• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
LongDongSilver said:   
Does it use regular sim or micro sim?

Regular SIM.

cs2010 said:   Battery is poor. Sometimes the touchscreen is unresponsive.
I've just noticed those two things. Sometimes, the touchscreen doesn't respond.
And I charged the battery to 97% last night, and then it has gone down to 70% by this morning. I made one or two calls last night, and browsed Fatwallet to post that message.

stuffedwallet said:   Samsung Exhibit @ HSN

What You Get

Exhibit handset
Battery
AC charger
Car charger
Case
Android App Pack 6
Activation SIM card with 10 minutes of starter airtime
USB cable
Screen protector
Soft card for smoothing screen protector
Cloth
Activation card instructions
Terms and conditions of service
2 Samsung owner's manuals (English and Spanish)
Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty

Edit: At least for my State, there is no sales tax (compared to t-mo deal). Also you can use 121363 coupon code to get $20 off (for new customers) - you know what that means. Also, you can get that $50 card T-mo is slipstreaming with the phone, for < $50. imho, this is a little better deal than t-mo.

Do you mean this phone from HSN also come with the $50 prepaid card? Can anyone bought from HSN before confirm that? Thanks in advance.

georgeckc said:    Do you mean this phone from HSN also come with the $50 prepaid card? Can anyone bought from HSN before confirm that? Thanks in advance.

I don't think this comes with $50 card. However it is a better deal with $20 less (coupon code) and pay less up-front.
As "losing the number", if you keep using it, you will never lose the number.

I have been using this phone for the past 4 months on Tmobile prepaid. It has performed well for such a low price.
I will switch to nexus 4 if I am able to get one as it is sold out globally

This phone is awesome if you are technical enough to root it because it has a lot of community support. There's been many new developments in roms and kernels since a few months ago.
I'm currently using Jellybean 4.12 via cyanogenmod 10 (cm10) rom and the phone is fast.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Exhibit_4G

or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26860509

VirtuaL said:   cs2010 said:   Battery is poor. Sometimes the touchscreen is unresponsive.
I've just noticed those two things. Sometimes, the touchscreen doesn't respond.
And I charged the battery to 97% last night, and then it has gone down to 70% by this morning. I made one or two calls last night, and browsed Fatwallet to post that message.

i'm seeing better battery life than that. be sure wifi is turned off when you're not using it.

Yes, you can put a T-Mobile SIM from a contract phone into this one. I believe you will still get the $50 promo refill card if you purchase from from thier online site.

EDIT: I'm sure you can also put in an ATT SIM card. Check the frequency range of the phone in the specs section to see if the frequencies are compatible - if so, then I don't believe you need to unlock the phone. Just plug and play.

EDIT#2:

You will need to UNLOCK the phone to use with an ATT SIM - Thanks SafetyDance for correction.

momma36 said:   Can you stick a SIM from a contract phone in this? Would you still get the $50

fishhoppaZ said:   Yes, you can put a T-Mobile SIM from a contract phone into this one. I believe you will still get the $50 promo refill card if you purchase from from thier online site.

EDIT: I'm sure you can also put in an ATT SIM card. Check the frequency range of the phone in the specs section to see if the frequencies are compatible - if so, then I don't believe you need to unlock the phone. Just plug and play.

Uh, no. It will need to be unlocked for it to work on ATT.

So I m confuse on how to get that extra $50 from OP added edit statement. Can anyone explain that part? How's that "slipstreaming" to the phone? Thx

georgeckc said:   So I m confuse on how to get that extra $50 from OP added edit statement. Can anyone explain that part? How's that "slipstreaming" to the phone? Thx

I guess $50 talk time with tmobile so $ 179-$50 =$ 129 . With HSN if you are new customor then use couponcode to get price to $129 with free shipping and for me no tax in NJ

Interested in how this works too. Can you just take the SIM card from a current prepaid phone and plug it in and use it? How about reloading minutes and airtime??? Sorry...no idea how this works.

mo3k said:   Interested in how this works too. Can you just take the SIM card from a current prepaid phone and plug it in and use it? How about reloading minutes and airtime??? Sorry...no idea how this works.

If you are a current TMO user, slip the OLD sim card, you are set to go! No matter what plan you have, it will start to work.
For any previous TMO prepaid user - reloads methods are the same.

You need to "unlock" this phone for other carriers.

FWIW - RE : Unlocking for AT&T -

Tmoble unlock policy -

"For customers with a Prepaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 60 days of active service with T-Mobile and either a Prepaid Plan account balance of at least $10.00 or a prior refill within the last 30 days."

or pay a gsm unlocking service $20-25 for a code sent via email .

twinwoods said:   No, unless you unlock it. (so yes, if you unlock it.)
smish said:   will this work with at&t at all?

T-Mobile prepaid customers: If T-Mobile asks you why you want the unlock code (and they will), just tell them that you will be traveling abroad. You can request the code by phone or by chat. In most cases, it will be emailed to you within 24 hours.

AT&T customers: IMHO, this is already a questionable value at $130, so I wouldn't recommend that you spend another $10 - $25 to unlock it. There are going to be better options if you need an AT&T or unlocked phone. Some phones can be unlocked for free without getting the code from a carrier, and ~$155 would be enough to buy a significantly more advanced used phone.

I recommend using the phone finder tool at phonearena to narrow down your search, then checking developer support and potential for the phones you are interested in, and then -- in this price range -- giving some very serious thought to buying a used phone instead of a new one. Just my two cents.

I agree with MechanicalMan 's post above ( just a warm deal). However , it is brand new with warranty and convenient to buy .

IamMaximus said:   This phone is awesome if you are technical enough to root it because it has a lot of community support. There's been many new developments in roms and kernels since a few months ago.
I'm currently using Jellybean 4.12 via cyanogenmod 10 (cm10) rom and the phone is fast.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Exhibit_4G

or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26860509

I agree and would go so far to say that people should at this point only get this phone if they are willing to put cm9 or 10 on it.
The stock rom is flat-out bad and it takes a lot of work to make it really usable. With cm9 it is much faster, more reliable and of course more features.

The T-Mobile site just dropped the price of the prepaid Nokia Lumia 710 by $50, so it is now $199 and it comes with a $50 card.

Not sure if it is a better phone than the Exhibit, but some seem to like it.

mrwoodgie said: The T-Mobile site just dropped the price of the prepaid Nokia Lumia 710 by $50, so it is now $199 and it comes with a $50 card.

Or refurbished for $119.99 without card.

My wife still has old phone with T-Mobile prepaid service. Can I just take the SIM card out and use it on this device?

TuxMan said:   My wife still has old phone with T-Mobile prepaid service. Can I just take the SIM card out and use it on this device?
Yes.

Just saw a review from HSN about this phone -

dont buy this phone if u r an existing tmobile cus... alex222, OR 11/26/2012
I purchased this phone because it was a good deal through hsn, what hsn tells you is that they have signed a contract with T-Mobile to get you the $45 rate plan, what they "NEGLECT" to tell you is, that rate plan only applies to "NEW T-Mobile CUSTOMERS" so if you buy this phone thinking that you can use it on your current plan through T-Mobile, it will not work, will be getting this phone tomorrow and will be shipping it right back to hsn unopened and have to pay to ship it back..

Is that true? Can anyone who has it with previous TMO sim card confirm this?

twinwoods said:   Just saw a review from HSN about this phone -

dont buy this phone if u r an existing tmobile cus... alex222, OR 11/26/2012
I purchased this phone because it was a good deal through hsn, what hsn tells you is that they have signed a contract with T-Mobile to get you the $45 rate plan, what they "NEGLECT" to tell you is, that rate plan only applies to "NEW T-Mobile CUSTOMERS" so if you buy this phone thinking that you can use it on your current plan through T-Mobile, it will not work, will be getting this phone tomorrow and will be shipping it right back to hsn unopened and have to pay to ship it back..

Is that true? Can anyone who has it with previous TMO sim card confirm this?

This sounds kinda bogus - meaning HSN blowing hot air. I get the locking to a specific carrier, but is it possible to lock a specific lot of a sim based phone to a specific brand's plan?

You should be able to just plug in your existing tmo SIM card into the phone and you're good to go. I've done this before with other tmo branded prepaid phones purchased from different retailers.

Received my phone last night! Plugged my old TMO SIM card, it works as soon as I turned it on, showed 4G network connected!! Guys you all can relax and enjoy.

twinwoods said:   Is that true?
No.

ETA: Oops, never mind.

skinflinto said:   ]
Thank you! Getting a new number wouldn't be a big deal b/c the phone would be used as a backup one. Don't have a smart phone and thought this might be a viable alternative to be able to surf the web and do other things on a phone.

I realize that you are looking to add a smart phone, but for those just looking for a back up phone, you can buy a brand new samsumg flip phone for about $40 from tmobile.

If you want to go with the prepaid sim cards, you only have to pay for usage, but hte amount on the sim card expires in a few months. IIRC, if you buy at least $100 at a time, Tmobile won't expire the amount for a year.

An other non-contract option with Tmobile is to sign up for their non-subsidized account (not prepaid, but still no contract). you have to buy your phone without subsidy, but the monthly rates are much lower than the standard contract rates. If you get a "family" type account, you can shared minutes, get unlimited text, etc. and you can get data (for a smart phone) if you need it. My son has this (through costco) and I think he pays about $70 for two smartphones with unlimited data and he can add "dumb" phones for about $5 a month each.

SO, if you are looking to add someone who just needs an emergency phone (like grandma, in our case), it cost us about $40 for a phone and $5 a month for service (added on to the family "no contract" plan). Nice thing is that the tmobile brand flip phone appears to be made by the same guys who make the jitterbug phone, so BIG numbers!.

One last thing about adding on to tmobile no contract - you can add unlimited data to the $5 phone plan for about another $10 a month.

shop discover has additional 10 % CB for HSN

can someone tell me how much California sales tax is HSN charging for the phone?

Ananrefugee said:   if only tmobile would port my tmobile prepaid number - they've refused for the last two years, had to take the last phone I bought at WalMart back sigh...had to get a new no. for my samsung.
I wonder if you could have TMobil unlock the phone, then take it to one of the independent service providers that uses the TMob network and have them transfer your old numbers to their service. Then you could go back to TMob and sign up for their pay as you go plan and transfer the phone number.

Kinda complicated, but it might work.

Regarding California sales tax, I don't have my receipt handy but it was based directly on the sales price of the phone so around 15 bucks.

wasben said:   Ananrefugee said:   if only tmobile would port my tmobile prepaid number - they've refused for the last two years, had to take the last phone I bought at WalMart back sigh...had to get a new no. for my samsung.
I wonder if you could have TMobil unlock the phone, then take it to one of the independent service providers that uses the TMob network and have them transfer your old numbers to their service. Then you could go back to TMob and sign up for their pay as you go plan and transfer the phone number.

Would those recently posted unlocking instructions work on this phone?
See here.

osuuma said:   wasben said:   Ananrefugee said:   if only tmobile would port my tmobile prepaid number - they've refused for the last two years, had to take the last phone I bought at WalMart back sigh...had to get a new no. for my samsung.

Would those recently posted unlocking instructions work on this phone?
See here.

NO

Check your credit union's or bank's online banking site to see if they have a $10 Cash Back offer through Purchase Rewards.

One of my banks (HeritageBank) and one of my credit unions (Harborstone) have Purchase Rewards that will give $10 Cash Back on a $20+ purchase from HSN. These are both in Washington state and they both use the same software for their online banking. My guess is that many credit unions and small regional banks use the same software and have the same offer.

I don't know if this offer is stackable with the $20 new customer offer.

Received the phone a few days ago - plug and play with a tmo sim. Love it! I ended up purchasing a cover case for the phone because the back shell is so damn slippery. I dropped it twice prior to getting the silicone cover.

Also note: The phone packaging was different than the packaging sold at t-mo stores, target, and best buy. The HSN one came in a much smaller tmo box that did not mention anything about the phone being a prepaid device versus the ones in the mentioned stores are in boxes that are emblazened with "Prepaid", "$50$ plan" etc. Not sure if this is an older version or what not.

All the extras from HSN (except car charger) were pretty useless for me.

The previous posted rooting method here did not work on this phone (at least, for me), I found this -
http://www.androidauthority.com/exhibit-4g-t679-how-to-root-tuto...

hope that helps some.

I purchased this for my husband. He had an old tmobile flip phone, using a prepaid tmobile plan. The sim cards are not the same. Of course, we want to keep his old number. What do I need to do to accomplish this? Take to a t mobile store? Do something online? I am a little behind the times when it comes to cell phones. Thanking you in advance.

if unlocked, will this get 3g/4g speeds on at&t?

FroginMyPants said:   I purchased this for my husband. He had an old tmobile flip phone, using a prepaid tmobile plan. The sim cards are not the same. Of course, we want to keep his old number. What do I need to do to accomplish this? Take to a t mobile store? Do something online? I am a little behind the times when it comes to cell phones. Thanking you in advance.

It's called a micro-SIM. You can cut the regular SIM card down to size with scissors if you do it just right-- there are instructions online. Not too hard, but you can't screw it up. Otherwise, they may be able to cut it in the store.

It's called a micro-SIM. You can cut the regular SIM card down to size with scissors if you do it just right-- there are instructions online. Not too hard, but you can't screw it up. Otherwise, they may be able to cut it in the store.

Thanks. I figured it out. Was going in the wrong direction initially. Doh! Thanks again - appreciate the reply!

Yes, this phone takes a regular SIM, not a micro-SIM. Don't cut it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.