Voting History
rated:
Galaxy Player 3.6 @ BestBuy

Sale: $99.99

Reg. Price: $149.99
You Save:$50.00
Free Shipping

Model: YP-GS1CBXAA SKU: 4863926
Measures just 0.4" thin and weighs just 4.2 oz.; up to 36 hours audio playback and up to 5 hours video playback; 3.6" Super Clear LCD touch screen; Kies software; USB interface

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Player 3.6
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Horrible PMP. Stuck forever at Gingerbread. Camera makes me want to vomit. A used HTC Thunderbolt can be had for the same price and will at least get Android 4.0.

Not all BF deals are good deals, which is probably why BB is offering this one so early.

Model Number: YP-GS1

- Display: 3.6'' TN TFT LCD, HVGA (480x320)
- CPU: TI OMAP 3620 1Ghz
- GPU: Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX530
- Sound Chip (DAC): Wolfson Microelectronics WM8994
- Storage: 8GB onboard. Upgradable to 32GB via microSD (64GB can work too)
- Camera: 2.0 MP No AF (back) VGA (front)
- Input: Volume, Power/Sleep, Home, Back, Menu (all these three are capacitive)
- Product Size (W x H x D): 62.4 x 115.9 x 9.65 mm (2.45" x 4.52" x 0.38")

yea i thought about this for kids but its easier to buy a newer smartphone phone on craigslist and use wifi only....

asuka said:   Horrible PMP. Stuck forever at Gingerbread. Camera makes me want to vomit. A used HTC Thunderbolt can be had for the same price and will at least get Android 4.0.

Not all BF deals are good deals, which is probably why BB is offering this one so early.

What is PMP?
What's wrong with the camera? According to this review, it's better than the ipod touch.

My girlfriend wants to get a new MP3 player for her daughter, and I suggested the Galaxy Player, but even the 3.6" is still a bit too expensive for her. And something over 4" would be better. I was thinking about what a couple of you say about getting a phone instead and using it. Can you name some models to look for? What about the HTC Thunderbolt is good? What about the original Samsung Galaxy S? Any others?
Also is a phone going to have enough storage, and if adding a micro SD card, will that slow it down?
Will there be a message about no cell service every time you turn it on?

PMP = Portable Music Player -- iPod touch, etc.

The camera is terrible compared to iPod touch 4G. Light acquisition is dismal. Might take competitive shots in bright sunlight, but iPod touch does much better indoors. Also camera software is extremely responsive on iPod touch 4G, extremely unresponsive on GP3.6.

I'd take a $75 used Galaxy S or a $100 Thunderbolt used any day over this steaming pile. At least Thunderbolt is still expecting Android 4.0.

A reputable microSD card should not slow down the performance of any of these devices.

Depending on device, they may report no service, but I would suggest turning on Airplane Mode anyways to save power since you won't be using it. If you get a Galaxy S for Verizon though, you can activate the cell phone portion on Page Plus for emergency/backup calling. Can't do that with LTE devices on Verizon.

i would like to purchase this item now.

how can i purchase mp3 player?

asuka said:   Horrible PMP. Stuck forever at Gingerbread. Camera makes me want to vomit. A used HTC Thunderbolt can be had for the same price and will at least get Android 4.0.

Yep. I'm a major Android fanboy, but in short regarding this product:

Save yourself the disappointment. Just get an iPod Touch. Trust me on this. Avoid this product at all costs.

MY $50 HTC ONE V is much better than this music player

baskett said:   Galaxy Player 3.6 @ BestBuy

Sale: $99.99

Reg. Price: $149.99
You Save:$50.00
Free Shipping

Model: YP-GS1CBXAA SKU: 4863926
Measures just 0.4" thin and weighs just 4.2 oz.; up to 36 hours audio playback and up to 5 hours video playback; 3.6" Super Clear LCD touch screen; Kies software; USB interface

$149.99 !! not %99.00

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014