• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate Barracuda 7200 3 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001

$89.99

Free Shipping

Link

Edited to update price. Thanks T0mmyBoy for the update!

Member Summary

ST3000DM001
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the Newegg link

Rahmat (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 2:25p) |

Thanks got 1

gwaap (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 2:26p) |

Unless you have bleeding edge hardware, you may find the 3TB a little unwieldy to work natively. Yes, there are work-ar... (more)

GWBush (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 7:56p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I posted this under the wrong category. Is there any way this can be moved to the correct category?

Amazon is now listing it matching Newegg's price ($89.99), free shipping with Prime (OPs link goes right to the new price).

I used the 5 off 25 from the other day on this

m0ksh said:   I think the Newegg deal is better.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235739/

Thanks, some of us have to pay tax for Amazon.

if my pc ds says SATA will SATA 6 work on it??? its a gateway 11 mos old

yes, they are backward compatible.

cyberpitstop said:   if my pc ds says SATA will SATA 6 work on it??? its a gateway 11 mos old

itsme13 said:   yes, they are backward compatible.

cyberpitstop said:   if my pc ds says SATA will SATA 6 work on it??? its a gateway 11 mos old
thx

thinkN said:   I used the 5 off 25 from the other day on this

Same here.

Awesome OP, much thanks.

Went with this deal. $89 for 3 TB with Amazon's no hassle return policy in case of a DOA drive is a nice deal.

I posted the same question on another thread but haven't received any opinions, does anyone have an opinion?:

Help....need advice. This deal seems like a great one. I've been looking for a more energy savings for a HTPC that I'm building. I was leaning towards a WD green 5400rpm for storage. Is there any advantage to wait for a 5400rpm "green" drive or should I go for this deal?
Very tempted to go for this with warranty extension.
Thanks in advance for input

7200rpm performs better... much better.

but for a HTPC you probably wouldn't notice a difference

Are there any issues with this hd?

Seagate is ntorious for defects and bad hd...

Thanks everyone for staying up to date on this item, i had my eye on it as i had $5 coupon and $80 in Amazon rewards to use
i cant believe i just got a 3 tb harddrive for $5 bucks shipped only here at FW! Also thanks to "itsme13" for answering my
question so quick so i could pull the trigger b4 it was gone.

cheap prices, thanks need a few for backups

in 4 1, hopefully i will get a "good" one... I am used to WD but at this price I will willing to test.

food1313 said:   
Thanks, some of us have to pay tax for Amazon.

I didn't realize, but I ended up paying tax through Amazon too.

A quick search gives these numbers: WD30EZRS Idle power: 3.65 W, Load power: 7.15 W - ST3000DM001 Idle power: 5.4 W Load power 8.0 W

neochaos said:   Are there any issues with this hd?

Seagate is ntorious for defects and bad hd...

Read through the reviews at various sites to get an idea.

bheav said:   I posted the same question on another thread but haven't received any opinions, does anyone have an opinion?:

Help....need advice. This deal seems like a great one. I've been looking for a more energy savings for a HTPC that I'm building. I was leaning towards a WD green 5400rpm for storage. Is there any advantage to wait for a 5400rpm "green" drive or should I go for this deal?
Very tempted to go for this with warranty extension.
Thanks in advance for input

Current Green drives don't work well in NAS/RAID setups (because of their firmware).

You're better off with NAS/RAID compliant (red) drives, or regular 7200 rpm drives.

EDIT: I have two of these in an external enclosure set up as RAID 1, no problems to report.

rcy1 said:   A quick search gives these numbers: WD30EZRS Idle power: 3.65 W, Load power: 7.15 W - ST3000DM001 Idle power: 5.4 W Load power 8.0 W

Thanks for the info, not really a huge difference in power consumption in my opinion.....I'm guessing that over time it really wouldn't make much of a difference in power savings....probably only pennies.

I am I correct in this assumption? If so, I believe should go for it and add the 3yr warranty

I know....buy the time I make a decision, it will be too late!

Sweet! One thing off my Black Friday list already!

It shows up as $144.95 for me in my cart.

ablang said:   It shows up as $144.95 for me in my cart.

Says the same thing for me:

We're sorry. The item Seagate Barracuda 7200 3 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

Thanks for the Newegg link

m0ksh said:   I think the Newegg deal is better.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1235739/

Thanks got 1

Unless you have bleeding edge hardware, you may find the 3TB a little unwieldy to work natively. Yes, there are work-arounds and software by-passes but those are just bound to be trouble later. Make sure your BIOS and your OS will support it or you will end up with a less than ideal solution (having to partition, having to use a 3rd party overlay, not having anything over 2TB recognized etc.)... Not saying it wont work, just that it's not yet ready for prime time and will not be a plug and play experience for some if not most.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.