Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

ST3000DM001
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got two of these in the past month, and they work great, so long as they're directly connected to your power supply. Use of splitters for power will cause the much-known-and-loved Seagate chirps that suggest imminent failure.

I paid $119.99 for each, and they're now $89.99 ($30/TB!).

(OP: I'm sure you'll start getting green if you include the price in the subject line. This is the first time I've seen $/TB fall significantly below pre-flood levels for an internal drive.)

Powderhorn said:   I got two of these in the past month, and they work great, so long as they're directly connected to your power supply. Use of splitters for power will cause the much-known-and-loved Seagate chirps that suggest imminent failure.

I paid $119.99 for each, and they're now $89.99 ($30/TB!).

I lost so much of my personal data with Seagate 2 TB HD, I'm still mad... this happened 6 months ago...

The link shows 2T drive, not 3T drive, big difference.

Please change title.

Oddly, the 2TB is the same price as the 3TB, which is on the same page. Perhaps a bit of sneakiness on Amazon's part. You have to click on the 3TB in the capacity options to see it.

alam said:   The link shows 2T drive, not 3T drive, big difference.

Please change title.

3TB here

sold out at this price.

The 3TB version is currently $110.

but it's going on sale later today (3 pm CST IIRC)

don't know what it will be on sale though...89 bucks wouldn't be bad, but I'm guessing 99

I don't know about a drive with a 1 year warranty.

yep...99 bucks...not so hot a deal

I went for the $99 buck one because I missed the $89 deal from Amazon and Newegg.

Warm for $99, but glad I got in on the $89 Newegg deal (and this drive isn't even on Newegg's site anymore?).

Deal is DEAD

dbhamilton said:   Deal is DEAD

Damn...only two months later

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014