• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kohls has the PTAB8000 on sale for $119.99. Use coupon code BLACKFRI at checkout to knock it down to $101.99 before tax.
You will earn $30 in Kohl's cash on the purchase. The best part is the $30 mail-in-rebate for the item, form attached.
The rebate is valid for 11/21-11/22 Online purchases and 11/23 In-Store or online purchases. That knocks the price down
to $71.99. Not too mention the 2% FW CashBack as well. The item will also ship free.

Product Features:
•Capacitive touch screen makes navigating simple.
•Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
•Front-facing camera and built-in microphone.
•Internal memory holds up to 4GB.
•Micro SDHC card slot expands memory.
•Mini USB port offers added versatility.
•Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides hours of use.
•Surf the web, browse e-mail, play games and more.
•Wirelessly download apps and eBooks.
•Store and play music, videos and pictures.
•Preloaded with Facebook, Twitter, Kobo and more.
•3.5mm headphone jack and built-in speaker.

Product Details:
•Screen: 8 inches
•Resolution: 800 x 600
•Networking: 802.11 b/g/n
•ARM Cortex A9 1GHz processor
•512 MB DDR3 RAM
•Model no. PTAB8000

Link to Tablet

Kohl's
See Kohl's coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Polaroid 8" Tablet PTAB8000
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    BEACH
    15% off any order (expires 8/28/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought this from Kohls a few weeks ago to give it a test drive. It's not bad, a little sluggish (as to be expected from its specs) and limited as far as what you can get from the Amazon App store; not sure I understand why, but even though it is an Android 4.0 device, not all 4.0 compatible apps are available on it (I am an Apple fanboy for the most part so my lack of knowledge may be related to that).

Also, while apparently you can root the Polaroid 7.0 tablet to get Google Play loaded onto it, I wasn't able to do it for some reason on the 8.0, even though I followed the same procedures that 7.0 entails; I wasn't able to go into the same mode you apparently can with the 7.0. That, and the fact that I was just checking it out led me to return it.

I did, however, purchase the 10.1 on sale today; with the 15%, it came down to $127.99 pre-tax. Seems like better specs and has 2 cameras instead of 1. Got it as insurance in case I was not able to find it in my local Kohls on Thanksgiving evening/Black Friday, where it can be had for $10-15 cheaper (if you have the in-store only bf coupons).

For $71.99 though, this one is a pretty nice deal, if you are fine with 1 camera and less-than-snappy performance (which really, is not really a deal-breaker).

If you go through ShopDiscover (10% for Kohl's) and your Discover Card (5% for online purchases), I think you can get an additional $15 back. That, plus the $30 Kohl's cash as well as the $30 rebate, make this too good a deal to pass up.

lgmayka said:   If you go through ShopDiscover (10% for Kohl's) and your Discover Card (5% for online purchases), I think you can get an additional $15 back. That, plus the $30 Kohl's cash as well as the $30 rebate, make this too good a deal to pass up.
Discover casback is usually voided with coupons

A few have had success getting Google Play installed. There is even step by step instructions later in the topic. Link

Just ordered one of these for my toddler to watch videos on. After the $30 rebate, $30 Kohl's Cash, and 15% discount, the overall cost ends up being $41.99 plus tax. I also went through the Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards shopping portal, which is 10 points per dollar, so an extra ~$10 or so back in rewards, making my overall cost around $32.00 plus taxes.

Does anyone know if you can watch Amazon Prime videos on this?

Could you explain how to get $30 "Kohls cash"? Thx.

^^^$15.00 Kohl's cash earned for every $50.00 spent today and for the next two days equals $30.00 on $100 for this purchase...look at the banner on the main page on the right side (in green color)

Anyone seen a case that will work for this 8" tablet?

I bought from khols and return on same day. Did not like display.

Smaller 7 in is on sale as part of the Night Owl sale (right now) or Early Bird sale in the morning. Using the 25% off 100, this makes it about $90 w/ free shipping.

More Views Polaroid 7-in. Internet Tablet
sale $119.99
regular $179.99
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 Rating Snapshot (36 reviews)5 stars 124 stars 103 stars 32 stars 61 star 5Quality: 3.5 out of 5 Style: 4.1 out of 5 Value: 4.1 out of 5 22 out of 32(69%)customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Read all 36 reviews | Write a review
Share this product:
Product Questions & Answers
50 Questions & 65 Answers

This Polaroid 7-in. Internet tablet makes life simple. Its touch screen is easy to use. Plus, its Wi-Fi wireless compatibility lets you connect to the Internet wherever you are. Shop our full selection of electronics at Kohl's. In black.

Limit two per household.

Capacitive touch screen with 800 x 480 resolution and four-way auto rotation makes navigating simple.
ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor, 518 MB DDR3 RAM and Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich operating system offer powerful access to special features and apps.
Front 0.3 megapixel camera, built-in microphone and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi network let you video chat with family and friends.
Internal memory holds up to 4GB and the micro SDHC card slot expands memory up to 32GB.
Mini USB port offers added versatility.
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides hours of use.
Bookstore accessibility lets you download more than 2 million books, magazines and newspapers.
3.5-mm headphone jack and built-in speaker allow you to listen to music and audio books in private or aloud.
Details:
Screen: 7 inches
Model no. PTAB7XC

Quantity:
sale $119.99

DesiBudy said:   I bought from khols and return on same day. Did not like display.

I didn't like the display either but when I increase the font size to "HUGE" the letters became much clearer and sharper. For those that kept theirs, try this setting before returning it. Cheers!

sparty93 said:   Anyone seen a case that will work for this 8" tablet?

Kohls sells the custom fit case for these tablets also made by Polaroid. They have the custom cut outs in the back where the speaker is located at. They come in red and black color. They don't sell it online (at least when I last looked). The model # is PAC3103KH the UPC is 580079631093. The Kohls item # is 223 40 44. Hopefully this helps as I couldn't locate these anywhere else but in the store.

The down size is the price. Normally $30.

I used a bunch of coupons (can't remember which) to get it down to about $15 OTD.

The quality is not bad. I just don't like the four, thin elastic bands that hold the tablet in the case. Eventually these will stretch out but we'll see how that goes... If it fails I may just use some Shoe Goo to kept it in place.

Just for clarification. The reference picture shown (below the first post above) is actually the 7" model. This 8" model is much nicer. The front side is completely flat with no raised edges on the border of the touch screen just like an ipad.

Make this device even better! You can Root, and install the offical Google Play Store! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2066041

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014