• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ECS LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (G41T-M7)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So how much would a cheap CPU for this thing cost? Even used would be OK.

got one, will have to see what I do with it, thanks BB

If you live near a Micro-center, they have refurbished P4 LGA775 for less than $10.00.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=42949669...

This is for NY Westchester County.

In for one! I had almost everything ready to build up a PC. Time to get a desktop case to start for fun! Thanks to BB!

Damn! Got it in my cart, then it was removed before I could check out. They are out of stock

Oh well

Appears to be OOS now.

guardian44 said:   So how much would a cheap CPU for this thing cost? Even used would be OK.

Just buy a used CPU on eBay, there are many to choose from such as Pentium Dual Core E2140/2160/2180, Celeron E3300, Core 2 Duo E4300, Core 2 Duo E6300.
You can definitely get one for under $25. I recently bought an E4300 for $4 delivered. The ones I mentioned all overclock well.

Avoid P4s though... slow and use too much power.

sold out

guardian44 said:   So how much would a cheap CPU for this thing cost? Even used would be OK.eBay makes it fairly easy to find CPUs, provided you specify the manufacturer first. Ebay Socket 775 CPUs, no auctions. Pentium 4 and Pentium D type CPUs available there for for $5-10, delivered, but watch the power ratings because these budget motherboards aren't good at running 75W+ CPUs for long. Also those CPUs can be real slugs, compared to Core 2 chips that edavid mentioned: CPU benchmark ratings

I don't know about the quality of this ECS motherboard, but the last 4 mobos bought new that failed on me for reasons other than bad capacitors were from ECS.

FYI:
I got a couple of ECS boards in the past from Fryís CPU-board combo deals. They all had loud electronic noises and malfunctioned after a few months. One of them (671T-M v1.0) actually caught on fire (i.e., I saw actual flames on the board). Iím gonna avoid this brand from now on, and you may want to do the same thing. There is no cheap junk, just junk you paid for.

sheesh -- want serial number for rebate and I cant find it -- Ill keep looking

found on sd:

The motherboard's serial number (for rebate purpose):
The serial number label is on the lower side of the PCI slot.
The serial number is also located on the box label (at the bottom line starts with R60xxx) where the UPC and EAN code is.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014