• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

REI (6.18kB)
Disclaimer
Purchase between December 1 and December 9. Gift card valid December 12 through January 6.
http://www.rei.com/holiday-promo

Member Summary

image (126.18kB)
Thanks ddhoffman83
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you made separate purchase for items that equal $100, you can call in and ask to speak to supervisor, who will over r... (more)

drew2money (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 10:06a) |

Time to use those $20 GC's! Just put my 4 to use.

JoeDaddy (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 2:02a) |

Did anyone have trouble with the 6% FW CB? All of my purchases were credited and then revoked. FW investigated and repli... (more)

arctan1701 (Jan. 24, 2013 @ 8:43p) |

Terms and Conditions:
Promotional Card available 11/28/12 9pm - 12/9/12 11:59pm Pacific Time.
Pretax purchases of $100 or more of eligible merchandise at REI stores, REI.com, or REI-OUTLET.COM qualify for $20 promotional card.
Promotional Card will be emailed to the email address on the order for purchases made at REI.com, REI-OUTLET.com.
Promotional Card will be given by the cashier for purchases made at REI stores, while supplies last.
Limit 1 offer per purchase.
Promotional Card not available from purchases made at REI Corporate and Group Sales, REI Adventures or REI Outdoor School.
Promotional Card not available from purchases of special orders or gift boxes, or on prior purchases or rentals.
Promotional Card availability limited to purchases of stock on hand and backorderable items.
Promotional Card expires 1/6/2013 and is a single use card.
Restrictions for promotional card redemption apply. See applicable Terms and Conditions available at REI.com

NO where does it say the $100 has to be a single purchase. If you make multiple purchases totaling $100, just call and ask to speak to supervisor, as it doesn't say "single purchase" in the T&E.

Terms and Conditions for Redemption 12/12 – 1/6/13:
This single-use promotional card is issued by REI Customer Services, Inc.
This card can be applied as a one-time merchandise discount to qualifying items purchased at REI stores, REI.com, REI-OUTLET.com or 1‑800‑426‑4840; any unused amount will be forfeited at time of redemption (except where required by law).
If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount.
This card cannot be used to purchase goods in our Corporate Group Sales business channel and cannot be used to pay for shipping charges, return labels, exchanges, memberships, taxes, passes and tickets, shop services, gift cards or backordered items.
Not redeemable for cash (except where required by law).
Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except where required by law).
Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the Promotional Card Terms and Conditions (available at REI.com/holiday-promo) which may be changed at any time.
Not for resale. Void where prohibited. Valid through 1/6/2013.

humm, REI being so generous on returns this is ripe for abuse.

It's live on the website!

arribasn said:   humm, REI being so generous on returns this is ripe for abuse.

I've always wondered how REI does it. One time I had mentioned a North Face fleece I bought that fell apart after a couple years. They suggested I return it. So I did. I no longer feel bad about returning something which is supposed to be durable and hold up for more than a few years.

Nice find OP. Now to find something to buy there...

Gift Cards eligible?

This is critical: "Promotional Card expires 1/6/2013 and is a single use card"

This is similar the restaurants and their 'bonus bites'. I predict the week before 1/6/13 nothing in the store will be on sale

thirddowndraw said:   Gift Cards eligible?

That is explicitly answered in the terms and conditions

arribasn said:   humm, REI being so generous on returns this is ripe for abuse.

If there is a gift card promotion involved, your items would be discounted to account for you "buying" the $20 gift card, so if you end up returning items, you don't end up with free money.

klew97 said:   arribasn said:   humm, REI being so generous on returns this is ripe for abuse.

If there is a gift card promotion involved, your items would be discounted to account for you "buying" the $20 gift card, so if you end up returning items, you don't end up with free money.

Not true. The gift card expires on 1/6/13. REI has an extremely liberal return policy, and you can return a purchase anytime down the road. How could they deduct the cost of a gift card with limited use from a purchase which could conceivably be a gift given on Christmas and not returned until after 1/6/13?

If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount.

if you shop here anyways, its a good deal

This deal needs some more green.

You can use your eGift Card to buy something and get another $20. So $100 for $100 of stuff + $40 in Promo Gift Cards.

I did this deal:
Spend $100 ($100 eGift Card + $20 Promo Gift Card. $6.00 in Fat Cash)
Went to the store, bought a Fitbit One $99.95 and a cheap filler. Paid using the $100 Gift Card and was given another $20 Promo Gift Card.

Deal works out to $100 - $6 Fat Cash - $40 Promo Gift Cards - $10 Dividend. I could all that as cash, so $44 + Tax for this item.

You got the bonus for buying a $100 eGift card? Do they send you a '$20 promo' card, or is that also just via email?

fraidy said:   You got the bonus for buying a $100 eGift card? Do they send you a '$20 promo' card, or is that also just via email?Yes, but a $100 eGift Card (emailed). You will receive the $100 eGift Card and the $20 Promo Gift Card. You can spend the $100 eGift Card online or in store, and get another $20 Promo Gift Card.

so was the $20 bonus card emailed also?

and you got memeber bonus for buying gift card?

10% is typical but not guaranteed. Your refund is based on eligible purchases, which exclude REI-OUTLET.com items, sale and clearance items (prices ending in $._9 or $._3), items discounted 15% or more, gift cards, REI Adventures trips, REI Outdoor School classes and outings, sales tax, postage, mounting, engraving, labor, rental fees and membership fee.

How long did it take for the 20 bonus card to get emailed to you? Got the 100 card I bought almost immediately.

fraidy said:   How long did it take for the 20 bonus card to get emailed to you? Got the 100 card I bought almost immediately.About 1-3 hours later

If I get 2 $20 gift cards can I use them together to buy $40 item?

berkeleyman said:   If I get 2 $20 gift cards can I use them together to buy $40 item?That will be answered on December 12.

Tripp1269 said:   berkeleyman said:   If I get 2 $20 gift cards can I use them together to buy $40 item?That will be answered on December 12.

Was in store today using 100 eCard. Got the 20 bonus card and asked if I could stack them. Answer = yes, but you have to use full balance, so would have to buy something > $40 to use both and not lose any value.

Nationwide used gear sale (formerly 'garage sale')coming up on 12/29 for members, so good chance to use them there.

HT to Tripp1269.

My breakdown:
Purchase $100 eGift Card ($6 FWCB, $5 back REI CC, $20 Promo GC)
Purchase online $100 item using eGC (another $20 GC, $6 FWCB, $10 Member Div,)
$100 item out the door for $73 +tax and $40 of GCs. Effectively $33.

I just purchased a $100 egiftcert by paying with a physical $100 gc I got for signing up for the REI CC Offer, order went through wanting for email with $100 and $20 gc's

Would it work again if it used the egiftcard to purchased another $100 egiftcard, to get another $20??

1st post ever btw, Hi

edit: received my $100 after about 5 min, and received my $20 card about 10 min after that.

If you made separate purchase for items that equal $100, you can call in and ask to speak to supervisor, who will over ride system and send you $20 egift card. The terms and conditions don't specify it's a single purchase, so they are being good by customers and awarding the promotion.

Time to use those $20 GC's! Just put my 4 to use.

Did anyone have trouble with the 6% FW CB? All of my purchases were credited and then revoked. FW investigated and replied that REI says the purchases weren't eligible for Cash Back. The denial was for GCs and purchases with those GCs. The terms say that there is no CB when redeeming a GC, but many people reports still receiving CB.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014