• 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
I do not understand how you guys are getting the low prices on these lens and such.
I added the camera to the cart on Amazon, and the 250 lens, and went all the way to the final page on Amazon before clicking submit order, and it still shows 600 for the camera, and 300 for the lens.

The OP has in bold letters, to be patient, and go to checkout to see discounts, and that they should appear as long as the items are by Amazon directly. I checked that and they are.

This doesn't make sense, and I've been watching this thread since Monday. it never worked exactly right that i can see.

RhizzleBop said:   I do not understand how you guys are getting the low prices on these lens and such.
I added the camera to the cart on Amazon, and the 250 lens, and went all the way to the final page on Amazon before clicking submit order, and it still shows 600 for the camera, and 300 for the lens.

The OP has in bold letters, to be patient, and go to checkout to see discounts, and that they should appear as long as the items are by Amazon directly. I checked that and they are.

This doesn't make sense, and I've been watching this thread since Monday. it never worked exactly right that i can see.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?i...

dhansookh said:   macwan said:   dhansookh said:   macwan said:   if you forgot to add tiffen UV filter with your order from Thanksgiving and if your order still not shipped...chat with CSR and might get added free..I just got added to my order

Can you provide more details such as size? Direct link to product would be great!!!

here you go: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZCJI/

Thanks macwan! I tried adding that filter along with camera kit sold by Amazon but Promo does not show-up. See details below:

Order Summary
Items (2): $605.25
Shipping & Handling: $7.24
Super Saver Discount: -$7.24
Total before tax: $605.25
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Order Total: $605.25

Qualifying offers:

Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Super Saver Discount

Where camera price is $599.

promotion is stopped i guess

RhizzleBop said:   I do not understand how you guys are getting the low prices on these lens and such.

See this link for details on the rebates:
linkRebates

For all the people just joining this parade...I think it's safe to say that the original deal is over and your prices will be higher.

I just tried and it seems to be working just fine:

Order Summary
Items (2): $854.00
Shipping & Handling: $7.99
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
Super Saver Discount: -$7.99
Total before tax: $704.00
Order Total: $704.00

Qualifying offers:

55-250 PROMO
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Super Saver Discount

Cart contents:
Estimated delivery: Dec. 17, 2012 - Dec. 28, 2012

This item will arrive after December 25, 2012.
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

by CANON

$255.00

Quantity: 1 Change

Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks.

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens

Add gift options
Estimated delivery: Dec. 17, 2012 - Dec. 22, 2012
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

$599.00

Quantity: 1 Change

Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks.

Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$150 off the Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens
Get $2 in MP3s.

Add gift options

hammer45 said:   For all the people just joining this parade...I think it's safe to say that the original deal is over and your prices will be higher.

no doubt - all the late joiners need to READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!! the original deal is dead. Congrats to all who got in, especially with the $499 price match!

**runs away knowing there are 20 posts coming from people asking me where the $499 camera is...**

padstack said:   **runs away knowing there are 20 posts coming from people asking me where the $499 camera is...**

Hey padstack, where can I find the $499 camera?

Pitter said:   padstack said:   **runs away knowing there are 20 posts coming from people asking me where the $499 camera is...**

$499, that's a hot deal. Gimme a link!

stn0795 said:   What your 55-250 and 75-300 prices?

jtclin said:   In my case, camera drops to $539.56 from $599 and got price adjusted. Sweet!

Item(s) Subtotal: $950.52
Shipping & Handling: $19.00
Super Saver Discount: -$19.00
55-250 PROMO: -$150.00
75-300 PROMO: -$150.00
Promotion Applied: -$12.52
Promotion Applied: -$29.00
-----
Total before tax: $609.00

55-250 ~ $213
75-300 ~ $157

I bit for the T3 + 2 lenses. Initially ordered for $550, then cancelled and got back in at $499.

The camera, case, and SD card shipped, but the two lenses are now delayed and not scheduled to arrive until after Christmas. But 2/3rds of the lens bundle discounts (~$100 per lens) already applied to the products already shipped (camera, case, SD card). I've been billed only about $225 for those.

I'm wondering what will happen if I cancel the unshipped lenses. Have I just gotten the deal of the decade? Or will Amazon bill me for the promo amounts? (And, yes, I've asked Amazon. The agent's communication skill was grossly inadequate, and I didn't get an answer.)

arla said:   I bit for the T3 + 2 lenses. Initially ordered for $550, then cancelled and got back in at $499.

The camera, case, and SD card shipped, but the two lenses are now delayed and not scheduled to arrive until after Christmas. But 2/3rds of the lens bundle discounts (~$100 per lens) already applied to the products already shipped (camera, case, SD card). I've been billed only about $225 for those.

I'm wondering what will happen if I cancel the unshipped lenses. Have I just gotten the deal of the decade? Or will Amazon bill me for the promo amounts? (And, yes, I've asked Amazon. The agent's communication skill was grossly inadequate, and I didn't get an answer.)

The system will adjust accordingly....this has been tried many of times and failed.

leachs225 said:   Pitter said:   padstack said:   **runs away knowing there are 20 posts coming from people asking me where the $499 camera is...**

$499, that's a hot deal. Gimme a link!

Green for you both, gentlemen!

Shipping is arrived and very happy to see all items.

I see there are some newcomers in this forum...who wants to join and purchase this deals...I think ORIGINAL DEAL is over...

Original deals "WAS" $506 out the door.

Thanks to OP and everyone who contributed since this deal came(11/22/12)

I missed the original deal but added all the items to my cart when the camera was at $499. One of the lens promos didn't apply, so I started a support chat. The CS advised me to empty my cart and re-add all the items. I did, and in the mean time, the camera was back up to $599. Ugh. After multiple chats with no results, I called Amazon CS and a supervisor verified I had that item in my cart at that time and applied a $100 discount. Total for all items was $569. Great deal!

I had no plans of upgrading my Nikon D3000, but now it's a no-brainer even if it means I have to buy some new fixed lenses and a Speedlight flash. Thanks so much OP!

One other thing that's interesting - the lenses and the camera are all on back order with estimated arrival dates anywhere from December 10-28 when I look at my order details. Yet, if you add those items to your cart today they appear to ship sooner. Anyone else seeing that?

FYI, biz partner ordered the same deal as me so I have the original $506 deal with 3 lenses plus another 55-250mm for sale. PM me.

ash =o)

Hi AshVID,

I sent you a PM a bit ago and just wanted to do a quick post to make sure you got it. Please PM me if you didn't. Very interested in your extra bundle. Thanks!!

Dawn

LOL at the red for offerring the deal to a FWer! Come on people!

ash =o)

Guys, thanks for the great deal!
Got my camera today but very disappointed with the camera plastic quality! It is porous and feels cheap! I own T2i and plastic there is very different - smooth and solid. I then noticed that my T2i is made in Japan while T3i I got is from Taiwan.
Did you all guys got T3i made in Taiwan as well?

vlru said:   Did you all guys got T3i made in Taiwan as well?

My new T3 was made in Taiwan.

arla said:   vlru said:   Did you all guys got T3i made in Taiwan as well?

I guess that explains the fire sale. I suggest you guys get squaretrade warranty on these things before they fall apart.

I got 3 years for $100 using the 40% squaretrade facebook coupon from a few days ago, including accidental protection.

SO I have 1 year manufactuer's warranty, plus 1 year discover card, plus 3 years (concurrent with the first 2) warranty and accidental protection.

arla said:   vlru said:   Did you all guys got T3i made in Taiwan as well?

Really? Taiwan manufacturing is literally that bad?

This is internet at its worst. There is no difference in facilities where a camera is made as far as Canon is concerned. T3i's tended to go to Taiwan facility but these are made for the US to Canon standards and have a US warranty. The plastic is different in the T3i, slightly STRONGER and LIGHTER...

ash =o)

By the way... still haven't heard back on a few who wanted the camera. I'm selling the original deal, cam kit + 55-250 + 75-300 + backpack + 16gb mem card. All in the original Amazon box and factory boxes, sans the memory card which came in a sleeve. Not looking to cash in... I'll sell for $600 paypal with ground shipping, which should be about a wash.

ash =o)

reikimom1 said:   arla said:   

Really? Taiwan manufacturing is literally that bad?

Nope. I'm just answering the question asked. As ashVID says, I expect Taiwanese manufacturing to rival Japanese, at least in this case.

just sold the 75-300mm for a hundy; now use that for the EF 50mm... boo yah!

Just sold the extra 55-250 for $204.50. granted you lose about 15-20% in eBay/paypal/shipping fees, but that's another $165 after fees knocked off the top of that $617! Sold my D40x kit (with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses) for $350 (minus same fees), THEN got the ~$60 credit so I've got a whole $113.96 invested in the setup. Wifey wanted to keep the 70-300 lens, and given the deal we got, I really don't care. Probably could have avoided the fees via craigslist, but considering e-bay is probably faster I don't really mind. Best. Deal. Ever.

Just added the T3I bundle to my cart at Adorama for $589, not as good as original deal, but still pretty sharp price.

I can't seem to get the T3i bundle to work for $589 on Amazon or Adorama. Am I too late?

Anyone have an extra t3i bundle for sale?

dmoranda said:   Anyone have an extra t3i bundle for sale? Ask in this thread; someone may have upgraded from the 600d to the 650d.

I scored the camera with 3 lenses. Guess, I got lucky. Not sure where to sell the extra lenses though.... any takers here?

This deal rocked! Thanks again OP! The 2% promotional credit I got back from Amazon was off the before discounted total (so I got $18+ for the $900+ total before discounts). Just wish I could've gotten in on the initial extra lens....

Thakkar said:   I scored the camera with 3 lenses. Guess, I got lucky. Not sure where to sell the extra lenses though.... any takers here?

You can try selling them on "sellercentral.Amazon.com", "craigslist" or "eBay"
NOTE: Amazon does NOT allow you to sell stuff as new but you can list it as an old item and put a note (if it is BRAND NEW).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.