• Text Only
I seriously must have gotten the one loser CS rep who would not price match....sheesh. Still will not complain. Just means a trip to the UPS store to return the first camera.

I tired both online chat feature and email route. While I was arguing with CSR online about price matching and hearing some BS about future and past inventory, I got a reply via email that they are adjusting a price as a one time courtesy! Thanks AMZ. you guys rock!!

i think they get over a certain quota and they like to pull the brakes. the usualy 'ok' responses here are boiler plates; they are not written by reps.

PM on an order that has shipped but not arrived, this may be the best DSLR deal every on FW (in quantity).

Original deal including 2 lens loophole...

Camera Kit $599
75 - 300 $199
55 - 250 $299
55 - 250 $299
Backpack $20
Memory Card $15
TOTAL $1431

$506 total (inc. shipping and tax for most) with over $25 in Amazon MP3 credit. IMHO this is the hottest deal out there that did not require luck (Amz lightning deals) or camping out.

ash =o)

Just when I thought this deal couldn't get any better....my goodness....thanks for all the updates guys this has to be one of the BEST deals ever... and all done from the comfort of my home!

Getting flak from CSR and manager about PMing an out of stock item. Uggghh.

I just received an email confirming the price reduction of $100.01 to my account.

is this deal dead now? the other camera lens pops up showing a combo special, but the listed one does not.

I just noticed a link on the right side of the page that you can "Sell Us Your Item" for a $499 Amazon gift card. I guess you can sell back your new T3i and keep the lenses!

chedv said:   I just noticed a link on the right side of the page that you can "Sell Us Your Item" for a $499 Amazon gift card. I guess you can sell back your new T3i and keep the lenses!

Now that's a great idea. Except you'll have a Amazon GC versus a straight credit to your CC

This is what I see :

Items (6): $1,337.98
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$11.99
Promotion Applied: -$29.00
Total before tax: $1,296.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $43.74
Order Total: $1,340.73

Qualifying offers:
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied

Is this deal dead ? I don't see -150 for the lenses ?

Looks like the $499 price is gone so I am guessing price matching is over. I will keep an eye on it though being it sounds like it has changed a few times in the last day.

The trick of adding the item from the side bar still worked for me. But lenses are not being sold by Amazon llc, so -150 discount doesn't appear. Any tricks ?

dealfremonter said:   The trick of adding the item from the side bar still worked for me. But lenses are not being sold by Amazon llc, so -150 discount doesn't appear. Any tricks ?

There are no tricks, since this deals change so many times you just have to keep watching here on FW forms or on Amazon. You need to keep adding same product and to see if you can get discount at the end...Hope who missed this deal would be able to clinch one!

Just managed to get $100 refunded on my 3 extra lenses $606 deal. Awesome! Had to try two chat assistants as the first one refused so keep trying if you're turned down.

Thanks to everyone in the thread who helped.

What an awesome deal! I've been coveting the T3i for a long time. Thanks, OP!

I just got the price adjustment too. Via chat, she told me no she can't do it then she emails me and says she did it lol. Total came out to $577.79

75-300 lens is back in stock btw

If you have a t3i that hasn't shipped yet the. Their system should be auto adjusting their price. I just checked my order summary and the body had adjusted itself downwards automatically to $499.

is the deal dead ? i didn't see any discounts at all in my cart anyone else had same problem ? My order total is : $1137.99

looks like the deal is dead. got this from the chat "Thank you for waiting. I'm sure it's disappointing to see a lower price on the items you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. I'm sorry, but we can't honor you the discount price."

I just tried to do the price match from the purchase I made yesterday via chat. They said that the price was listed incorrectly earlier today, the price has been updated, and no price adjustment is possible. Any suggestions. Great updates and info from the group. Thanks.

its showing $599 seems its back to normal also notice its not getting off the discounts on lens and other

I just did the deal. I got everything for $692 without any chatting or anything. You just need to make sure that everything you add is sold and shipped by Amazon. I tried to get them to match the lens on B&H (non-US version they do not give the $150 on) but I was denied. $692 is still a very good deal, I think.

for me everything comes up to $776.99 before tax. not sure why you have $692. I added everything that is sold and shipped by Amazon.

Im not sure how valuable adding the extra lens is for $50 + tax. Its not IS and you are swapping lenses for an extra 50mm that is not stabilized. I suppose you could get $ 100 for it, but you are going to pay almost $ 60 up front. Looks like B&H is the way to go if you want this deal.

I was considering it and also the Lumix Fz200 bridge camera. Now the APS size sensor is much larger in the Rebel, but that sensor needs more glass. So the optics are harder to build and the lens is slower, buy between 1 and 2 f-stops. So essentially the FZ200 runs at 1/2 to 1/4 the ISO at the same shutter speed, it will have better depth of field however. I am not sure how this will equate to noise but the net effect of getting more light on the smaller sensor may diminish some of the noise advantage of the APS.

In the end I am thinking that the t3i is set up properly will produce superior images, it may well be that for me the lighter weight, and lack of need to carry two lenses (the 18-55 and the 55-250) may put me and the camera pointed in the right direction with a good focal length more often than we would be if using the T3i system.

goodbadmas said:   for me everything comes up to $776.99 before tax. not sure why you have $692. I added everything that is sold and shipped by Amazon.
I have had everything in my cart since the beginning, prices kept moving, kit $599 -> $579 -> $499 -> $599, and the increases in the lens, but that $777 is where mine is now too. My B&H cart is at $642 for camera, and the 55 - 250 lens, but the longer lens is out of stock, so lists $157, instead of $7. If it comes back in stock with these prices, I will jump, since here is no tax. Not as good as the original, but better than Amazon.

I was at Fry's yesterday, and picked up a T3 kit for $299, just as a backup plan, the T3i kit was &699. Went back today, and the T3 kit went back to $549,and the T3i kit dropped to $499, which may have been why Amazon drop to that price today? The offered $120 off the the 55 - 250 lens, $269 - $120 = $139, with either kit, but did not have the longer lens. Right now all I have is the T3 kit, no extra lens, and will leave it unopened, until everything clears up.

goodbadmas: I think the reason mine came up a little cheaper, is because Amazon for a little bit reduced the price on the 55-250 lens to $213. I kept refreshing my cart, etc, until I saw the reduction and then I jumped on it. You can get the deal without the 75-300 lens on B&H without any hassles, btw.

mbrenner: I'm actually considering selling all the lenses and get a single 13-250 lens so I don't have to swap lenses while outside, and another 50 lens with low fstop for indoor shots in poor light. A friend of mine with more experience in picking equipment recommended this approach to me.

cheapmike said:   goodbadmas: I think the reason mine came up a little cheaper, is because Amazon for a little bit reduced the price on the 55-250 lens to $213. I kept refreshing my cart, etc, until I saw the reduction and then I jumped on it. You can get the deal without the 75-300 lens on B&H without any hassles, btw.

mbrenner: I'm actually considering selling all the lenses and get a single 13-250 lens so I don't have to swap lenses while outside, and another 50 lens with low fstop for indoor shots in poor light. A friend of mine with more experience in picking equipment recommended this approach to me.

If you can can you provide a link for both lens? People here may want to compare with what they purchase and you recommondations of yours.

Price back at 579...I got it y'day for 599...missed the 499 drop earlier today (rats!)..managed to get 20 back, going to watch this till my order gets shipped..

thanks a lot for the great deal.

I tried adding the following

Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP $579
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III $199
Backpack $20
Memory Card $15

Order Summary
Items (4): $818.99
Shipping & Handling: $17.06
75-300 PROMO: -$150.00
Promotion Applied: -$11.99
Promotion Applied: -$29.00
Super Saver Discount: -$17.06
Total before tax: $628.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $52.59
Order Total: $680.59

Qualifying offers:
75-300 PROMO
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Super Saver Discount

Most of the folks got even better deal with more lenses..

Any tricks?

aananavati said:   cheapmike said:   goodbadmas: I think the reason mine came up a little cheaper, is because Amazon for a little bit reduced the price on the 55-250 lens to $213. I kept refreshing my cart, etc, until I saw the reduction and then I jumped on it. You can get the deal without the 75-300 lens on B&H without any hassles, btw.

If you can can you provide a link for both lens? People here may want to compare with what they purchase and you recommondations of yours.

Your friend needs to recommend a lens that actually exists. There is no 13-250mm lens, nor 15-250mm.....there is a 28-300mm, but that is around $2500.

The lens does exist, but I have trouble typing numbers correctly

He recommended something like this for every day use: http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-AF-18-200mm-Aspherical-Canon/dp/B00... (he uses a similar Tamron on his Nikon and takes great pictures) plus this for low-light indoor shots: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU

The thing to keep in mind here is that my goal is not necessarily to capture optimal photos in all occasions, just pretty good ones on most occasions with minimal hustle. I hope that his recommendation is a good one. I certainly welcome feedback from more knowledgeable members.

Is there any reselling value to the 70-300mm non ISM lens, especially over the 55-250? They don't sell on eBay for very much.

mbrenner said:   I was considering it and also the Lumix Fz200 bridge camera. Now the APS size sensor is much larger in the Rebel, but that sensor needs more glass. So the optics are harder to build and the lens is slower, buy between 1 and 2 f-stops. So essentially the FZ200 runs at 1/2 to 1/4 the ISO at the same shutter speed, it will have better depth of field however. I am not sure how this will equate to noise but the net effect of getting more light on the smaller sensor may diminish some of the noise advantage of the APS.

In the end I am thinking that the t3i is set up properly will produce superior images, it may well be that for me the lighter weight, and lack of need to carry two lenses (the 18-55 and the 55-250) may put me and the camera pointed in the right direction with a good focal length more often than we would be if using the T3i system.

There's no getting around the weight of an SLR kit, but you are right that it will produce superior images. I guess you were only comparing the Lumix lens to the Canon 18-55 and 55-250 lenses, in which case the Lumix might be faster, but it will basically be a wash because the Lumix is noisier. But the best camera is the one you have with you, so if you're more likely to carry the Lumix, it sounds like you made the right decision.

hammer45 said:   Your friend needs to recommend a lens that actually exists.

Perfect response, I'm still laughing.

timkeenan said:   Is there any reselling value to the 70-300mm non ISM lens, especially over the 55-250? They don't sell on eBay for very much.

$100 is $100

Except they go for $60-$80...

timkeenan said:   Except they go for $60-$80...

that's 53-73 more than what I paid; but I betcha I sell it for a hundy.

timkeenan said:   Except they go for $60-$80...

Just sold one on another site for $109

Would love to know which site, if you're willing to share or PM that info... thanks!

Edit: to rephrase my original post, is it safe to assume most people are more likely to use the 55-250 over the 70-300?

got $20 discount on order placed o 22th nov after tried with 3rd customer chat...if anybody is tried all the best will get the discount....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014