• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Originally 199.99, onsale for 119.99 - $30 rebate - 15% Coupon Code - $30 earned Kohl's Cash = $41.99. Plus tax.

Kohl's Polaroid 8 Inch Tablet

Apply "THANKFUL" or "BLACKFRI" in promo section for 15% off.

Rebate Form

Note that the Kohl's Cash isn't applied to the current order. It is emailed to you within 48 hours for use between a date range.

Product Features:

Capacitive touch screen makes navigating simple.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
Front-facing camera and built-in microphone.
Internal memory holds up to 4GB.
Micro SDHC card slot expands memory.
Mini USB port offers added versatility.
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides hours of use.
Surf the web, browse e-mail, play games and more.
Wirelessly download apps and eBooks.
Store and play music, videos and pictures.
Preloaded with Facebook, Twitter, Kobo and more.
3.5mm headphone jack and built-in speaker.

Product Details:

Details:
Screen: 8 inches
Resolution: 800 x 600
Networking: 802.11 b/g/n
ARM Cortex A9 1GHz processor
512 MB DDR3 RAM
Model no. PTAB8000

Kohl's
See Kohl's promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Polaroid 8" Android 4.0 Tablet
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Has anyone had their rebate appear as being processed?

pietromoon (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 9:51p) |

Rebate arrived

pietromoon (Feb. 11, 2013 @ 7:22p) |

All my Kohls rebates (including this one) arrived today.

blackbullitt (Feb. 11, 2013 @ 9:26p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a good deal even if you don't value Kohl's cash at full value. I got the 7" Polaroid on a similar deal and am quite happy with it.

RobL said:   This is a good deal even if you don't value Kohl's cash at full value. I got the 7" Polaroid on a similar deal and am quite happy with it.

My last Kohl's cash from this morning says it is valid from the 26th. So that means if they have a Cyber Monday deal, I can stock up on some more stuff.

For $42, it is a perfect kid's tablet for some learning games and kids books.

in for one...thx

Can this be hacked to dual boot into say Android Jellybean in future? Is there active modding support for this like for HP Touchpad?

deepakaaa said:   Can this be hacked to dual boot into say Android Jellybean in future? Is there active modding support for this like for HP Touchpad?

Its a polaroid. You should be lucky if you can single boot, let alone dual boot. Having said that, you are asking in the wrong forum.

HyperX said:   Its a polaroid. You should be lucky if you can single boot, let alone dual boot. Having said that, you are asking in the wrong forum.

This is not a high end tablet, but it is 8", has a reasonable processor and memory, 4GB of internal storage and flash card slot, plus USB. Most people seem to rate it well for what it is. You don't want to compare against a Kindle Fire HD or ASUS Transformer.

LOL, also I cannot imagine someone would want to dual boot of android and a newer android, what is the point?
If you can run JB, then stick with it, no need to go back. I am sure it should be possible to load JB either officially or unofficially soon.

HyperX said:   deepakaaa said:   Can this be hacked to dual boot into say Android Jellybean in future? Is there active modding support for this like for HP Touchpad?

Its a polaroid. You should be lucky if you can single boot, let alone dual boot. Having said that, you are asking in the wrong forum.

shopdiscover will get another $10 Cash Back

With ShopDiscover wouldn't this be eligible for another 15% off (5% for online shopping and the extra 10% bonus for Kohl's)? BLACKFRI is one of the discounts that Disc Card allows as well.

I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

jschuman said:   I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

I'm guessing they don't want you to get the rebate then return it. I'm not sure this is all that odd?

jschuman said:   I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

rubbish!

Kohl's "hassle-free" returns policy says nothing about needing UPC symbols (you don't even need a receipt!).

azs1 said:   jschuman said:   I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

Kohl's "hassle-free" returns policy says nothing about needing UPC symbols (you don't even need a receipt!).

store credit?

Good to go?

does it have built-in gps chip?

thanks in advance

can we install any apps from google store? more interested on Netflix if so I can at least watch my TV and give this gadget to my kid.

appreciate if any one had any experience using it and share the same

vickh said:   azs1 said:   jschuman said:   I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

store credit?

Well, if your really want to know...

Return or exchange an item without a receipt

No receipt? No problem. Just bring the item you'd like to return or exchange to the Customer Service Desk of any Kohl's store near you, and we'll take care of the rest.

Without a receipt you'll receive*:
ĽA full refund on your original tender if you paid with a Kohl's Charge or any other major credit card
ĽAn even exchange
ĽA Kohl's Merchandise Credit based on the lowest 13-week sale price
ĽA corporate-issued refund
*Purchases that earn Kohl's Cash coupons or purchases in which Kohl's Cash coupons were tendered will result in an adjusted refund amount and/or decreased coupon value.

With a receipt you'll receive*:
ĽA cash or credit refund based on your method of payment
ĽAn even exchange
ĽA Kohl's Merchandise Credit
*Purchases that earn Kohl's Cash coupons or purchases in which Kohl's Cash coupons were tendered will result in an adjusted refund amount and/or decreased coupon value.

With a gift receipt you'll receive:
ĽAn even exchange

Good luck getting your rebate.
Many of us who purchased Polaroid tablets with rebates never got the the rebates.

azs1 said:   vickh said:   azs1 said:   jschuman said:   I only issue with the rebate is that you need the UPC symbol for it and that will void the lifetime return policy of Kohls.

store credit?

Well, if your really want to know...

Return or exchange an item without a receipt

No receipt? No problem. Just bring the item you'd like to return or exchange to the Customer Service Desk of any Kohl's store near you, and we'll take care of the rest.

Without a receipt you'll receive*:
ĽA full refund on your original tender if you paid with a Kohl's Charge or any other major credit card
ĽAn even exchange
ĽA Kohl's Merchandise Credit based on the lowest 13-week sale price

With a receipt you'll receive*:
ĽA cash or credit refund based on your method of payment
ĽAn even exchange

With a gift receipt you'll receive:
ĽAn even exchange

Nothing has been mentioned about UPC, can we return with out UPC ?. Thanks.

MrHot said:   can we install any apps from google store? more interested on Netflix if so I can at least watch my TV and give this gadget to my kid.

appreciate if any one had any experience using it and share the same

How to load Google play link and instructions.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2012/04/07/how-to-install-goog...

For Netflix, the 1.8.1 version should work. Get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjcg471do3xjmak/netflix-1.8.1.apk

official polaroid firmware page here

some polaroid mod info: here

When the rebate form lists "1 rebate per model" purchased, is that referring to this specific model or just 1 rebate per tablet. As in if I bought two tablets, would I be able to qualify for two rebates?

unhuman said:   Fixed link for Google Play:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2012/04/07/how-to-install-goog...

Google play would not work on last BF polaroid (which I returned due to no rebate )

Well, I got a similar tablet from Kohls last year and I got Google Play, etc to work on it just fine. Nice little tablet for $50........

no longer available

tanguy6969 said:   Well, I got a similar tablet from Kohls last year and I got Google Play, etc to work on it just fine. Nice little tablet for $50........ Has anyone gotten Google Play to work on this version? I tried last night and was unsuccessful.

Not sure about this tablet ... Now, Amazon App store only works the first time it was installed. After a re-boot, it will not function again.

Did anyone else get this tablet yet and try it? Mine is not yet delivered.

had the same problem...reinstalled it a couple times and then it worked...hopefully it lasts

Just received mine. Pixelated image is like looking through a screen door; anyone else have this problem?

ajlives said:   Just received mine. Pixelated image is like looking through a screen door; anyone else have this problem?

You forgot to remove the clear plastic film

Use aptoide to get all the apps you want without a hassle. I loaded Netflix 1.81 on this tab and it runs fine.

RobL said:   Use aptoide to get all the apps you want without a hassle. I loaded Netflix 1.81 on this tab and it runs fine.

Would appreciate more info. for most tablet newbie like me. Can you give a quick walk through??
Do you need to root the PTAB8000 to use aptoide??
If so what method you used?? Thanks.

gti said:   RobL said:   Use aptoide to get all the apps you want without a hassle. I loaded Netflix 1.81 on this tab and it runs fine.

Would appreciate more info. for most tablet newbie like me. Can you give a quick walk through??
Do you need to root the PTAB8000 to use aptoide??
If so what method you used?? Thanks.

Sure just go to aptoide on your tablet and it will offer to download the aptoide app. Once installed you click on aptoide and it gives you a search bar that searches a bunch of different app stores. Search Netflix 1.81 and it will offer to download and install it.

jschuman said:   tanguy6969 said:   Well, I got a similar tablet from Kohls last year and I got Google Play, etc to work on it just fine. Nice little tablet for $50........ Has anyone gotten Google Play to work on this version? I tried last night and was unsuccessful.

Not sure about this tablet ... Now, Amazon App store only works the first time it was installed. After a re-boot, it will not function again.

yes

jschuman said:   Has anyone gotten Google Play to work on this version? I tried last night and was unsuccessful.

I was able to get Google Play Store working via the instructions in this post. (Not for the faint of heart!)

One of the several glitches I have encountered is that the Amazon App Store has to be reinitialized after every reboot. In other words, it runs correctly on initial installation; but after a reboot, it just hangs unless I either:
- Uninstall and reinstall it
- Go into Settings > Apps and clear its Cache and data.

Either way, I then have to log into the Amazon App Store again. Extremely tedious.

I received this in the mail Wednesday. It's been working great and my kids love it. Only problem....today it won't turn on. I've plugged it in, still no luck. Any suggestions?

Skipping 9 Messages...
All my Kohls rebates (including this one) arrived today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014