• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Most cheap 88 key pianos are not much good.
For learning or performing, it's important to have good hammer key action, which is not cheap to make.

That's why I was surprised to see this one on special sale.
Reviews at Musicians Friend are 100% enthusiastic -- and that's at their sale price of $399.
$249 with free shipping seems like a great deal.

Casio CDP-120 at Guitar Center

I ordered online tonight and tried to add a discount code from an online site.
FYI -- it wouldn't accept the additional discount code. Probably because it is on clearance.

Also, Casio website is annoying about providing specs.
After a lot of hunting, I eventually found a pdf manual.

Enjoy !

Guitar Center
See Guitar Center coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Casio Digital Piano 88 keys
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Any reference that suggest the proper dimension for the stand?

Thank you.

yohandebbie (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 9:53a) |

Same here. I have some leftover oak and the itch to build something new. I looked at the available stands and they looke... (more)

StapledPants (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 9:58a) |

When you are sitting your finger should touch the top of the white keys and your hand parallel to the floor. That's how ... (more)

StapledPants (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 10:00a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

After reading your post, I ordered it from Musician's Friend doing a price match to Guitar Center. They are currently offering a 150% price match guarantee. It's a little different, in that they directly match the price of the competitor, but give you a gift card for 50% of the difference which in this case is $75.50. If one were to consider the gift card as cash, it would make the net cost $173.50.

According to the CSR at Musicians Friend, the gift card should be a standard gift card, not some expiring promo type thing and will be shipped separately.

For those interested and wanting a more stationary type stand, there is also a keyboard stand available that is specific for this keyboard. It is for sale for $120, but using your gift card, coupons, and CashBack, etc, I'm guessing you should be able to get it for <$30 out of pocket. Or use the gift certificate to buy some headphones, monitors or anything else your musical heart desires.

Stand:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/casio-cs44-stand-for-...

Thank you. I just bought one from Guitar Center.

Just checked Musician's Friend and they have lowered their price to $249.99. However, for people who live in California like me, they are not charging sales tax whereas GC would be taxed for me.

Fantastic deal. I have been playing piano for close to 30 years, including lots of digitals, and the OP is right: hammer action makes ALL the difference.

I have owned a Casio Privia PX-110 for 4-5 years now, and I never want to own another "real" piano again. I paid $450 for the piano, stand, and pedal board, and that deal has not been surpassed in the 5 years I have been monitoring since. Until now.

Casio came up with new Privia series this year, (link below).
Heard they are very close to Yamaha professional series.
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PX350-BK-Intelligent-Resonation/dp/B...

looks like MusiciansFriend has updated their price to match GuitarCenter. both stores have 4% FatWallet CashBack. GuitarCenter has 10% discover cb.

in 4 1 from Musician Friends to save on the sales tax. Good deal

In for one, good deal

Looks like a good deal. How does it compare to this Yamaha deal? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FRMRC4

baboo said:   Looks like a good deal. How does it compare to this Yamaha deal? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FRMRC4

I paid full price for the CDP 120 and love it.

That Yamaha doesn't come close to this Casio. That Yamaha is a toy. This Casio is an instrument. 76 keys on the Yamaha versus 88 with the Casio. "Soft-touch" keys on the Yamaha = crap. The Casio has properly weighted keys that feel like a true piano. Yamaha and Casio both make great pianos, but for the money, this Casio is an unbelievable deal.

I got three more to give to nieces and nephews. I ordered from Musicians Friend to save on sales tax. Don't forget 4% FW CashBack at Musicians Friend!

Link to Casio CDP120 at Musicians Friend

careful with the MusiciansFriend price match promo. The 50% credit does expire soon (sometime in january)

In for one! Great deal, especially if you only need the keyboard.

thanks in for one

Thank you!

In for one.

Since both MF and GC showed tax (for CA), I went with GC for the 10% Shop Discover bonus Cash Back and it should stack with the seasonal online 5% Discover Cash Back.

But why is this in expired? I still see it working at least in MF.

Ordered from Musicians Friend last night and got an email today saying they ordered more from the vendor but its backordered till those come in.

Ordered one on Thanksgiving from MF but couldn't apply the 15% coupon. Called them on Friday, they took a new order with the 15% coupon and cancelled the first order. Item was backordered anyway but I was told they were expecting a big shipment soon and the total cost came to $211. Now is the time to build my piano stand. Thanks OP for posting this deal.

Hi ,
I just bought the casio CDP 120 from GC yesterday. I am now looking for a sturdy (but not expensive) stand. I saw the onstage standard keyboard stand for 29.95 but am worried that it may not be solid enough for an 88 key piano. I'll be using it only at home. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

I am thinking to build one by myself from the leftover solid hardwood plank which may be more sturdier than the X shape stand or the MD particle board.

Any reference that suggest the proper dimension for the stand?

Thank you.

sychang888 said:   I am thinking to build one by myself from the leftover solid hardwood plank which may be more sturdier than the X shape stand or the MD particle board.

Same here. I have some leftover oak and the itch to build something new. I looked at the available stands and they looked horrible.

yohandebbie said:   Any reference that suggest the proper dimension for the stand?

Thank you.

When you are sitting your finger should touch the top of the white keys and your hand parallel to the floor. That's how I would determine the height. The rest is easy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.