• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/Computer-Software/cat_CG5


note:

only Kaspersky is an easy rebate, other 2 are MIR's and QuikBooks is NOT for the faint of heart.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

McAfee (20.67kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This account makes me tempted to give them a call...sigh

VivYip (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 12:52p) |

Intuit Rebate Center was not very cooperative on the call I made (it goes to Parago). And I spoke to a "manager". He onl... (more)

vrb747 (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 1:27p) |

I posted this on another related thread, im posting this here too so that it can help someone and maybe someone can give... (more)

vrb747 (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 5:10p) |

  • Also categorized in:

Does anyone know if the 20% off software app coupon is still valid ? Thanks.

posters on SD are reporting a limit of 2 on Kaspersky (one per sku shown).

Haven't verified this myself, but a heads up to all.


EDIT TO ADD:

Not true. limit one across the whole rebate, not per SKU.

vrb747 said:   Does anyone know if the 20% off software app coupon is still valid ? Thanks.

Answering my own Q. Reading on SD, seems the 20% off software coupon is working, expires some time in Feb 2013.

vrb747 said:   vrb747 said:   Does anyone know if the 20% off software app coupon is still valid ? Thanks.

Answering my own Q. Reading on SD, seems the 20% off software coupon is working, expires some time in Feb 2013.

Darn, I should of waited to buy in store then, though this saves me a trip..

vrb747 said:   vrb747 said:   Does anyone know if the 20% off software app coupon is still valid ? Thanks.

Answering my own Q. Reading on SD, seems the 20% off software coupon is working, expires some time in Feb 2013.


Link to the coupon?

gw1400 said:   Link to the coupon?

old Staples app coupon that is no longer issued

For those purchasing McAfee, you can pre-submit at www.mcafeerebates.com

I submitted Kaspersky easy rebate online, the same day it was available (11/22/2012)and now I am checking my status and it is saying it is invalid! Any clues or is it just normal?

JuNooNi said:   I submitted Kaspersky easy rebate online, the same day it was available (11/22/2012)and now I am checking my status and it is saying it is invalid! Any clues or is it just normal?

has your item even shipped out yet? rebates for online purchases are contingent on shipment/delivery of the item.

My purchases from Thursday haven't shipped yet.

MISTERCHEAP said:   JuNooNi said:   I submitted Kaspersky easy rebate online, the same day it was available (11/22/2012)and now I am checking my status and it is saying it is invalid! Any clues or is it just normal?

has your item even shipped out yet? rebates for online purchases are contingent on shipment/delivery of the item.

My purchases from Thursday haven't shipped yet.


Delivery is instant with downloadable software. I got the invalid email message Saturday which said:

Unfortunately, the requirements for the promotion(s) were not met, and your rebate submission(s) were invalidated. We're sorry about that.
I called and explained and rebate status is now "validation in progress"

^^ this is what I am going to do now after chatting with CSR.

Just a heads up, the QuickBooks requires activation plus it says you need some number related to payroll services. Payroll services are a monthly subscription cost so I declined it. I sent an email to Staples complaining about requiring an additional purchase to get a product that was advertised as FAR. Haven't heard back yet but if I'm denied because I declined the payroll subscription there will be blood.

Are these new offer codes or same ones as last week?

wiredspider said:   vrb747 said:   vrb747 said:   Does anyone know if the 20% off software app coupon is still valid ? Thanks.

Answering my own Q. Reading on SD, seems the 20% off software coupon is working, expires some time in Feb 2013.

Darn, I should of waited to buy in store then, though this saves me a trip..


I apologize for the late response, missed this thread somehow after my initial response.
The 20% off Q was issued by the Staples App, I dont think they issue them any longer in the app.

propcgamer said:   For those purchasing McAfee, you can pre-submit at www.mcafeerebates.com
I did it in Firefox and the end result is garbled in the middle and can't see the mailing address clearly. Did it 3 times.

Would appreciate if someone would post the mailing address here.

Thanks.

McAfee rebates have become more scary. "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process" came up for the very first McAfee 2013 product I purchased.

VirginiaDC said:   Just a heads up, the QuickBooks requires activation plus it says you need some number related to payroll services. Payroll services are a monthly subscription cost so I declined it. I sent an email to Staples complaining about requiring an additional purchase to get a product that was advertised as FAR. Haven't heard back yet but if I'm denied because I declined the payroll subscription there will be blood.
Any reply from Staples yet? TIA

VirginiaDC said:   Just a heads up, the QuickBooks requires activation plus it says you need some number related to payroll services. Payroll services are a monthly subscription cost so I declined it. I sent an email to Staples complaining about requiring an additional purchase to get a product that was advertised as FAR. Haven't heard back yet but if I'm denied because I declined the payroll subscription there will be blood.

VDC,

if you presubmit the rebate at www.intuitrebates.com, the requirements talk about the 9 digit customer number. I think that is what they are looking for since this is not a "payroll" software. It's easy to activate the software, you don't have to install it on your computer. you just type in the product key info from the card inside the box, then after you do that and you're "registered", you go to "my account" info and get the customer # you are assigned.

Hoping Mathfaster, BillRubin or some others with experience with this rebate can confirm that this is what's really needed for the QuickBooks.

I wrote down the nine digit customer # on ths presubmit form I printed out. and will mail that in with the upc/receipt once I know from others I'm doing it correctly.

Same here. There was nothing about finding a Payroll service Key from QuickBooks in the Staples ad, and even the live chat guy said to call another online services number since he did not know, but the rebate form asks for the form, orig UPC and Payroll Service Key and has a line to enter the key number.

It does seem that if you go via the intuit site mentioned above, you do not need the Payroll Key, guess I will be canceling that tomorrow!

eglacier said:   Same here. There was nothing about finding a Payroll service Key from QuickBooks in the Staples ad, and even the live chat guy said to call another online services number since he did not know, but the rebate form asks for the form, orig UPC and Payroll Service Key and has a line to enter the key number.

It does seem that if you go via the intuit site mentioned above, you do not need the Payroll Key, guess I will be canceling that tomorrow!



I really wouldn't panic here. I have the feeling they messed up the rebate form, using that Payroll requirement from a recent $200 MIR we saw in September for the Payroll Version of Intuit.

As I said, and if you pre-register and USE THAT FORM instead of the Staples form, there is no Payroll requirement listed. Just mention of the customer number which I gave instructions how to easily get and write the 9 digit number on the form so they can't say you didn't provide it.

confused200 said:   propcgamer said:   For those purchasing McAfee, you can pre-submit at www.mcafeerebates.com
I did it in Firefox and the end result is garbled in the middle and can't see the mailing address clearly. Did it 3 times.

Would appreciate if someone would post the mailing address here.

Thanks.
I would suggest redoing it with IE if possible. The form gets mangled in Firefox (and Chrome).

MISTERCHEAP said:   JuNooNi said:   I submitted Kaspersky easy rebate online, the same day it was available (11/22/2012)and now I am checking my status and it is saying it is invalid! Any clues or is it just normal?
has your item even shipped out yet? rebates for online purchases are contingent on shipment/delivery of the item.

My purchases from Thursday haven't shipped yet.
I think there may be a problem with the Kaspersky rebate. I had my copy shipped (and it arrived today) and based on previous experience it should have started processing around 11am this morning. It's still in "Submission received. Validation in progress."

MISTERCHEAP said:   eglacier said:   Same here. There was nothing about finding a Payroll service Key from QuickBooks in the Staples ad, and even the live chat guy said to call another online services number since he did not know, but the rebate form asks for the form, orig UPC and Payroll Service Key and has a line to enter the key number.

It does seem that if you go via the intuit site mentioned above, you do not need the Payroll Key, guess I will be canceling that tomorrow!



I really wouldn't panic here. I have the feeling they messed up the rebate form, using that Payroll requirement from a recent $200 MIR we saw in September for the Payroll Version of Intuit.

As I said, and if you pre-register and USE THAT FORM instead of the Staples form, there is no Payroll requirement listed. Just mention of the customer number which I gave instructions how to easily get and write the 9 digit number on the form so they can't say you didn't provide it.
I would agree that this is the case. I did the QB offer back in September and just put the customer ID on the Staples form. Those that did not presubmit got their rebates quicker but then I risked not having anything to provide proof.

MISTERCHEAP said:   As I said, and if you pre-register and USE THAT FORM instead of the Staples form, there is no Payroll requirement listed. Just mention of the customer number which I gave instructions how to easily get and write the 9 digit number on the form so they can't say you didn't provide it.Correct, put the customer number down somewhere on the form and circle it. That's what I used to do with Peachtree rebates that did not have the info request on the pre-submitted form.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   As I said, and if you pre-register and USE THAT FORM instead of the Staples form, there is no Payroll requirement listed. Just mention of the customer number which I gave instructions how to easily get and write the 9 digit number on the form so they can't say you didn't provide it.That won't work. Their computer will still insist on the information. They used to do that with Peachtree, and if you didn't put it on the form it got rejected. What I suggest once we figure out what is needed is to write it on the form in big letters, and circle it.

What has the rebate for the Simple Start product required in the past? Isn't it FAR at Newegg, what is that form asking for?



Bill,

never mind, see you edited your reply.

There is some discussion to alternative solutions on the other site. Here's my plan...

If you are not satisfied with QuickBooks (for any reason) simply call (888) 7291996 within 60 days with your dated receipt/purchase confirmation for a full refund of the purchase. For QuickBooks Online, if you're not 100% satisfied for any reason, you can cancel your subscription within 60 days from the first charge date. Simply call (800) 2866800 within 60 days to request a refund of your paid subscription fees.

My "for any reason" is that they're a crappy company.



How to return product to Intuit--

http://support.quickbooks.intuit....s/INF12725

If you purchased from a retailer and they will not accept the product return, you can return the product to us within 60 days of purchase. You will need to provide the following:
All physical components, including manual and CD if applicable
A copy of the retail purchase receipt
Your name or the payee's name (for the refund check)
Mailing address to send the refund
Phone number
Email address (optional, in case there are questions)
Important: Intuit recommends returning your product using a traceable method. If shipping via USPS, consider using registered or certified mail, or a return receipt. Intuit is not responsible for lost mail or products damaged during shipment. Shipping fees for the initial order and product return will not be reimbursed. Send all physical product returns to:
Intuit Inc.
Returns Department
112 Hidden Lake Circle
Duncan, SC 29334



First class mail to return is $1.98. Mine arrived today, and is headed out tomorrow. Intuit can suck the lint from my...

labboypro said:   There is some discussion to alternative solutions on the other site. Here's my plan...

If you are not satisfied with QuickBooks (for any reason) simply call (888) 7291996 within 60 days with your dated receipt/purchase confirmation for a full refund of the purchase. For QuickBooks Online, if you're not 100% satisfied for any reason, you can cancel your subscription within 60 days from the first charge date. Simply call (800) 2866800 within 60 days to request a refund of your paid subscription fees.

My "for any reason" is that they're a crappy company.



How to return product to Intuit--

http://support.quickbooks.intuit....s/INF12725

If you purchased from a retailer and they will not accept the product return, you can return the product to us within 60 days of purchase. You will need to provide the following:
All physical components, including manual and CD if applicable
A copy of the retail purchase receipt
Your name or the payee's name (for the refund check)
Mailing address to send the refund
Phone number
Email address (optional, in case there are questions)
Important: Intuit recommends returning your product using a traceable method. If shipping via USPS, consider using registered or certified mail, or a return receipt. Intuit is not responsible for lost mail or products damaged during shipment. Shipping fees for the initial order and product return will not be reimbursed. Send all physical product returns to:
Intuit Inc.
Returns Department
112 Hidden Lake Circle
Duncan, SC 29334



First class mail to return is $1.98. Mine arrived today, and is headed out tomorrow. Intuit can suck the lint from my...



Labboy,

is this the first software you bought from them? are you not willing to "try" the rebate process?

This is my first go round with them on a Staples purchase since they dropped the easy rebate earlier in 2012. I did one or two from Office Depot earlier in the year, and did get paid on both. I believe it was Quick Books as well.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Labboy,

is this the first software you bought from them? are you not willing to "try" the rebate process?

This is my first go round with them on a Staples purchase since they dropped the easy rebate earlier in 2012. I did one or two from Office Depot earlier in the year, and did get paid on both. I believe it was Quick Books as well.


Definitely not. I've done many manyy, going back as far as 2007 (at least that's the oldest data I have in my records), and every single one of them have been (at _best_) very slow and a moderate hassle. In the last 2 years, the hassle has gone through the roof. They are a truly atrocious company (both regarding rebates and product customer service in general). I've commented in a few other posts that my most recent experience with them required my filing a complaint with the California Attorney General Office to assist with resolution. While Intuit finally "complied," they continue, even after acknowledging their compliance to the AG's office, to use wiggle-words to insinuate that I had done something wrong. I hadn't, and the AG's office clearly agreed, based on our correspondence. They are a suck company... and the ONLY reason I did this particular deal was to score on one of those coupons floating around. It was a mistake on my part, but I won't make it again. I hope the company headquarters is crushed by a giant flaming meteor.

Phew... now I feel better.

So does anyone who ordered the Kaspersky boxed version online have their rebate processing yet?

billrubin said:   So does anyone who ordered the Kaspersky boxed version online have their rebate processing yet?
Yes.

I finally got a rebate processing note for my Kaspersky order.

billrubin said:   I finally got a rebate processing note for my Kaspersky order.

Yes, this morning.

labboypro said:   billrubin said:   I finally got a rebate processing note for my Kaspersky order.

Yes, this morning.



ditto, I can't say I was really concerned. At least the Kaspersky was an easy rebate...YAY!

MISTERCHEAP said:   ditto, I can't say I was really concerned. At least the Kaspersky was an easy rebate...YAY!I wasn't overly concerned about getting paid, but my experience getting an Easy Rebate validated when it does not submit properly is that they make you wait a couple of weeks for it to time out and get marked invalid, then you need to contact them and convince them that it's their fault. Much easier if it works correctly on its own .

Any one noticed "Limit one rebate per person, household, company or address per year"? I bought QuickBooks online 2012 several months ago. Now I have to find a new address for this rebate. Any suggestions?

umcp999 said:   Any one noticed "Limit one rebate per person, household, company or address per year"? I bought QuickBooks online 2012 several months ago. Now I have to find a new address for this rebate. Any suggestions?

Use your middle name for first and add Unit #B to your address (??)

I just returned mine directly to Intuit today by invoking their 60 day satisfaction guarantee.

How much will they refund to me if I return it to intuit? Will they deduct any coupon/promotion/reward check amount? How about tax? Any one knows? Thanks



labboypro said:   umcp999 said:   Any one noticed "Limit one rebate per person, household, company or address per year"? I bought QuickBooks online 2012 several months ago. Now I have to find a new address for this rebate. Any suggestions?

Use your middle name for first and add Unit #B to your address (??)

I just returned mine directly to Intuit today by invoking their 60 day satisfaction guarantee.

umcp999 said:   How much will they refund to me if I return it to intuit? Will they deduct any coupon/promotion/reward check amount? How about tax? Any one knows? Thanks

I'm going to find out. My guess is they aren't going to refund tax, at the very least.

Skipping 10 Messages...
I posted this on another related thread, im posting this here too so that it can help someone and maybe someone can give me some advice (the other thread is pretty old, from June 2012 and I figured this thread may get some more folks looking):

MISTERCHEAP said:   vrb747 said:   Intuit's rebates are being processed by parago. This effing company sucks. I submitted for a $90 rebate for QuickBooks on Nov 29th 2012. First they lost the receipt. Now the faxed copy of the receipt is illegible. Just submitted a PDF copy to their escalations email address.
Filed a BBB complaint against Intuit.
Want to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

Any tips/advice will be appreciated.


how did you find out they lost the receipt? most of us have yet to even get an update on the Bfriday Intuit rebate for $90 at Staples.


I checked my status which basically said "Nothing received". Lost patience, since its been two months now.

I used the "Email us" link. Got a response within 24 hours asking me to fax in the receipt since they received everything except the receipt. Then wait 72 hours after the fax.

Faxed everything. waited 96 hours, no response.

So I emailed again (responded to the earlier email).

They now said "receipt is illegible". F U Intuit rebate center or parago, whoever the eff you are. And DOUBLE F U to intuit.

I filed a BBB complaint against intuit and then called Intuit Rebate Center/Parago (the number was mentioned earlier in this thread). The asswipe who answered refused to help. Claimed he was manager. I gave him an earful and he finally gave me the escalations email, so that i could email him a "legible" copy of the receipt in PDF format. Told me to give him 48 hours for a response. That was today.

I am now looking into filing a complaint with the attorney general of Florida, against both Intuit and Intuit Rebate Center/Parago.
Im wondering if this is foolish and how best to proceed, thats why i posted asking for advice.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014