NOOK Color B&N - Refurbished - $59 Ebay

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Manufactured Refurbished sold by B&N on eBay.

Nook Link

Member Summary

NOOK Color (20.16kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

I paid $75 for one on the Groupon deal. It is very nice. Not Nexus 7 nice but nice. Pandora plays on it continuously with NO ADS in the Nook environment. I was able to make a bootable SD card to run on Android 4.2 and it seems to work fine (did it tonight so only played with it for an hour). I followed these instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32921666#post32921666

If the SD card is removed it runs in the Nook environment unchanged.

It has no GPS, no working bluetooth, no camera but it works great as a web browser, email client, Pandora player, Youtube watcher.

So I don't understand. Are they just getting out of the market completely because it's costing them so much money? Or are they dumping the early iterations? I'm confused. These CFO's (their name for fully examined refurbs) are popping up everywhere. Now the $250 Tablet is going fro $120. The Color itself has dropped $50 and it seems like every single deal site imaginable has refurbed Colors. These things are dogs. (I have 3 so I say that tongue in cheek)....They are not bad with Android on them however. It's B & N that decide to cripple them.

foolsmate2000 said:   So I don't understand. Are they just getting out of the market completely because it's costing them so much money? Or are they dumping the early iterations? I'm confused. These CFO's (their name for fully examined refurbs) are popping up everywhere. Now the $250 Tablet is going fro $120. The Color itself has dropped $50 and it seems like every single deal site imaginable has refurbed Colors. These things are dogs. (I have 3 so I say that tongue in cheek)....They are not bad with Android on them however. It's B & N that decide to cripple them.

They are getting rid of refurbished older models. Not sure what you would like B&N to do with them otherwise.

Thanks OP, been wanting to get one of these for web browsing on a screen bigger than my phone and not as bulky as my netbook

Did you get a Nook Color or a Nook Tablet?

alexkram said:   I paid $75 for one on the Groupon deal. It is very nice. Not Nexus 7 nice but nice. Pandora plays on it continuously with NO ADS in the Nook environment. I was able to make a bootable SD card to run on Android 4.2 and it seems to work fine (did it tonight so only played with it for an hour). I followed these instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32921666#post32921666

If the SD card is removed it runs in the Nook environment unchanged.

It has no GPS, no working bluetooth, no camera but it works great as a web browser, email client, Pandora player, Youtube watcher.

Wow, I can't believe how cheap these are now.

All gone!

OOS?

did anyone who ordered one actually get it shipped yet?

I ordered mine and no tracking number on eBay yet?? What the heck is going on? I dont want my money back but I do want the Nook.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014