• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

LED Light Bulb
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Seems this deal was back up very early this morning (I got a instock email from Newegg), but even then it was oos again ... (more)

stereo55 (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 1:42p) |

After a couple of EMails to Newegg customer service, I got my $9.99 refunded PLUS was told to just keep the bulb. You g... (more)

harlock001 (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 2:53p) |

That's not the reply I got. Complaint filed:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Proflig8tor (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 1:35p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Limit 5 for a total of 10 from the looks of it.

In for limit of 5. Wife loves them compared to compact floresent bulbs. $5 a bulb, value!

Time to upgrade the 'light bar' in the bathroom. Bathroom on/off frequency is hell on CFL. This should turn a 6 bulb light bar into approximately the same light output as a single 250W incandescent bulb for 36w of power draw. I seriously doubt they will last the ~7 years@ 8hrs/day advertised, but we'll see.

In for 5!

great price at $5 a pop - in for max

I'll give these a bite. In for 5 pair.

Has anyone used these? Just wondering what the color temp is and are they dimmable?

At that price I am in for 2 orders. I will use them somewhere.

I don't know about these, I got in on a deal with for the Phillips 60watt comparable 12.5watt LED bulb and I must say it is wonderful, the light is soft and clean, no CFL flicker and i swear it is brighter than a 60watt incandescent bulb.

Not sure about these 40watt bulbs though, since Shoprunner returns are free I think Im in for 2 to test them out.

not sure how to do this but found this
not dimmable

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16803102289

At that price, in for 5 pairs.

We run quite a few LED bulbs now, like them a lot more than CFLs.

Thanks OP!

I'm slightly leery, but you folks reminded me about Shoprunner returns, worth a try. My local costco has some cheap nondimmable led A19 bulbs too - 3 for $35. I've gotten a bunch, but have a few fixtures where they really don't work well - either buzzing, always on, or never on. Hopefully these will work in some of those cases.

I also agree that the LED lights I've tried all look much brighter than their lumens or incandescent comparable watt ratings suggest.

Thanks OP!!!

I am in also, a word of caution, do not use them in a fully enclosed fixture the heat generated is supposed to lower their lifespan, also if it is a nondimmable LED do not put them in a dimmable fixture, they make an annoying hum. I have converted about 85% of my house to LED's, I really love how you can use them outside and they are instant on, unlike the CFL's I had that took forever to get bright in the cold.

Picked up 1 - 2 pack. I've been looking for a LED bulb to try one outside at my back door that I leave on all night. Don't care if it makes noise out there and it doesn't need to dim. CFL in the winter takes too long to heat up.

schmedy said:   I am in also, a word of caution, do not use them in a fully enclosed fixture the heat generated is supposed to lower their lifespan, also if it is a nondimmable LED do not put them in a dimmable fixture, they make an annoying hum. I have converted about 85% of my house to LED's, I really love how you can use them outside and they are instant on, unlike the CFL's I had that took forever to get bright in the cold.

You know these are LED right? The heat they generate (if at all) is quite negligible unless you keep them on forever.

MuthaFaker said:   schmedy said:   I am in also, a word of caution, do not use them in a fully enclosed fixture the heat generated is supposed to lower their lifespan, also if it is a nondimmable LED do not put them in a dimmable fixture, they make an annoying hum. I have converted about 85% of my house to LED's, I really love how you can use them outside and they are instant on, unlike the CFL's I had that took forever to get bright in the cold.

You know these are LED right? The heat they generate (if at all) is quite negligible unless you keep them on forever.

I'm assuming you've never used LED lights, they do get quite hot.

Ideally, LED is 85%. But, not right now. The 40W light generated is about 300LM far below 40W CFL sold in Home Depot which outputs 550LM light though is only 75% efficiency. For LED it is 300LM/6W=50LM/W.For CFL it is 550LM/9W=61LM/W. CFL now has higher efficiency. This is what LED manufacture does not tell you. Why, the electronics in LED is not as efficient as expected.

cz36dw said:   The 40W light generated is about 300LM far below 40W CFL sold in Home Depot which outputs 550LM light though is only 75% efficiency. For LED it is 300LM/6W=50LM/W.For CFL it is 550LM/9W=61LM/W. CFL now has higher efficiency.

That's not what I see if I compare bulbs @ Home Depot. The lumens/watt seem comparable, if not at a slight advantage to LED.

Not dead

still running got one!

Not dead..

In for 3, probably good for low light usage. Thanks OP

Not only is it not dead, they've raised the purchase limit to 15.

Got mine today. Doing a good job lighting up the back door right now. Brighter than I thought and it is "warm", so I believe it should be less attractive to bugs come the warmer months.

I read that the LEDs don't put out any (significant?) UV light, so the bugs weren't attracted to them. No idea if that's true. Anyone have any experience with that?

Deal is back on. Just bought 2 sets of 2 bulbs:

4 x ($9.99) Collection LED CL-G60E-6W (W) 40 Watt Equivalent LED Light Bulb
$39.96

2 x ($-9.99) DISCOUNT FOR COMBO #1131867
$-19.98

Subtotal: $19.98
Tax: $1.75
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Total Amount: $21.73

Package arrived today... only had 5 bulbs in it. Should have been 10. On with chat now to resolve.

update: CS refused to correct the issue, but instead offered me a "$10 courtesy credit." I declined, and am now taking this to cc for dispute. The web page CLEARLY indicates that qty 1 = 2 units. When I ordered qty 5, I should have received 10 units. I only got 5, but that doesn't mean anything to them. I guess Newegg doesn't want me to be a customer any more, so I'll accommodate them.

update: CC chargeback issued. BBB complaint filed.

labboypro said:   Package arrived today... only had 5 bulbs in it. Should have been 10. ... CS refused to correct the issue, but instead offered me a "$10 courtesy credit." I declined, and am now taking this to cc for dispute. The web page CLEARLY indicates that qty 1 = 2 units.

I received my first order today, got all ten of ten. Are you sure you clicked the box down below for the combo, rather than just ordering five single units? Does your receipt say:

10 x ($9.99) Collection LED CL-G60E-6W (W) 40 Watt Equivalent LED Light Bulb    $99.90
5 x ($-9.99) DISCOUNT FOR COMBO #1131867                                       $-49.95

Subtotal:                                         $49.95

Regardless, even if it was an order error, I'm surprised they didn't try to help further.

deleted

Well my order showed up today .... dang , I should have bought more (oos) !

labboypro said:   Package arrived today... only had 5 bulbs in it. Should have been 10.

Same deal here. Was expecting 2 bulbs. Only one in package.

What does your order confirmation say?

Same deal here. Was expecting 8 bulbs...I got four...

dscline said:   What does your order confirmation say?

03-102-289 LED BULB COLLECTION CL-G60E-6W (W) 1 $9.99 $9.99

I thought it was supposed to be a 2-pack. No big deal. If I don't get credit I'll just return it with Shoprunner.

harlock001 said:   dscline said:   What does your order confirmation say?

I thought it was supposed to be a 2-pack. No big deal. If I don't get credit I'll just return it with Shoprunner.

No, it was a special combo price. If you didn't specifically check the combo box down below, and add the combo to your cart, as opposed to adding just the standard single bulb to your cart, you weren't ordering the 2 for 1 combo.

dscline said:   harlock001 said:   dscline said:   What does your order confirmation say?

No, it was a special combo price. If you didn't specifically check the combo box down below, and add the combo to your cart, as opposed to adding just the standard single bulb to your cart, you weren't ordering the 2 for 1 combo.

Wow, how messed up. I only got 1/2 of my bulbs that I assume I was getting. Guess although the advertisted it, cause I didn't hit the special little button, I'm screwed... boy, that's messed up man... messsed up.

For those who didn't get "buy one and get one free". The promotion on the website was "dead" for a while and was up again. Did they change something there at the time? I did not see any "check the combo box down below" when I bought them. Any screen shots?

rx62 said:   For those who didn't get "buy one and get one free". The promotion on the website was "dead" for a while and was up again. Did they change something there at the time? I did not see any "check the combo box down below" when I bought them. Any screen shots?
I don't know exactly what happened when, but I can tell you that I ordered 5 pairs on the 22nd when the deal first came on, then I ordered 2 more pairs on the 24th. On the 24th, the max purchase had been raised to 15, but both times the check box was present, and I received the proper BOGO amount for each shipment.

FWIW, I'm satisfied with these bulbs. I have 12 of them installed in my garage in can fixtures, I like the color (WW, but not as yellow as WW CFL I had), and at least as much light, if not more, than the "40w equivelent) CFLs. The downside is there is about a 1 second delay from the time that you apply power to the time they actually turn on, but at least they are 100% when they turn on as opposed to the slow warm-up of CFL. Strangely, the boxes don't say anything about whether or not they are dimmer compatible. Doesn't matter for my use, but you would think the box would say one way or another. These don't have finned heatsinks like most LEDs. Probably fine for exposed use since they are only 6w, though I do wonder how well they'll hold up once I insulate around the can lights. Currently the can housings stay cool to touch, though the bulb bases do get warm.

So far, these seem like a good buy.

I too only received 5 bulbs. At the time I ordered I was suspicious because the final order page said 5 units so I went back to the original page where I saw "qt 1 = 2 units". I even looked for any special promot instructions and found nothing so I went ahead.

I never saw any "check the combo box" even though I scanned the entire offer page and the confirmation page for any details regarding the combo offer.

There was obviously something messed up with their web pages and they are going to regret not making good on the offer.

Skipping 4 Messages...
That's not the reply I got. Complaint filed:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014