Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Insignia 39" 1080p 60 Hz LED LCD HDTV - BestBuy.com BF - $249.99 FS

First page
1 of 2
Hoogineer
11/22/12 6:55 AM
Link

Just picked up the Insignia 39" 1080p LED 60 Hz for $249.99 + tax - $20 for AMEX sync with FS. I started to order the Sceptre 40" for $279 from NE, but I think this is a better deal. It's not the Toshiba 40" for $179, but I don't have to stand in line before midnight, either.
WikiPost
11/22/12 6:55 AM
Don't pay attention to the picture in the QS - according to BB site, only ONE YEAR WARRANTY

After reading the specs, and cross-referencing with the picture, it seems that the specs on BestBuy's site are somewhat misleading. This TV DOES NOT have separate component and composite jacks. It has ONE set of component, that doubles as a composite video-in. It also DOES NOT have a separate DVI port, even though the specs mention two HDMI and a DVI. The TV uses one of the HDMI as the DVI.

Ports:
- 2 HDMI (1 normal, 1 for DVI-to-HDMI conversion -- uses headphone jack for PC audio output)
- 1 Headphone jack (for audio input/output -- can't remember which)
- 1 Optical audio out
- 1 VGA (D-sub)
- 1 set of Component/Composite (shared)

This is a cost-reduced TV, probably specifically-made for BF.

Box includes:
- Remote with 2 AA batteries
- Power cord
- Manual
- Styrofoam
- NO HDMI, component, composite or other cables
Insignia 39" LED HDTV [ image/jpeg - 32.99kB ]
seewai
11/22/12 12:45 PM
pretty good deal without lining up overnight
DelChuckles
11/22/12 9:21 PM
Bought one at 3 am this morning.
polishdreamer
11/22/12 9:28 PM
Two 5 Watt speakers create a lush landscape, lol.
Slickone
11/22/12 9:40 PM
Do different mfg's make different Insignia models?
svenkirk
11/22/12 11:47 PM
Ordered mine @ 4am.
I got up and just looked at what was available. It's not a great deal. But it beats waiting in a line in the cold or with crazies.
And I got my shipping confirmation @ 9pm.
Horseymen
11/23/12 12:01 AM
Sold out, of course..
lauranyc77
11/25/12 12:08 PM
What is the AMEX Sync?
Hoogineer
11/27/12 1:46 PM
svenkirk said:   

Ordered mine @ 4am.
I got up and just looked at what was available. It's not a great deal. But it beats waiting in a line in the cold or with crazies.
And I got my shipping confirmation @ 9pm.

I think you pay a price premium for LED backlighting and (less so) 1080p. The one that I was considering over this was the TCL 42" 1080p LCD (not LED-backlit) on Amazon for $179, but I had trepidation over not being able to return it to a B&M if there are issues, and I've read that Insignia-branded panels aren't bad.

It's supposed to arrive later today, so I'll post how it looks/sounds.
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.