Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Patriot 32GB Class 10 SDHC card
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A word of advice I will stay away from this Junky brand SDHC called Patriot, bought the 16GB back in April for $10 after rebate, use it for my summer pics, and guess what the card became corrupted couldnt be read a total loss of over 400 pictures,

go ahead and buy it but remember this post when you lose your pics

I've managed to retrieve some data after corruption with Zero Assumption Recovery (free version supports image files): http://www.z-a-recovery.com/download.htm

Good luck!

all cards fail.. backing them up is key

I have the 16GB version and the 32GB version for my camera and HD vid camera for about 2 years now, *knock on wood*, both are still working fine. I know that most card will eventually fail and download and save the contents of the cards every so often. I've had no issues with the patriot brand so far, but the key is so far

welookgoodcom said:   all cards fail.. backing them up is keyHow do you back them up when it is inside the camera? How often do you recommend backing up?

Edit: Sorry for the sarcastic comment

I do back up my cards from cameras and camcorders. But I also use cards with good reputation. Reason? Memory card can fail while you are on a trip, after you have taken hundreds of pictures, or after your kids birthday is over. You CANNOT back them up while it is still inside the camera (unless you are using eye-fi). So irrespective of if you backup them up or not you need a good quality memory card. When memory cards fail, you could loose all photos at once just the way SSDs fail. SSDs and memory cards can fail instantaneously - why they can't build better electronics around the memory cards and SSDs is beyond me. I have motherboards from 1990's running Celeron 366 or P3 Pre-1GHz and they still work just fine, but two out of the first 4 SSDs failed on me and when SSDs failed all my files just disappeared because my machine won;t even detect the SSD.

Enough of rant...

hasu said:   welookgoodcom said:   all cards fail.. backing them up is keyHow do you back them up when it is inside the camera? How often do you recommend backing up?
You mean all the pictures you've ever taken with your camera are still in your camera? You've never downloaded them to you computer? Tell us you're kidding.

have an 8GB and 32GB of this Patriot card and haven't had any problems with either.

thanks op, in 4 1, had good experience with patriot rebates and products

I bought one and it failed 10 minutes afterward. Newegg kindly replaced it for free but I didn't test it right away. When I did, card would not read or write. It was to late to return. I also would not by a patriot card again.

bump, got mine!

sold out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014