• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

SanDisk Ultra 32GB class 10
Disclaimer
Same Black Friday price as Amazon and Best Buy, but no tax for most people plus FW Cash Back.
http://www.adorama.com/IDSDUIC1032.html

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one! Thanks!

Was about to pull the trigger but the specs on Adorama say 10 MB/s write speed (30 MB/s read). Kind of a bummer for a UHS-I card. Can anyone confirm those speeds?

peas said:   Was about to pull the trigger but the specs on Adorama say 10 MB/s write speed (30 MB/s read). Kind of a bummer for a UHS-I card. Can anyone confirm those speeds?

I thought that was what class 10 meant. Minimum of 10mb/s write speed.

jim045 said:   peas said:   Was about to pull the trigger but the specs on Adorama say 10 MB/s write speed (30 MB/s read). Kind of a bummer for a UHS-I card. Can anyone confirm those speeds?

I thought that was what class 10 meant. Minimum of 10mb/s write speed.
Well it's a Class 10 and also UHS-1, the latter implying higher performance. SD classes are pretty fluid anyway (many SanDisk class 10 cards write at ~20MB/s). SanDisk must be feeling pressure to conform to other mfgs who stretch their performance ratings to near exaggeration.

Thanks op! In for 1

Thanks OP
Free shipping and no rebate hassles.

It will go good with the camera I just bought.

i ordered the microsd from them yesterday..... its on backorder after i checked today. mehhh

I bought one from Amazon a couple of days ago, with standard shipping (even though I have Prime... Amazon lures you to choose slower shipping by giving you some freebie, They gave me $1 VOD credit).
Well, today I went shopping to Costco and found the micrSD version for $15.99 (SDSDQU-032G-AC11A).
I ended cancelling my yet unshipped order from Amazon and got instant gratification at Costco.

Someone earlier asking about transfer and read/write speeds.
I was looking for a microSD card to use with the deal from Gander Mtn on the GoPro Hero3.
I read in a GPH3 forum on DPReview, that the speed is plenty with 30MB/sec for the performance of the camera.
Please note the subtleties between "Mb" and "MB"
Comments from the forum:

=====
By Francis Carver (3 weeks ago)
You maybe talking about 95MB/sec capability with the SanDisk MicroSD cards, which would come to about 760Mb/second. And that should plenty good cover the 45Mb/sec recording codec's data flow requirements, since 760Mb/sec is way north of what you would really need w. the Hero3 Black Edition using the highest resolution and quality: 45Mb/second.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/

And even the SanDisk Ultra edition cards provide 30Mb/sec = 240Mbit/sec, once again plenty fast when your recording bitrate in the camera is only 45Mbit/sec.
=====

My take on those comments is that if read speed for the Ultra cards is 30MB/s (240Mbit/s), then the 10MB/s (80Mbit/s) writing spec is still satisfying the requirement of the GPH3 (45 Mbit/s). Check your camera Mbit/s recording requirements.
You can always go with the Sandisk Extreme version for a whole lot more mulla, if you want to be on the safe side.

By the way, the product packaging has the following notes:
Up to 30 MB/s read speed, write speed slower. Based on Sandisk internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device.
Full HD video (1920x1080) and 3D video support may vary. See http://www.sandisk.com/HD

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.