• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H3SW4I/

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Pack (Win 8 to Win 8 Pro Upgrade)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093H8W4W/

I didn't even notice the $25 promo credit. Thanks brownnote on SD!

Make sure promo offer message is shown on page when you order.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

microsoft 8 (10.74kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It takes about 30 days. For the last Windows 8 promotion I ordered October 20th and received my credit on November 19th.... (more)

killme2 (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 2:54p) |

When I did mine, It would not activate so I put the disk in, booted to the disk, and did an "upgrade" on my fresh instal... (more)

thanatoslrsd (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 2:59p) |

Got mine today.

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order [] entitles you to a promotional credit which ... (more)

pkp413 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 1:24p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

W8 sucks for PC.
Is only good for tablets and phones.

MS just want your money, spend it on something else.

Edit
I just expressing my opinions and back by facts from several reviews.
I did not down vote it.

Can a guy express his opinion

Don't buy it than. Some people might be interested in tw deal.

Good deal OP.

Yeah so whats the deal with Windows 8 ? I have heard from quite a few people that it's no good ..

I have no use for and don't really like the Metro interface to Win8, but the desktop part of the OS is smooth as silk. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Win8.

Nice deal anyway, the $25 promo credit is a welcome bonus.

anyone know if the upgrade can be clean installed?

meaning then i wouldnt bother needing to buy the full version for a new build?

BestBuy has it for the same price $54.99.. but no other promotion: LINK

Titleist735 said:   anyone know if the upgrade can be clean installed?

I used the downloaded version to do a clean install over my Vista 64 Ultimate. In fact, I don't recall that I had an upgrade option.

Wayne

Microsoft got the price point right this time, but they botched the interface. M$ track record has been 1 good OS out of every 3. So I would hold out for win 9 or 10 unless you have a touch screen device which can make better use of the newer interface. I would be rocking xp still if it had better driver support even though it is so old.

Flector said:   Office Depot has the full version of Win8 Pro (not an upgrade) for $70 tomorrow.

No, they're exactly the same item 3UR-00001.

normal1 said:   Yeah so whats the deal with Windows 8 ? I have heard from quite a few people that it's no good ..

Improved game performance! http://www.hardcoreware.net/windows-7-vs-windows-8-performance/

Best price I saw until now, in for 1.

phatkrazy said:   W8 sucks for PC.

Edit
I did not down vote it.

Yes, you may.
But, so do others. In this case, by giving you red.

This is a good deal for those that don't qualify for the $14.99 Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer direct from Microsoft and want to try out Windows 8.

By the way, the "upgrade" terminology here means you can fresh install to "upgrade" any previous supported copy of Windows. So yes, fresh installing on top of Windows 7 is considered an upgrade.

Supposedly you can do this, but a quick Google search shows many people have varying degrees of difficulty, depending on they type of original O/S. Was it 32 or 64bit, was it OEM or out of the box. Google around first and read what trouble others are running across

phatkrazy said:   W8 sucks for PC.

Edit
I did not down vote it.

Text

Flector said:   I have no use for and don't really like the Metro interface to Win8, but the desktop part of the OS is smooth as silk. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Win8.

Office Depot has the full version of Win8 Pro (not an upgrade) for $70 tomorrow.

don't forget to add on media center, only way to get it.

Flector said:   I have no use for and don't really like the Metro interface to Win8, but the desktop part of the OS is smooth as silk. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Win8.

Office Depot has the full version of Win8 Pro (not an upgrade) for $70 tomorrow.

FYI This has been discussed to death in earlier Windows 8 threads but just to clear things up unlike past Microsoft OS releases Microsoft opted not to offer a full retail version of Windows 8 Pro. source
The Office Depot $70 deal you referenced is the same Windows 8 upgrade version as in the OP. Both are Microsoft part number 3UR-00001. That is the retail Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade regardless of what Office Depot advertises in their ad. Office Depot has also been misrepresenting 3UR-00001 on their website as the full Windows 8 version since Windows 8 was released last month as you can see here

If you are upgrading and your Win 8 does not install properly like mine (IE would crash and close every time) do NOT use the "REFRESH" setting to correct the install. Yes it saves your "personal" files, such as docs and jpegs, but it wipes everything (that is EVERY other program you had under win 7) off your drive and you can not go back to a previous point to restore from. That includes wiping MS products like Office.

Win and MS support is worthless. If you can't find your product keys to reload everything back onto your PC than you're sh*t out of luck. I was on fleabay today and the going price of Office 10 software has gone from $25 to $100 - $150, coincidentally at the same time Win 8 was released. I'm sure that is not a coincidence, as i'm not the only fool who was bit by MS.

There are a few options still available for those who didn't pull the trigger as an "early adopter"

from here: http://www.zdnet.com/how-do-you-get-the-best-deal-on-a-windows-8...
If you purchase a PC running Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate between June 2, 2012, and January 31, 2013, you qualify for a heavily discounted $15 upgrade to Windows 8 Pro.
More scenarios/explanations in the link.

Titleist735 said:   anyone know if the upgrade can be clean installed? Found this tutorial which shows how to install Windows 8 Upgrade onto a blank disk. Basically, after installing Windows 8 you perform a Refresh and it will activate Windows.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

RE: anyone know if the upgrade can be clean installed?
I wanted to install it on my netbook that had xp. I also wanted to change out the harddrive to a new intel ssd. I put the new ssd in. Booted from dvd drive. installed using custom. When I made it to the new desktop, I reinstalled using the disc. It asked for the activation code each time. Seems to work fine. If it fails, I can just put the old hard drive back in.

I received my copy on Monday of this week. Did anyone get the $25 credit yet? How long did they say it will take them?

OMG, got a windows8 laptop from BB last week and that thing is fukng hideous. i wont touch it with a 10-foot pole... now i got to figure how to put windows7 on it instead. fckfckfck

I am using windows 8 at work and think it is a great product. Waiting for the full fledged windows 8 laptops/tablets next month to replace my personal latitude 420 and 620 laptops.

pkp413 said:   I received my copy on Monday of this week. Did anyone get the $25 credit yet? How long did they say it will take them? It takes about 30 days. For the last Windows 8 promotion I ordered October 20th and received my credit on November 19th.

Titleist735 said:   anyone know if the upgrade can be clean installed?

When I did mine, It would not activate so I put the disk in, booted to the disk, and did an "upgrade" on my fresh install; activated fine then.

killme2 said:   pkp413 said:   I received my copy on Monday of this week. Did anyone get the $25 credit yet? How long did they say it will take them? It takes about 30 days. For the last Windows 8 promotion I ordered October 20th and received my credit on November 19th.

Got mine today.

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order [] entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
Promotion details:

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thank you for purchasing Windows 8 Pro from Amazon.com. Your order qualifies you to receive an additional $25 promotional credit. Simply shop Amazon.com and we'll apply the credit at checkout, no coupon code required. Promotional credit is one per customer and can only be used on products shipped and sold by Amazon.com and can not be used on Kindle, digital or downloadable products, AmazonLocal, subscription products, or mobile wireless products.

The promotional credit must be used by February 28, 2013. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014