• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's another video card deal on Newegg: Link to video card
Rebate

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

MSI Radeon HD 7770
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ooo.. nice price. Tempted to get one get a crossfire going. Don't really NEED it though...

DDR5 and 640 Stream Processors

now we're cook'n

eh, was available hours and hours ago (~2:30am). At the very first, they had far cry 3 coupon with it for free too, but that got pulled right away and interest kinda died on... er.. another deal site. People suggests it was on the low end of 7770 spectrum, build-wise and GPU wise (lowest binned chips). No personal opinion, just reporting what happened and what others said.

Yuyak said:   ooo.. nice price. Tempted to get one get a crossfire going. Don't really NEED it though...
I don't think it supports crossfire. One of the reviews on the site said it didn't.

Danzilla said:   eh, was available hours and hours ago (~2:30am). At the very first, they had far cry 3 coupon with it for free too, but that got pulled right away and interest kinda died on... er.. another deal site. People suggests it was on the low end of 7770 spectrum, build-wise and GPU wise (lowest binned chips). No personal opinion, just reporting what happened and what others said.

The average sale price for these before BF was around $75. At $70 and with no games, no wonder people run away from it. If it was around $50, then now we are talking business.

neochaos said:   Danzilla said:   eh, was available hours and hours ago (~2:30am). At the very first, they had far cry 3 coupon with it for free too, but that got pulled right away and interest kinda died on... er.. another deal site. People suggests it was on the low end of 7770 spectrum, build-wise and GPU wise (lowest binned chips). No personal opinion, just reporting what happened and what others said.

The average sale price for these before BF was around $75. At $70 and with no games, no wonder people run away from it. If it was around $50, then now we are talking business.

You sure about that? Best I've seen referenced lately for the 7xxx series was a sapphire 7770 for 95 after rebate back in sept, and a 7750 for 72 after rebate a month ago that was considered hot. Games add value if you want the ones bundled, I'd rather save 40 bucks to spend on a game I choose

StvB said:   neochaos said:   Danzilla said:   eh, was available hours and hours ago (~2:30am). At the very first, they had far cry 3 coupon with it for free too, but that got pulled right away and interest kinda died on... er.. another deal site. People suggests it was on the low end of 7770 spectrum, build-wise and GPU wise (lowest binned chips). No personal opinion, just reporting what happened and what others said.

You sure about that? Best I've seen referenced lately for the 7xxx series was a sapphire 7770 for 95 after rebate back in sept, and a 7750 for 72 after rebate a month ago that was considered hot. Games add value if you want the ones bundled, I'd rather save 40 bucks to spend on a game I choose
That's what I thought. I've never seen the 7xxx series for anywhere near this cheap. neochaos, can you tell us where you're seeing the prices you've mentioned? Are you sure it was the 7770?

No, hes severely mistaken or drunk. The average selling price for a 7770 is $100. This MSI 7770 did initially come with 3 games too, which made it that much better. Its a decent price and almost an unbeatable bang 4 buck card at $70. The only other better possibility is the GTX 650 with 2 games for the same price. The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely and gtx 650 uses less power. I cant stand AMD drivers so I went with Nvidia.

I plan to sell Assassins Creed III for at least $20 if not more to put against the purchase price. Thats a GTX 650 for $50. Win.

fallengod said:   No, hes severely mistaken or drunk. The average selling price for a 7770 is $100. This MSI 7770 did initially come with 3 games too, which made it that much better. Its a decent price and almost an unbeatable bang 4 buck card at $70. The only other better possibility is the GTX 650 with 2 games for the same price. The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely and gtx 650 uses less power. I cant stand AMD drivers so I went with Nvidia.

I plan to sell Assassins Creed III for at least $20 if not more to put against the purchase price. Thats a GTX 650 for $50. Win.

Did you read the reviews section for AC III on Newegg? Looks like people are having a hard time downloading the game or getting it to work.

fallengod said:   The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely...

If you partial to Nvidia,as you said, it is fine, but DO NOT spread false information. The HD7700 is a good 20-25% faster than the GTX650.

This will clear it

AlexRuiz said:   fallengod said:   The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely...

If you partial to Nvidia,as you said, it is fine, but DO NOT spread false information. The HD7700 is a good 20-25% faster than the GTX650.

This will clear it

your chart shows 38% vs 43%.

joedrobin2002 said:   AlexRuiz said:   fallengod said:   The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely...

This will clear it

your chart shows 38% vs 43%.

If you take the 45% figure (with the updated driver) and compare it to the 38% figure, you get:

(.45 - .38)/.38 * 100% = 18.4% (not quite 20%, but close).

AlexRuiz said:   fallengod said:   The 7770 is slightly faster than the GTX 650, but barely...

This will clear it

One thing inexperienced people often forget is, performance differences are not some definitive value. It depends on which games were talking about, settings used and what resolution the user is playing at.

Yes the 7770 is definitely faster than the GTX 650 without a doubt. But in some games they are within 1-5 fps of eachother, other games with varying settings can be in the 10-25 fps difference range. I own both video cards and I actually know what im talking about.

Also, just to note, that image you linked to from one benchmark from one site means jack shit....

Lastly, I got my GTX 650 the other day and sold the Assassins Creed III for $35. That brings the final cost of the GTX 650 to around $45AR and I still have Shogun2 to sell. $45 GTX 650 beats a 7770 for $77(after tax, after rebate) no matter how much faster the 7770 is.

Got mine....DOA....another RMA for the egg.

What a waste of $11 shipping to return this POS...
I'll get my next card from my local CompUSA.

Tacoma99 said:   Got mine....DOA....another RMA for the egg.

What a waste of $11 shipping to return this POS...
I'll get my next card from my local CompUSA.
Did pay with Paypal by any chance did you?

PayPal is also offering free return shipping on products. Consumers who file a claim will get a pre-paid shipping label within five days or they’ll get a refund in their PayPal account for the shipping costs. Free return shipping is limited to $100 during the promotion period or $25 for each item. And PayPal is also promoting its six-months free financing for purchases over $99 through Bill Me Later, which was offered to small businesses for the first time last month. You can get more information on the promotions here.

Thanks for the info, but I paid with a credit card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014