• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Link for rebate

Rebate valid from 11/22/12 to 11/24/12- limit 2 rebates per household.

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

asus blu ray (6.93kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I work at a restaurant and I just take the card and pay for someones tab with it who paid with cash, so I turn mine into... (more)

tdavis5432 (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 12:48p) |

May be you could start a service for a small fee

aqan (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 12:54p) |

Thanks OP. Bumping as it ends tonight.

tylerwillis (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 9:16p) |

• Also categorized in:

Been waiting for one of these.. I love FW... thanks OP

Finally, it is $10 cheaper than last year.

this a pretty decent model? doing a new build dont know much about small parts like this.

$14 less than I paid for a BD reader last year. Note that it doesn't include Cyberlink PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD, so you'll have to wait until one of those goes on sale to get your playback software (if you're planning to play BDs in, let's say, an HTPC). I believe PowerDVD was on sale around New Year's last year.

what do you guys do with all these small value visa cards? buy gas or something?

Gas, subway/train tickets and inflight drinks.

Titleist735 said:   what do you guys do with all these small value visa cards? buy gas or something?

Titleist735 said:   what do you guys do with all these small value visa cards? buy gas or something?

They spend anywhere... If you have a 10 dollar balance on the card and a 20 dollar purchase, the card will zero itself out then you pay for the rest of the tab with another method...

Crap. $10 cheaper than I just paid a week or so ago. I paid $70 with a $20 rebate. My rebate just got approved today. It will be here in another 8 to 10 weeks.

I did the free Media Center upgrade in Windows 8 Pro to play regular DVD movies, and I am using VLC which is also free to play Blu Ray movies. I am pretty happy with this drive for this price. I have not yet burned any Blu Ray media, so I cannot speak to that functionality.

SithMaster said:   Gas, subway/train tickets and inflight drinks.

As soon as I get my rebate "credit card" I immediately buy an Amazon.com gift certificate with it (you can get an Amazon gift card for any value) so I don't forget about the card and have it expire. It has worked out very well for me.

Or use it buy a WalMart gift card if you shop at wallyworld often.

Shaksdeals said:   Or use it buy a WalMart gift card if you shop at wallyworld often.

Just as easy to do a "split transaction" at WalMart as to buy a gift card and then use that. Just tell the cashier that you want a split transaction and the amount to spend on the rebate card. Swipe the card and then use another payment method to finish.

classicmac said:   SithMaster said:   Gas, subway/train tickets and inflight drinks.

As soon as I get my rebate "credit card" I immediately buy an Amazon.com gift certificate with it (you can get an Amazon gift card for any value) so I don't forget about the card and have it expire. It has worked out very well for me.
That's exactly what I do.

Beware of the MIR. It requires you to login to this crappy site https://asus.4myrebate.com/?oc=ASU-11233 which doesn't respond. I've tried 20 times at least at different times and still the page doesn't load. So you may not be able to submit the rebate. YMMV.

mrchief said:   Beware of the MIR. It requires you to login to this crappy site https://asus.4myrebate.com/?oc=ASU-11233 which doesn't respond. I've tried 20 times at least at different times and still the page doesn't load. So you may not be able to submit the rebate. YMMV.Very reliable rebate site that is running slow from overload and will continue to be slow during peak hours for the next few days. Be patient, and try again early in the morning.

squinky86 said:   mrchief said:   Beware of the MIR. It requires you to login to this crappy site https://asus.4myrebate.com/?oc=ASU-11233 which doesn't respond. I've tried 20 times at least at different times and still the page doesn't load. So you may not be able to submit the rebate. YMMV.Very reliable rebate site that is running slow from overload and will continue to be slow during peak hours for the next few days. Be patient, and try again early in the morning.

I do hope so. Otherwise, I might have to cancel my order which will be another PITA.

When you buy Amazon gift card you lose $1 for some reason they charge the amount first and although return later you get locked on one dollar less amount.

KPACOTKA said:   When you buy Amazon gift card you lose $1 for some reason they charge the amount first and although return later you get locked on one dollar less amount.I never had that happen.

You can do a split transaction as other people said. I just keep it in my wallet and use it next time I buy something at the store. I write in permanent marker whats remanding on the card if I have left over. If you only have $3.06 on the card for example, just tell the cashier to charge 3.06 to it and then pay the remainder with whatever other method you want.

Hi Buster said:   KPACOTKA said:   When you buy Amazon gift card you lose $1 for some reason they charge the amount first and although return later you get locked on one dollar less amount.I never had that happen.

Agree, totally misinformation there. I, too, convert all my rebate GCs into Amzn GCs since they bank and keep track of them nicely, never lost a single cent. I did one time pay for expedite that cost $1 to get the GC in 2 instead of 6-8 weeks though.

KPACOTKA said:   When you buy Amazon gift card you lose $1 for some reason they charge the amount first and although return later you get locked on one dollar less amount.

Sometimes vendors, merchants, POS terminals charge a authorizing amount to make sure that the transaction is valid. That is all reversed when the transaction is actually posted. You do not lose anything nor does it reflect in your balance. At best you may see those charges in your "Pending Charges" section of your bank account but they will never make to your actual activity. That is how almost all credit card transactions work.

got one

you don't have to tell cashier what is left over, it confuses most of the clerks.
Just use the card, the card will only be approved for the left amount in the card.

elterrible said:   Titleist735 said:   what do you guys do with all these small value visa cards? buy gas or something?

You can do a split transaction as other people said. I just keep it in my wallet and use it next time I buy something at the store. I write in permanent marker whats remanding on the card if I have left over. If you only have $3.06 on the card for example, just tell the cashier to charge 3.06 to it and then pay the remainder with whatever other method you want.

I work at a restaurant and I just take the card and pay for someones tab with it who paid with cash, so I turn mine into greenbacks...

tdavis5432 said:   I work at a restaurant and I just take the card and pay for someones tab with it who paid with cash, so I turn mine into greenbacks...
May be you could start a service for a small fee

Thanks OP. Bumping as it ends tonight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014