• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update: Amazon seems to have dropped their price to $55.99 in response to J&R's sale. So J&R is $1 less, as well as adding tax only in NY.

This is the cheapest I've seen this printer in a long while. This is one of the Brother printers that you can get very cheap ink for.

http://www.jr.com/brother/pe/BRT_MFCJ425W/ (Use promo TURKEY10 for $10 off $75+ if you're buying other stuff too -- I ended up buying two of these printers for basically $50 each)

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Printer-MFCJ425W-Wireless-Scanner/...

Price history:

http://thetracktor.com/detail/B005K95U88/

Key Features:

* Wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
* Unattended fax, copy, or scan using up to 20-page ADF
* 1.9-inch color LCD display for easy menu navigation
* Fast print speeds up to 33 ppm black, 26 ppm color (fast mode) and 10 ppm black, 8 ppm color (ISO standard)1
* Professional-quality prints and borderless photo printing at resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi
* Flatbed copier makes it convenient to copy bound, thick, or odd-sized documents
* Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing using Ink Save Mode
* Brother iprint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 mobile device3
* Four-cartridge ink system; only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not seeing free shipping on this?

Staples will be having J430W for 49.99 starting from Sunday Nov. 25th.Staples J430W

The front page deal says this is for a cannon mx892, but this thread has nothing to do with that?

I ordered one on JR.com; the printer is "temporarily out of stock" however, so who knows when it is officially be shipped.

Many people state that ink is cheap for the Brother MFC-J425W; can someone please offer a testimonial on a non-Brother ink brand that doesn't harm the unit. Thank you.

Out of stock but good deal, thanks OP.

Fastblack said:   Not seeing free shipping on this?

Their front page says free shipping on everything if you join their "J&R Rewards" program, which is free, and no more intrusive than any other merchant really.

picool said:   Staples will be having J430W for 49.99 starting from Sunday Nov. 25th.Staples J430W

Good deal, but Staples adds tax in most states. Nevertheless, a good option for many.

FYI, when I last researched this, the J430W (and 425, and 435) all seem to be basically the same product, just different model numbers for different stores, probably to make price matching harder.

Solomon960 said:   Many people state that ink is cheap for the Brother MFC-J425W; can someone please offer a testimonial on a non-Brother ink brand that doesn't harm the unit. Thank you.

I've been using the "G&G" Generics from Meritline.com for a few years in my MFC-420CN (LC41 ink on mine). Works just fine. Having mechanical issues occasionally with the black print head - if I don't disable bi-dir printing in the driver page, it interlaces the lines during printing and looks blurred. (Edit: Not clogged from the ink, has the same problem with Brother ink.) So I picked up an 825W or whatever model it is that does duplex printing and has Wifi. Haven't open it yet, my 420CN has been behaving lately.

Bought the Brother J430W @ Office Depot on BF for $50 and am thrilled with it. Coming from an Epson photo All In One whose original cost was nothing compared to it's ink cost, I'm amazed you can buy 4 generic cartridges for this on eBay for $5. Pretty decent photo quality using good paper, especially considering the price and 3 less color cartridges than my old Epson. And wireless sure is nice.

Can this print in duplex mode (i.e. double sided)?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014