• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
governor said:   most likely operator error.

Fallout said:   The touch pad is now not working. It's going back.

This is so you and your worthless replies as exampled here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1236267/

89Akerholic said:   Mulox said:   Yes, it will work great with Minecraft - I actually upgraded my son to this laptop and he plays that too. The only thing I was not crazy about was the large screen, which meant heavier weight and less battery time... but overall should be a great machine for him for next 2-3 years.

Been using it about a week and he is complaining of serious lag while playing minecraft. Any ideas as to why this would be? Processor should be plenty fast.

It depends... lag can be caused by many things: graphics card, hard drive, processor, network connection to name a few. Graphics and network are most common, although Minecraft does not have any heavy duty 3D rendering going on, just pixelated square blocks, so I would learn towards network connection. Does he have the same problem playing on another computer in the house? If so, it's your internet connection. If not, make sure he closes down all other apps while playing. This is a huge usability issue with Windows 8, because you don't X out of apps like Win7 and before, so it leaves dozens of apps running in the background, eating up cpu/memory resources. To see what's running, press and hold the Window key and Tab key at the same time, and to close out apps, just left-click and drag the app to the bottom of the screen.

As for the touchpad comments, I work in IT and have played with hundreds of laptops over the last 20 years, and have never found a decent touchpad out there... I despise them, and refuse to use a laptop without a wireless external mouse. Just my 2 cents...

My son is doing good so far with an external mouse and keeping on eye on what apps are running. He played Minecraft with a friend for an hour today while on a Skype call at same time, no lag issues.

Mulox said:   89Akerholic said:   Mulox said:   Yes, it will work great with Minecraft - I actually upgraded my son to this laptop and he plays that too. The only thing I was not crazy about was the large screen, which meant heavier weight and less battery time... but overall should be a great machine for him for next 2-3 years.

Been using it about a week and he is complaining of serious lag while playing minecraft. Any ideas as to why this would be? Processor should be plenty fast.

It depends... lag can be caused by many things: graphics card, hard drive, processor, network connection to name a few. Graphics and network are most common, although Minecraft does not have any heavy duty 3D rendering going on, just pixelated square blocks, so I would learn towards network connection. Does he have the same problem playing on another computer in the house? If so, it's your internet connection. If not, make sure he closes down all other apps while playing. This is a huge usability issue with Windows 8, because you don't X out of apps like Win7 and before, so it leaves dozens of apps running in the background, eating up cpu/memory resources. To see what's running, press and hold the Window key and Tab key at the same time, and to close out apps, just left-click and drag the app to the bottom of the screen.

As for the touchpad comments, I work in IT and have played with hundreds of laptops over the last 20 years, and have never found a decent touchpad out there... I despise them, and refuse to use a laptop without a wireless external mouse. Just my 2 cents...

My son is doing good so far with an external mouse and keeping on eye on what apps are running. He played Minecraft with a friend for an hour today while on a Skype call at same time, no lag issues.

Network is fine. He has played for more than a year on a macbook pro.

I am done with this computer and windows 8 for the time being and it is going back tomorrow.

As you can see from previse post I got the laptop Dec 2..I can see where there maybe some defective
units but my laptop has been very good.. Win 8 makes me want to puke, kind of ruins that new out of
the box experience.. I have allot of computers, if I have something important that needs to be done
I jump on a Xp, Vista or Win7 machine..I picked up 4 Win8 Pro operating systems because they were
cheap but just like Vista it`s going to take 2-3 years before they get Win8 half way right..

win8 is for kids, and not just any kids, special needs kids.... sorry i had to go there but that is the truth..... piece of worthless sh1t

ahh ma laptop doesnt work. no on. what do? uhhhhgovernor said:   most likely operator error.

Fallout said:   The touch pad is now not working. It's going back.

Last Black Friday, I also purchased same laptop from eBay. But in my Toshiba, Screen is 15" Wide.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.