• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Green Earth Technologies is doing ANOTHER free oil deal. Also, you can get free g-cleaner from certain Home Depot locations.

link to rebate form
G-Oil: $26.00 MIR 11/23-11/30 @ Wal-Mart (link to product)
G-CLEAN: up to $9.99 MIR 11/23-11/30 (all are currently $9.95 at The Home Depot's website)

Obtain your forms BEFORE you buy, as there are limited number of unique forms generated.

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Green Earth
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yes, hair dryer makes it easy. Get a corner started and heat it as it's coming off the bottle.

chrispitude (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 5:40a) |

Hair dryer worked like a champ for me. Too bad it's been a month and haven't heard anything on the rebate.

hammer45 (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 5:43a) |

I've successfully gotten 2 G-Oil rebates without issue. I just got another check yesterday, tried to do remote deposit,... (more)

mactv (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 11:58a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

[Bad info deleted]

labboypro said:   Rebate form doesn't appear to be limited as in past. It's just a downloadable PDF... no unique number generated on form as before.I got a form with a number on it. I was in the low 1000's.

[bad info deleted]

labboypro said:   c3688t said:   labboypro said:   Rebate form doesn't appear to be limited as in past. It's just a downloadable PDF... no unique number generated on form as before.I got a form with a number on it.

Really? When I click the link above, it downloads a generic form. See attached. What am I missing?
Yours is "Certificate # 1072" - only the first person who submits this certificate will be accepted. I recommend generating a new one

I gave you red so that other visitors can see that there's something wrong with your rebate form and read the next post to see what it is, not because I don't like you!

Doh, maybe I should look for BF deals on new glasses. Done. thanks.

Regular or synthetic?

neochaos said:   Regular or synthetic?This is a bio-synthetic. From my own analysis and the UOAs posted online, it is a perfectly adequate synthetic. I use 5-6k OCIs on it and have never had a problem. If you want the "best" or even extended OCIs, though, you need to look elsewhere. If you need to do some research before using this in your car, I recommend reading the previous G-Oil deals here at Fatwallet (link to search) or trying the Bob is the Oil Guy forum (beware of shills and those promoting their own brands - maybe search for the Used Oil Analysis [UOA]). If you use a 5w-30 synthetic currently with <5k mile oil-change intervals (OCI), this is a GREAT deal.

not available at any of my 20 local walmarts.

Brew

Brew said:   not available at any of my 20 local walmarts.

Brew
The Wal-Mart website put "out of stock" on all the wal-marts in my state, even though most of them carry this product. This is because my state has a different oil tax, and it wasn't calculating right. You'll have to call or visit to see if your store actually has it. I've found that the GET locations site is more accurate than the WalMart one.

"Limited availability in store," which means 1) I lose out on CB by buying online for store pickup (what I usually do), and 2) if I want this stuff, I have to risk being pepper sprayed and trampled at my somewhat-nearby BF feeding frenzied Wally World.

labboypro said:   "Limited availability in store," which means 1) I lose out on CB by buying online for store pickup (what I usually do), and 2) if I want this stuff, I have to risk being pepper sprayed and trampled at my somewhat-nearby BF feeding frenzied Wally World.

NOW available for online purchase with in-store pickup. And, FW CB is currently 5%. So... 5% CB and 2% Discover to cover most of the tax. Good enough.

labboypro said:   labboypro said:   "Limited availability in store," which means 1) I lose out on CB by buying online for store pickup (what I usually do), and 2) if I want this stuff, I have to risk being pepper sprayed and trampled at my somewhat-nearby BF feeding frenzied Wally World.

NOW available for online purchase with in-store pickup. And, FW CB is currently 5%. So... 5% CB and 2% Discover to cover most of the tax. Good enough.
Woohoo! And they're still forgetting to add in the Alabama Oil Tax online!

Can I use this for the "Champion 3500 watt generator" i bought recently? How long does this last on the shelf as generator takes only 0.6 qt?

nanga said:   Can I use this for the "Champion 3500 watt generator" i bought recently? How long does this last on the shelf as generator takes only 0.6 qt?According to the manual, it's only safe to use 5w-30 when it's operating in temperatures <23 degrees F. If you're not in the arctic tundra, you need to use SAE-30 which has a much higher thermal capacity for higher temperatures. As such, I don't recommend this nor anything other than SAE-30 (or maybe 10w-30) to protect your generator.

Great! Thank you!
squinky86 said:   nanga said:   Can I use this for the "Champion 3500 watt generator" i bought recently? How long does this last on the shelf as generator takes only 0.6 qt?According to the manual, it's only safe to use 5w-30 when it's operating in temperatures <23 degrees F. If you're not in the arctic tundra, you need to use SAE-30 which has a much higher thermal capacity for higher temperatures. As such, I don't recommend this nor anything other than SAE-30 (or maybe 10w-30) to protect your generator.

This will be my 9th rebate. Thanks OP!

Debating going for rebate #8... I don't really need it but it's free oil!

nanga said:   Can I use this for the "Champion 3500 watt generator" i bought recently? How long does this last on the shelf as generator takes only 0.6 qt?

One thing many regular synthetics are supposed to be good for is higher temperature stability/durability (and some small engine manuals will recommend a 5W-30 syn as a year-round alternative to SAE 30). So I wonder if the same might be true of the bio-oil. Still, I'd be more inclined to go with the 10W (especially if it'll need starting in freezing weather), at least until I saw some comparative specs.

The shelf life is an interesting question too (including for those stockpiling discount oil), with enhanced biodegradability (at least in an open environment) being a selling point. I've seen mixed messages ranging from 1 year (due to settling additives, maybe fixable with a shake) to 2 years with a tight cap, corrected to 5 years (with no mention of applicability to partially used bottle).

They don't pay. Don't waste your time.

in2dadark said:   They don't pay. Don't waste your time.

Your statement is not supported by the anecdotal evidence. They tend to be VERY slow, but there have been LOTS of people on FW who have done this rebate over and over and over and over without issue.

lost count of how many times I've SUCCESSFULLY done this rebate.

In 4 1.
And yea, they take a while (~2 months), but I've always gotten my rebates.

How often can you do this? I think I last did this in mid-October. I can pretty much use an unlimited supply of oil.

Dear FatWallet Friends....I am drowning in FAR oil...giving it away to neighbors......heading out to WalMart now....thanks again!!!

meggacat said:   Dear FatWallet Friends....I am drowning in FAR oil...giving it away to neighbors......heading out to WalMart now....thanks again!!!

I started marking the date of purchase on my jugs so I use the oldest ones first... It is quite ridiculous how many 5qt and 1qt jugs I have of this stuff in my garage...

Having hard time removing UPC, any ideas?
Edit - Hair dryer worked. Thanks all.

CSREwallet said:   Having hard time removing UPC, any ideas?

I never did a G-oil rebate but I think I read where a hair dryer helped.

SlamminMOFO said:   I never did a G-oil rebate but I think I read where a hair dryer helped.

Yes, hair dryer makes it easy. Get a corner started and heat it as it's coming off the bottle.

Hair dryer worked like a champ for me. Too bad it's been a month and haven't heard anything on the rebate.

I've successfully gotten 2 G-Oil rebates without issue. I just got another check yesterday, tried to do remote deposit, and hit a snag.

It got rejected because "Check more than 180 days old." Huh? I looked at the scan - the date on the check is 0000-00-00.

I'll try doing an ATM deposit next, but I don't want to get hit with a returned check fee. I hope this was a glitch and not some variation on an uncashable rebate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014