• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Part of Tiger Direct's Black Friday sale. I'm not so familiar with the brand, but unless I'm missing something it seems like a pretty good deal for 40" 1080p and 120Hz.

Seiki SE401GS 40" Class LED HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 120Hz, 3000:1, 10ms, 3x HDMI, VGA

Seiki SE401GS 40" Class LED HDTV
Experience visual majesty with the Seiki SE401GS 40" Class LED HDTV! Enjoy an incredible and more comfortable viewing experience, as well as action-filled gaming sessions. This incredible LED HDTV provides your multimedia with a 1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution, allowing you to view incredibly vibrant images and videos. Colors come to life as the Seiki SE401GS 40" Class LED HDTV comes equipped with a 3,000:1 Contrast Ratio, delivering videos and images with mouthwatering colors. Every action and suspense-filled scene is clear and fluid, thanks to this LED HDTV's 120Hz Refresh Rate. You can also connect various media gadgets and other compatible devices by utilizing VGA, 3 x HDMI, and USB ports. Gather the family or spend a quiet night alone indoors and let the Seiki SE401GS 40" Class LED HDTV give you the entertainment satisfaction you deserve!

What It Is And Why You Need It:

1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution; provides you with vibrant images and videos
3,000:1 Contrast Ratio; colors come to life
120Hz Refresh Rate; clear and seamless delivery of fast-paced scenes
VGA, 3 x HDMI, and USB ports; integrate various media devices and gadgets

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details...

Tiger Direct
Need a Tiger Direct coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Seiki SE401GS
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Sold out online.

$249.99 matched there store Black Friday Ad. I got in on one at $199.99 after rebate. Used Google checko... (more)

etm123 (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 6:42a) |

Let me know how that works out. I did the same thing, because I couldn't get the order through their regular checkout.

Camel04 (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 3:33p) |

No dice with the first reply. Just the standard canned answer about Google checkout. So I replied pointing out that beca... (more)

etm123 (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 5:50p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Site down!

Tiger Direct's checkout wasn't working for me either. I'm not sure if that's the same issue you're having, but when I tried Google Checkout, it worked fine.

edit: Nevermind...I just went back to look through some other items, and it looks like the whole site is choking now, not just the checkout.

FYI - Website is blowing up. Their other websites (CircuitCity.com, etc.) are up and running and you can get the same deal but no free shipping (was $19 for me). Just a heads up in case you are like me and want the deal but don't want to fight the website/rely on luck.

LOL this is like importing a Daewoo from Iran. Good luck if you ever have issues.

at 199 for 40" LED, glad to take my chance on this brand. Scored one.

I got free Econo shipping to CA.

Yea can't check out, sucks. Good luck Peeps!

I got one just now, tried for quite a while.

I grabbed one. But when I went to the rebate info the offer didn't show up on the rebate site. Maybe it will be there tomorrow.

I was thinking about it till I read the reviews at Amazon..

Linky

Dil

I bit on this deal.

Is SEIKI a good brand? Never heard of it. But an LED at 1080p and 120hz, I don't think there is a 40-inch TV that comes close in value ($199 shipped + no tax). Correct me if I am wrong lol

I got one, but what an ordeal. Opened up 3 or 4 different tabs to order because I kept getting hung up at one point or another in the ordering and bill pay process. It took over 2 hours to finally get the order completed. I hope I get my 6% Cash Back on this!

Its 299$ and then a 100$ rebate in two months or so. Also, the return policy of this site is there is no refund and only the defective item can be exchanged within 30 days

The Amazon review gripes about using this as a monitor has me on the fence as its going to be for HTPC use.

Just got mine after same 2-hour ordeal. The 6% Cash Bash will probably have to be fought just as hard for. To make things even more interesting, a search for rebate TD-7509 still proves fruitless (https://www.4myrebate.com/Claim/FindaRebate). I'm assuming that they'll cut it loose later today. Any one else seen it available yet? Please post when you do. Thanks for the post OP. Perfect TV for the bedroom.

Update: I emailed rebate customer support to let them know about the missing rebate offer (customerservice@help.4myrebate.com). Maybe if more than one of us make mention of it to them, they'll act more quickly. The rebate form should be available to complete now. This is bogus if you ask me. Good luck fellow Seiki purchasers!

Site slammed and slow, kicked off once in purchasing process, but finally prevailed. Now trying to get the rebate is another hassle, but you can't beat a $200 40" hdtv.

I've uploaded the rebate form I downloaded from Circuit City's website.

I have a Seiki SC371TS....37".Had it for about a month.Decent tv,,doesn't seem like the color depth is quite as good as some of the higher $ tvs.Volume and sound quality are fine imo.

Is this not the rebate for this Seiki tv? http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TD-7509%20%28US%29.p...

EDIT: Oh lol nevermind.

Read the (slightly horrifying) Amazon reviews, still bought it. 1. It's $200, and 2. I have both my credit card purchase protection and google's purchase protection (came up after checkout) to protect me in case the TV turns out to be really shitty.

Edit: free shipping and no CA tax/environmental fee - saved at least an additional $30.

If I wanted to order another one for my grandparents, in order to get a rebate I would have to make a new Tiger Direct account, use a different credit card w/ a different billing address right?

The no CA tax and fee is really the kicker to buy this! Rebate sucks tho.

Think on the bright side. Rebate just makes the CB slightly sweeter.

Found the rebate form buried in the Terms and Conditions, crafty.
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TD-7509%20(US).pdf

If that doesn't work, here's a mirror:
http://www.withinwindows.com/share/TD-7509%20(US).pdf

EDIT: I didn't hit F5 in this thread, my bad. And offer code doesn't work yet, as others stated. *goes back into hiding*

When I added the Seiki 40" to my cart, the price went from $299 to $349.

Deal DEAD DEAD DEAD!

deal dead? price is 249 now

I may have been screwed on this one by the website. I had an order # assigned, but did not get a confirmation, nor does it show up in my order history. Ordered 4am EST. I didn't pay attention to my receipt, but it wasn't filled out with all the details.

Sold out, dead deal.

Got in at $199. For the others like me debating whether or not to cancel, a little research reveals that Seiki is the in-house brand of THTF (Shenyang TongFang Multimedia Technology Co., Ltd.). They make TVs for Sharp, Pioneer, Sanyo, Westinghouse, Element and Telefunken (reference: http://www.tongfang-global.com/thtf.asp?id=64). Manufacturing is in China, assembly in US.

I got one at about 12:30. Slow website and the screen just went white after I hit the final purchase button. I did get an order confirmation email, so I hope I'm OK. FW has taught me to pull the trigger and think about it later. I need to use this TV on a nice wall-mount swing arm. Upon closer inspection after the purch, this TV has no mounting screws for that. HMMM.

.... also now reading that this TV does not have a 1:1 pixel mode. I wanted my primary input to be a computer and now I'm dreading trying to fix the overscan issue.

seems need to adjust the video card settings to correct that, please refer to the Amazon review for details.
rocketslave said:   .... also now reading that this TV does not have a 1:1 pixel mode. I wanted my primary input to be a computer and now I'm dreading trying to fix the overscan issue.

direct rebate link, now they took the rebate down.
http://www.4myrebate.com/?oc=TD-7509
WithinRafael said:   Found the rebate form buried in the Terms and Conditions, crafty.
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/rebates/TD-7509%20(US).pdf

If that doesn't work, here's a mirror:
http://www.withinwindows.com/share/TD-7509%20(US).pdf

EDIT: I didn't hit F5 in this thread, my bad. And offer code doesn't work yet, as others stated. *goes back into hiding*

249 now - dead.

Sold out online.

$249.99 matched there store Black Friday Ad. I got in on one at $199.99 after rebate. Used Google checkout, so I screwed myself out of the free shipping. Sent an email asking for an adjustment to free shipping because of the trouble ordering with the website last night. Don't expect much but you never know. Hopefully the Fatwallet CB comes through and that will help offset the $19.08 in shipping.

Nice to hear it's the house brand for the company that makes Sharp. Figured as much. Read all the Amazon reviews prior to ordering and it just seemed like a gamble worth taking for a $200 40" LED. Crossing my fingers for a "good" unit.

etm123 said:   Used Google checkout, so I screwed myself out of the free shipping. Sent an email asking for an adjustment to free shipping because of the trouble ordering with the website last night. Don't expect much but you never know. Hopefully the Fatwallet CB comes through and that will help offset the $19.08 in shipping.

Let me know how that works out. I did the same thing, because I couldn't get the order through their regular checkout.

Camel04 said:   etm123 said:   Used Google checkout, so I screwed myself out of the free shipping. Sent an email asking for an adjustment to free shipping because of the trouble ordering with the website last night. Don't expect much but you never know. Hopefully the Fatwallet CB comes through and that will help offset the $19.08 in shipping.

No dice with the first reply. Just the standard canned answer about Google checkout. So I replied pointing out that because they couldn't handle the traffic, blah, blah, blah, cusotmer loyality. See if that does anything but I doubt it.

As for the TV, it's not bad. One stuck pixel in the upper right corner upon close inspection. Doesn't bother me. Remote aiming is picky to say the least. Not a bad set for the price and for my intended use. Now to make sure the rebate gets approved.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014