rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Seagate 3TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ahhh, Computer Shopper, makes me wax nostalgic for the days of Apple clone MB's, Radio Shack TRS 3's, and CPM operating... (more)

BlameItOnMe (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 9:04a) |

Anyone know if the Expansion will work with a Mac running Snow Leopard? I've seen conflicting things online - some say i... (more)

jjp72 (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 10:24a) |

Too late for me, OOS for now.

Squonk (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 12:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 3

good deal

Thanks! This was my first post

in for one

costco charges shipping .. 9.99.. O_o.

gonna be at costco in a few hrs to pick up 2

going to get 5 and make a media server..

This3TB

link has a $30 off (limit 1), final price $69.99.

YMMV, I logged in with another amzn account and not getting the $30 off. Worked on my other account. Strange.

nguyent999 said:   This3TB

link has a $30 off (limit 1), final price $69.99.

YMMV, I logged in with another amzn account and not getting the $30 off. Worked on my other account. Strange.

doesn't work with my account either. Bummer

No 30 off for me (bet it was a glitch.)

It was $30 off if you had bought MS Windows 8 Pro, and there was credit of $30 available in the account.

Amazing. $99 was the price I paid for a 1T internal drive not too long ago. Ordering one and thank you.

got one

for those looking to stock up for NAS / media servers, the internal and external 3tb seagates are both $99.99 today. I used three Amazon accounts to order a total of 6 drives and will shuck the external cases when they arrive.

you can also sign up for the free trial of prime to get them all in two days. just be sure to set a reminder to cancel it before the month is up.

excellent price on these drives. if cyber monday offers a better price somewhere, i'll just return these.

$99.99 That's $0.032 per Gigabyte or $0.000032 per Megabyte. Remember when 100MB flash drivers were $99.99?

That is a great deal!

For Mac users out there: I had a ton of trouble with the Backup Plus model (the "newer" one) when connected to my iMac via USB 2.0. The drive would constantly unmount, and several times gave read/write errors when moving files. I returned it and got another, and the same thing happened. Then with my new MacBook pro with USB 3.0, the drive works flawlessly. I could've just had bad luck, but I think there may be some incompatibility with USB 2.0 if you don't have the latest chipset in your mac. Anyway, take it for what it's worth. At $99, the price is a steal.

Got one, hope it lasts.
Thanks OP

were these 1 year warranty everywhere?

in for 1
may just return the 2TB one from Staples that I got for $79

Bestbuy has the same deal - Link

Which one is better - the Backup Plus or the Expansion? Confused which one to get!

getafix said:   Which one is better - the Backup Plus or the Expansion? Confused which one to get!

I don't know if this answers your question, but the Expansion model comes with a 1 year warranty according to the Amazon web page while the Backup Plus comes with a 2 year warranty (not on Amazon web page but I bought one from BB this morning so I know this for a fact).

great deal in for 1

Great deal but I got in on it when it was $89 the other day.

going to be downloading a lot of adult entertainment with this!

IN for 1, thanks!

Got one at bestbuy thabks OP!

Thanks OP. In 4 1

If you plan to use this drive as it comes in the external case, be aware that you may have heat problems if you let the drive run all the time. No fan in the case. Heat kills drives.

are there any problems using wit an EX495 WHS, either external or internal?

advocatus said:   $99.99 That's $0.032 per Gigabyte or $0.000032 per Megabyte. Remember when 100MB flash drivers were $99.99?

That is a great deal!

I was impressed when I bought my first 32 mb smartmedia card to supplement my 16 mb smartmedia card. Then when I bought that 56 mb mp3 player...

I don't care for the heat.. They will be on top of each other in my cold office..

advocatus said:   $99.99 That's $0.032 per Gigabyte or $0.000032 per Megabyte. Remember when 100MB flash drivers were $99.99?

That is a great deal!

Hell, son, I remember getting the Computer Shopper magazine, which was more like a telephone book, and salivating over the 1GB hard drive for $1,999. But I get the gyst and share your amazement at 3,000GB of data for under a Benjamin.

American Express is offering some cardholders $20 off on purchases of $200 or more at Best Buy. Check the "offers" tab when you log in to your American Express account. This brings the price down to $89 each if you buy two.

whats the difference between Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (STCA3000101) and
Seagate Expansion 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STBV3000100?

price of 1st one is now $136

orthros said:   advocatus said:   $99.99 That's $0.032 per Gigabyte or $0.000032 per Megabyte. Remember when 100MB flash drivers were $99.99?

That is a great deal!

Hell, son, I remember getting the Computer Shopper magazine, which was more like a telephone book, and salivating over the 1GB hard drive for $1,999. But I get the gyst and share your amazement at 3,000GB of data for under a Benjamin.

Ahhh, Computer Shopper, makes me wax nostalgic for the days of Apple clone MB's, Radio Shack TRS 3's, and CPM operating systems w/8" floppies.

Anyone know if the Expansion will work with a Mac running Snow Leopard? I've seen conflicting things online - some say it works fine if you reformat it as a mac drive, others say it is to be avoided

karikaalan said:   Bestbuy has the same deal - Link

Too late for me, OOS for now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014