• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Refill card amount has doubled today to a very respectable $100. T-Mobile Prism, Samsung Dart, Exhibit 4G and Blaze 4G have this free offer:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phones

T-Mobile
Need a T-Mobile coupon that earns Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

samsung
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
just get an email from Tmo

Dear T-Mobile Customer,
Thank you for your recent order. We wanted to let you know that the fr... (more)

ultracandlebark (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 7:58p) |

This just happened to me today. The problem with them giving you the PIN over the phone:

- they call you at a random tim... (more)

jw530 (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 2:58p) |

I called 1-800-672-5390 today about this $100 refill card, I didn't get it in the package. CSR give me $100 credit back ... (more)

cqlq (Dec. 04, 2012 @ 3:09p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can this refill card be used to pay postpaid account?

bpydimer said:   can this refill card be used to pay postpaid account?

I dont think so.

no

This is a hot deal.

Can I transfer my number from verizon to use the prepaid card so that I can keep my number without getting a new number ?

TIA

fastt said:   Can I transfer my number from verizon to use the prepaid card so that I can keep my number without getting a new number ?

TIA

why not

fastt said:   Can I transfer my number from verizon to use the prepaid card so that I can keep my number without getting a new number ?

TIA

Yes.

bilbo6360 said:   awful deals, typical year round prices...no deal at all

the problem for the pure pay-as-you-go gold status prepaid user is there is no web access --- so a smart phone is very limited

I don't want to go on a monthly plan with a crappy smart phone

if I am going to jump on a monthly plan ($30 WalMart), then perhaps I'll wait for the Nexus 4 to come available

The Samsung Exhibit 4G has the potential of not being all that crappy with Cyanogenmod 10 flashed to it.

Info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916346

General rooting/rom info on this phone here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26860509

germanpope said:   the problem for the pure pay-as-you-go gold status prepaid user is there is no web access --- so a smart phone is very limited

It does suck that T-Mobile doesn't still offer the day pass or just charge for data use. I can live without it, but people who need to occasionally use data can choose Page Plus instead of T-Mobile.

lmharris said:   The Samsung Exhibit 4G has the potential of not being all that crappy with Cyanogenmod 10 flashed to it.

Info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916346

General rooting/rom info on this phone here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26860509

You cannot dial 911 with CM10. Just a warning.

MechanicalMan said:   germanpope said:   the problem for the pure pay-as-you-go gold status prepaid user is there is no web access --- so a smart phone is very limited

It does suck that T-Mobile doesn't still offer the day pass or just charge for data use. I can live without it, but people who need to occasionally use data can choose Page Plus instead of T-Mobile.

They do offer pay by day plan:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-by-the-day-cell-phone-pla...

germanpope said:   bilbo6360 said:   awful deals, typical year round prices...no deal at all

the problem for the pure pay-as-you-go gold status prepaid user is there is no web access --- so a smart phone is very limited

if I am going to jump on a monthly plan ($30 WalMart), then perhaps I'll wait for the Nexus 4 to come available

You can get data over wi-fi. I find there are enough places to get free wi-fi that not having a data plan is no big deal - McDonald's, safeway, Simon Malls and even the city bus. Yes, many city buses have wifi which broadcast past the back bumper -- just keep your eyes on the road.

Does anybody know that these can be unlocked immediately after purchase or is there a wait period like 3 months

Very hot deal. The $100 gets you instant gold rewards standing, which means a functional phone for as low as $10 every year. If you're looking for a second phone to keep in your car at all times that wont be used much, or tired of carrying around your brick size smartphone but don't want to give it up, look into this as you can sell off the smartphone, then get a dumb phone cheap, move the sim card over, and pocket the difference.

Is it possible to move the SIM from my current prepaid T-Mobile phone into one of these options and have my Gold account (that is, my phone number and minute balance) transfer to the new phone automatically? Or am I just dreaming?

Misleading header

FatBoy007 said:   Does anybody know that these can be unlocked immediately after purchase or is there a wait period like 3 months
If you have a Postpaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 40 days of active service with T-Mobile and did not request a Subsidy unlock code in the last 90 days.
For customers with a Prepaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 60 days of active service with T-Mobile and either a Prepaid Plan account balance of at least $10.00 or a prior refill within the last 30 days.

Solomon960 said:   Is it possible to move the SIM from my current prepaid T-Mobile phone into one of these options and have my Gold account (that is, my phone number and minute balance) transfer to the new phone automatically?
Yes, your account is tied to your SIM, not to your phone.

proton said:   Misleading header

Can you please tell me the correction for misleading part? I am not seeing it.

These phones are listed at $149.99 right now, so a free $100 card is net $49.99. Am I missing something?

jw530 said:   These phones are listed at $149.99 right now, so a free $100 card is net $49.99. Am I missing something?

No, you arent missing anything. Some phones are more expensive though:

Galaxy is net $100
Blaze is net $200

Looking at TMO Exhibit 4g. $200 plus get a FREE $100 reload card, which I assume you can use to pay for the $30/mo 4g plan. Trying to compare this vs the package HSN is selling ($150), which incl chargers (AC and car), screen prot and package of Droid apps. Anyone know what comes in the box if you buy this phone direct from TMO?

EDIT: I see it now-- under "Specs" tab, get charger, USB cable

EDIT:
To answer my own question:

1) HSN: $138 w/tax, incl $20 new customer discount
incl wall and car chargers; screen protector; package of Android apps
Return policy: by Jan 31 (60+ days to try it out)
NOTE: Additional 10% CB thru ShopDiscover; Net: $125

vs
2) TMO: $213 total w/tax [effectively $113 after accounting for the free $100 refill card]
incl wall charger only
Return policy: 20 days; POSSIBLE $25 (or $50) Restocking charge
NOTE: $5 CB thru FatWallet; Net: $108

Difference is about $17 (cheaper) thru TMO.
I think the longer return time at HSN is worth the difference. And you get a car charger as well.

FYI -- this was all the info I could find on the FREE $100 refill card:

* T-Mobile refill card
You can also pay for your Monthly4G plan or Prepaid-Pay As You Go minutes and data with a T-Mobile refill card.

* Return policy 20 days

* FREE $100 Prepaid Refill Card
For a limited time, get a FREE $100 Prepaid data refill card when you purchase select Prepaid devices on T-Mobile.com or through 1-877-387-4324.

To be eligible for this offer, account must be active on the qualified T-Mobile Prepaid plan when the refill offer is processed. Limit one per wireless phone number. Maximum of two refill cards per name or address every 120 days. Please see refill card for more details.

Note: While supplies last. Tax and shipping charges apply. Offer is exclusive to orders placed through T-Mobile.com or by calling 1-877-387-4324 and is not available in retail stores. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or rebates.

Hi,

Can I install a voip app like talkatone, to make free calls over wi-fi on this phone? I have an LG Optimus T and found that it's cpu just doesn't have the power to do voip.

I am looking to get this Exhibit for my kid; he needs it to be able to do talkatone (or similar for free wifi calls and sms), minecraft and similar games, browse, email, youtube and Netflix. With a 1ghz processor, I imagine it should be able to do those, but would appreciate advice if anybody knows for sure.

HSN deal could be good, but I don't have a Discover card. So, have to go with Tmo.

Thanks,
gard

gard said:   Hi,

Can I install a voip app like talkatone, to make free calls over wi-fi on this phone? I have an LG Optimus T and found that it's cpu just doesn't have the power to do voip.

I am looking to get this Exhibit for my kid; he needs it to be able to do talkatone (or similar for free wifi calls and sms), minecraft and similar games, browse, email, youtube and Netflix. With a 1ghz processor, I imagine it should be able to do those, but would appreciate advice if anybody knows for sure.

I haven't used the Exhibit, but I used VoIP on my Optimus T (overclocked to 729 MHz, using GrooVe IP on CM7) for about a year and a half and didn't have any major problems with it. I recently switched to an HTC Sensation (overclocked to >1700 MHz), and it does seem to handle VoIP with greater ease than the Optimus T did. Anyhow, I would expect the Exhibit to be okay, but I felt that the Optimus was acceptable. Both of my phones have required that I use certain settings in GrooVe IP, like leaving the screen on during calls, but they both worked fine after making those changes in the app.

T-Mobile website is useless...ordered failed, re-submitted, quick error screen and then forwarded to a screen to confirm a past address and order failed again...wait time for an agent on chat = ~48 minutes...oh, I have three lines with these losers

edit- session crashed rofl...chat ended 3 times sigh, giving up

tried to place an order 4 times-each time it bounced back saying credit/debit card missing info, blah-blah.

gave up and called it a day.

an hour later I get a call from AMEX fraud prevention because 4 charge attempts were registered each a minute apart for the same $217. So essentially the approvals went thru but tmo refused the orders. They can suck lemons.

For those counting the card as $100 value; it's not. A $100 card can be bought for $94 or less.

Thanks OP, green for you.

Just for those who aren't watching T-Mobile, they have been offering $50 card for these phones regularly.

So you are getting extra $50 value compared to their regular offers.

thsze said:   Just for those who aren't watching T-Mobile, they have been offering $50 card for these phones regularly.

So you are getting extra $50 value compared to their regular offers.

Except they raised the prices to compensate.

aarzi said:   For those counting the card as $100 value; it's not. A $100 card can be bought for $94 or less.

Can you help explain how to get for 94 or less?

Thanks
Art

Bathead12 said:   aarzi said:   For those counting the card as $100 value; it's not. A $100 card can be bought for $94 or less.

Can you help explain how to get for 94 or less?

Thanks
Art

For example, buy a $100 card for 5% discount, and 1% future credit, total = $94. Or buy cheaper from feeBay or occasionally other sources.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1234060/

or search discount prepaid cell phone/mobile cards

Sure, you can do that and ask Tmo to unlock it as well.

I just bought a samsung rugby pro (same processor as the S III, but with a sturdier shell). Does anyone know what case I could use for the Rugby Pro? Apparently nobody makes a case for it.

just an fyi about the exhibit 4g - it seems like it is heavy on the screen side and slippery on the back side making it really really really easy to drop. Functionally i was very happy with the phone. Make sure you get a good case that is hefty on the back side to balance it out.

Skipping 9 Messages...
I called 1-800-672-5390 today about this $100 refill card, I didn't get it in the package. CSR give me $100 credit back to my credit card. I think it's better than a refill card. So you guys may try your luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014