• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.staples.com

ad upcoming

NOTE: McAfee and Kaspersky is a CONTINUATION of the current rebate offer from Black Friday.

Batteries are NEW Rewards offer for 11/25-12/1, can buy 2 more if you bought 2 on 11/23 or 24.

thnx to danomcgarret and others:

HP Ink buy $50+ pre tax and AFTER discounts of any kind

recycle ink is doubled up to 20 for premier (or $80 for 20 carts) + ink rewards, makes the $50 in ink free after rewards (ink recyle/ink purchase rewards)

POSSIBLE DOUBLE DIP this week, doing it in NOVEMBER and then again on Sat 12/1. (two seperate $50+ HP ink purchases would be required, including one on 12/1, assuming this is valid)

Member Summary

duracell
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I never got a reply to my email, but today I got a $50 Rewards Check in the mail. Expires 2 months earlier than it shoul... (more)

billrubin (Dec. 24, 2012 @ 9:18p) |

Had the same thing happen to me when they didn't credit me for the HP triple rewards in October - they mailed a $20 rewa... (more)

DanoMcGarret (Dec. 24, 2012 @ 11:43p) |

I chatted w/ CS to get my missing Rewards. When told they'd send me a Rewards check I pointed out that it would expire ... (more)

my4mainecoons (Dec. 25, 2012 @ 7:04a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.
This was while she was ringing up the two packs I bought today with the $4 coupon.
She then started to explain to me how my rewards would be reduced by the $4. When I corrected her and explained how a manufacturer's coupon works with rewards, she seem to get offended and rolled her eyes at me. It was quite comical.

DOUBLE DOUBLE savings on all HP ink in Staples Rewards®² when you buy $50 of HP ink and recycle¹
Now 20% or $4

back in Staples Rewards®² or per recycled cartridge¹

Reg. 10% back or $2 back

Valid November 25 - December 1

the same day.³ HP 60XL black/60 standard color, 2/pack. 364982. Here’s an example: You pay: $51.99 You get: $10.40 20% back in Rewards² + $8.00 $4 per recycled cartridge¹ = $18.40 in total Rewards savings

BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.
This was while she was ringing up the two packs I bought today with the $4 coupon.
She then started to explain to me how my rewards would be reduced by the $4. When I corrected her and explained how a manufacturer's coupon works with rewards, she seem to get offended and rolled her eyes at me. It was quite comical.

I bought the batteries and some other stuff today and used the $4 coupon. They applied the coupon proportionately against all the items. The receipt reads "Staples Coupon redeemed, Mfr. coupon". Is that how this coupon usually works? Will I get all the rewards?

sportsfan64 said:   BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.

I bought the batteries and some other stuff today and used the $4 coupon. They applied the coupon proportionately against all the items. The receipt reads "Staples Coupon redeemed, Mfr. coupon". Is that how this coupon usually works? Will I get all the rewards?

Not how it worked for mine. Batteries are $13.99 separate line item saying manufacturer coupon -$4.

helptnt said:   DOUBLE DOUBLE savings on all HP ink in Staples Rewards®² when you buy $50 of HP ink and recycle¹
Now 20% or $4

back in Staples Rewards®² or per recycled cartridge¹

Reg. 10% back or $2 back

Valid November 25 - December 1

the same day.³ HP 60XL black/60 standard color, 2/pack. 364982. Here’s an example: You pay: $51.99 You get: $10.40 20% back in Rewards² + $8.00 $4 per recycled cartridge¹ = $18.40 in total Rewards savings
Staples Premier will get $10.40 + 20*$4 = $90.40.

Dano

sportsfan64 said:   BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.

If the coupon was applied against each item, your rewards will likely be reduced.
Looks like your cashier keyed it in wrong.

Mine was like Safety Dance's... the coupon was listed on its own line as a $4 "Manufacturer coupon"

Can I buy batteries with reward coupons and get rewards?

Can I buy batteries with reward coupons and get rewards?

manimiao said:   Can I buy batteries with reward coupons and get rewards?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/

Thanks

BeanTech said:   sportsfan64 said:   BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.

If the coupon was applied against each item, your rewards will likely be reduced.

Mine was like Safety Dance's... the coupon was listed on its own line as a $4 "Manufacturer coupon"

Yes, the cashier screwed this up and applied the coupon like a store coupon, which does apply across all items. Mfr. coupons should scan and show up as such. As it stands, Sportsfan will not be getting full rewards the way the transaction was processed.

BeanTech said:   sportsfan64 said:   BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.

Apparently YMMV as I have done every free after rewards battery deal Staples has offered to date and all coupons including mfg coupons applied directly against the subtotal are deducted from the gross paid rewards amount even if the mfg coupon did not directly apply to the item earning rewards. For example from back in October I used a $3 Duracell mfg coupon from the Sunday insert on the last free after rewards Duracell batteries. Whne the transactioon posted to my Staples Rewards account the coupon was prorated across both batteries purchased even though there is no line item reduction on my receipt. The receipt only shows $3 Manufacturers coupon listed on its own line. Maybe it is a state specific tax thing?

10/16/12 Trans. No. 2338260281877167 Total: $21.98 Rewards Earned: $21.98 Item No Item Description Qty. Price Coupons Total Spend Rewards Earned
618854 618854 - DURACELL COPPERTOP AAA16 DBLWD
100% back Batteries Oct2012 1 $12.49 -$1.50 $10.99 $10.99
581672 581672 - DURACELL COPPERTOP AA16 DBLWD
100% back Batteries Oct2012

That $1.50 was instant discount, not coupon.

where do we get the $4 coupon from? TIA

airboyee22 said:   where do we get the $4 coupon from? TIAIt was in the newspaper.

cnIsfg said:   BeanTech said:   sportsfan64 said:   BeanTech said:   My cashier today confirmed that the batteries will be free after rewards every week until the end of the year.

Apparently YMMV as I have done every free after rewards battery deal Staples has offered to date and all coupons including mfg coupons applied directly against the subtotal are deducted from the gross paid rewards amount even if the mfg coupon did not directly apply to the item earning rewards. For example from back in October I used a $3 Duracell mfg coupon from the Sunday insert on the last free after rewards Duracell batteries. Whne the transactioon posted to my Staples Rewards account the coupon was prorated across both batteries purchased even though there is no line item reduction on my receipt. The receipt only shows $3 Manufacturers coupon listed on its own line. Maybe it is a state specific tax thing?

10/16/12 Trans. No. 2338260281877167 Total: $21.98 Rewards Earned: $21.98 Item No Item Description Qty. Price Coupons Total Spend Rewards Earned
618854 618854 - DURACELL COPPERTOP AAA16 DBLWD
100% back Batteries Oct2012 1 $12.49 -$1.50 $10.99 $10.99
581672 581672 - DURACELL COPPERTOP AA16 DBLWD
100% back Batteries Oct2012

My rewards detail looks similar to yours. I don't have my receipt handy, but here's what I think happened. I think the regular price of the batteries was $12.49, but that in October, they were on sale in a sense after a store discount/instant coupon. That's what I think the $3.00 coupon amount is that is showing in rewards detail, which just happens to match the mfr. coupon value you used. Actually, I think the mfr. coupons available at that time were $.75 off alkalines, so if you used $1.50 coupons, you maybe scammed them because those were supposed to be used on rechargeables.

Wow, almost turned in my ink carts today. Glad I waited and got the HP ink deal.

Last month, I used 2 $1 manufacturer coupons (which did apply as manufacturer coupons), & Staples Rewards applied them proportionally over the items just like a regular Staples coupon. This was the first time it happened, so I wonder if they will continue doing this.

the ad says 11/25 to 12/01. Am wondering if we can do on ink transaction, i.e. buy $50 or more HP and recycle 10 or 20 carts, on or before 11/30 then another one on 12/01. Any one has the experience? Thanks.

Shoot bought this and then learnt of the $5 off $30 coupon that could have been applied to each !

JamesTKirk said:   Wow, almost turned in my ink carts today. Glad I waited and got the HP ink deal.

ditto, all see updated OP for possible double opportunity to do this deal 11/25-12/1 with two months in one week.

RE: Double Dip. Does it ever get better than $4 per cartridge times 20? (like worth waiting to see if there is a triple reward?)

I know triple rewards in past have been limited to 5 cartridges, so I'm just verifying that this is as good as it gets now/lately.

The double dip was done the last time the offer spread over two months by a couple people for sure.

kirku said:   RE: Double Dip. Does it ever get better than $4 per cartridge times 20? (like worth waiting to see if there is a triple reward?)

I know triple rewards in past have been limited to 5 cartridges, so I'm just verifying that this is as good as it gets now/lately.

The double dip was done the last time the offer spread over two months by a couple people for sure.

The triples rewards are only for a max of 5 carts I believe, so no great shakes.

In years past (say 2+ more years ago, when ink recyle was $3 per cart) we did see offers of $5 or $6 per cart w/$50+ in ink, but it equalled out the same in the sense that the regular $3 x 20 monthly was worth $60 in rewards check, so the double rewards covered or slight profit on your ink costs.

so lucky i forgot to turn in my inks today

double dip = outrageous rewards

re: duracell $4 coupons

Get them on eBay. Bought 10 for $3.

NeuroSynapsis said:   so lucky i forgot to turn in my inks today

double dip = outrageous rewards

re: duracell $4 coupons

Get them on eBay. Bought 10 for $3.

yes, but remember, your 12/1 transaction won't be paid out til 2nd week of January sometime.

MISTERCHEAP said:   POSSIBLE DOUBLE DIP this week, doing it in NOVEMBER and then again on Sat 12/1. (two seperate $50+ HP ink purchases would be required, including one on 12/1, assuming this is valid)

You don't need two HP ink purchases. I already recycled mine this month with the triple rewards for 5 carts, so I won't be doing it again but... if you buy $50+ HP ink online, you then have 7 days to recycle for the double rewards. For me last month, one online ink purchase on 10/29 got me triple rewards on 5 carts recycled 10/30 and 11/3.

So for this deal, buy your ink online any time next week, then recycle once in November, and once on December 1. You *should* get double ink rewards on both those recycles. Which means:
Spend $50 on HP ink. Get $10 rewards (20%). If you're Premier, recycle 40 cartridges, get $160 in rewards ($80 for November, $80 for December). If you're not Premier, recycle 20 cartridges, get $80 total ($40 each month.)

YMMV. It worked for me last month/the beginning of this month with the triple recycling rewards up to 5 cartridges. I see no reason it wouldn't work for the double/double, too.

metsfan said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   POSSIBLE DOUBLE DIP this week, doing it in NOVEMBER and then again on Sat 12/1. (two seperate $50+ HP ink purchases would be required, including one on 12/1, assuming this is valid)

You don't need two HP ink purchases. I already recycled mine this month with the triple rewards for 5 carts, so I won't be doing it again but... if you buy $50+ HP ink online, you then have 7 days to recycle for the double rewards. For me last month, one online ink purchase on 10/29 got me triple rewards on 5 carts recycled 10/30 and 11/3.

So for this deal, buy your ink online any time next week, then recycle once in November, and once on December 1. You *should* get double ink rewards on both those recycles. Which means:
Spend $50 on HP ink. Get $10 rewards (20%). If you're Premier, recycle 40 cartridges, get $160 in rewards ($80 for November, $80 for December). If you're not Premier, recycle 20 cartridges, get $80 total ($40 each month.)

YMMV. It worked for me last month/the beginning of this month with the triple recycling rewards up to 5 cartridges. I see no reason it wouldn't work for the double/double, too.

perhaps Metsfan, not that I doubt you, but I'd like confirmation from a few regulars that this is the case. Of course that would be great, but I'd hate NOT to buy the ink on 12/1 and lose out on the double.

sportsfan64 said:   I bought the batteries and some other stuff today and used the $4 coupon. They applied the coupon proportionately against all the items. The receipt reads "Staples Coupon redeemed, Mfr. coupon". Is that how this coupon usually works? Will I get all the rewards?

This distribution is to your benefit. When the coupon is for a 100% rebate item, make it a point to buy other items on the same receipt.

When your coupon is for a non 100% rebate item, make it a point to buy your 100% rebate item on a separate receipt.

However, if your coupon is a 16 digit Staples coupon (like the free Avanit pen coupons last week), the system is smart enough to place all of the value on the correct item and ignore other items on the receipt.

The Staples system can either work for you, or against you... or be neutral.

october
Disclaimer

november
Disclaimer
MISTERCHEAP said:   perhaps Metsfan, not that I doubt you, but I'd like confirmation from a few regulars that this is the case. Of course that would be great, but I'd hate NOT to buy the ink on 12/1 and lose out on the double.

Screenshots. I guess I can't prove I didn't buy $50+ ink in November.

Yep, it's a risk. I took the risk last month and might have only gotten the $40 instead of $60 for my recycling in November. Though I guess I should have waited, because this is a much better deal. If I wasn't going to be traveling on 12/1, I'd do it for December alone anyway.

PS: I *am* one of the regulars! Also, worst case is you don't get (second set of) free HP ink. You don't lose out on any money. Get $40 in rewards for December, vs $90 in rewards if you spent $50 on ink. Possible upside is free $40. Worth the risk, IMO.

metsfan said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   perhaps Metsfan, not that I doubt you, but I'd like confirmation from a few regulars that this is the case. Of course that would be great, but I'd hate NOT to buy the ink on 12/1 and lose out on the double.

Screenshots. I guess I can't prove I didn't buy $50+ ink in November.

Yep, it's a risk. I took the risk last month and might have only gotten the $40 instead of $60 for my recycling in November. Though I guess I should have waited, because this is a much better deal. If I wasn't going to be traveling on 12/1, I'd do it for December alone anyway.

PS: I *am* one of the regulars! Also, worst case is you don't get (second set of) free HP ink. You don't lose out on any money. Get $40 in rewards for December, vs $90 in rewards if you spent $50 on ink. Possible upside is free $40. Worth the risk, IMO.

Mets,

no offense, I just would like to hear it from a few people to help me make a sound decision on this.

1chris1 said:   Last month, I used 2 $1 manufacturer coupons (which did apply as manufacturer coupons), & Staples Rewards applied them proportionally over the items just like a regular Staples coupon. This was the first time it happened, so I wonder if they will continue doing this.Are you in a state where manufacturers coupons are not taxed so Staples has to enter them as a Staples coupon code?

There was the $6/cartridge on up to 5 cartridges in the last week of Oct. At that time, I bought $50 in HP ink ONCE in Oct and got $6 per cartridge for 5 cartridges recycled in both Oct and Nov. (1 purchase, 10 cartridges total). YMMV

Edit: Just saw metsfan post. I can confirm the same worked for me.

I'm with MC on this, and a bit more skeptical. Why would someone, who waited until the end of the month for a deal, suddenly recycle inks at the beginning of the month for no apparent reason?

eron08 said:   There was the $6/cartridge on up to 5 cartridges in the last week of Oct. At that time, I bought $50 in HP ink ONCE in Oct and got $6 per cartridge for 5 cartridges recycled in both Oct and Nov. (1 purchase, 10 cartridges total). YMMV

Edit: Just saw metsfan post. I can confirm the same worked for me.

but that was a different offer. this is the double recycle deal. remember the limit is 20 PERIOD doubled for the offer. so unless you buy two rounds of ink, I'm not so sure you'll get $80 for both Nov AND Dec.

i wonder if the Staples gift cards from the visa/mc rebate will make it by this week. that will be awesome to use it on the cartridges.

billrubin said:   1chris1 said:   Last month, I used 2 $1 manufacturer coupons (which did apply as manufacturer coupons), & Staples Rewards applied them proportionally over the items just like a regular Staples coupon. This was the first time it happened, so I wonder if they will continue doing this.Are you in a state where manufacturers coupons are not taxed so Staples has to enter them as a Staples coupon code?No, and this was the first time it happened. I checked the receipt, it said manufacturer coupon(s) at the bottom.

EDIT: It happened two separate times in October, once in VT / NH where they always enter manufacturer coupons at the bottom...first time was two $1 Duracell & one $1 Command; it shows them pro-rated as $2.38 and .62 over all three items. Next week, I bought only two packs of Duracell batteries and the two $1.50 MFR coupons show up as $3 in coupons.

1chris1 said:   EDIT: It happened two separate times in October, once in VT / NH where they always enter manufacturer coupons at the bottom...first time was two $1 Duracell & one $1 Command; it shows them pro-rated as $2.38 and .62 over all three items. Next week, I bought only two packs of Duracell batteries and the two $1.50 MFR coupons show up as $3 in coupons.In both cases, the $3 "deduction" was for the $3.00* ($1.50 ea.) instant savings on the batteries, not for the mfr coupons.

* Batteries were $12.49 - $1.50 IS = $10.99.

jebbyjoy said:   i wonder if the Staples gift cards from the visa/mc rebate will make it by this week. that will be awesome to use it on the cartridges.
No way will they be here in time for this deal. They're still making adjustments to payment amounts. Takes 6 wks minimum for a rebate under normal circumstances.
OTH, the MC/VC gc will work just fine for ink purchases.

Skipping 170 Messages...
I chatted w/ CS to get my missing Rewards. When told they'd send me a Rewards check I pointed out that it would expire sooner than usual Premier Rewards. CS said it didn't matter. "As one of our best customers we're going to take care of you. If you have a Reward that expires just give us a call." I'm not a huge spender ($2K this past year) so maybe this is just a Premier benefit we've never needed cuz cashing out the Rewards is never an issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014