• Text Only
aarzi said:   I'm with MC on this, and a bit more skeptical. Why would someone, who waited until the end of the month for a deal, suddenly recycle inks at the beginning of the month for no apparent reason?

It wasn't no apparent reason. I was taking a risk that the single online purchase would work for the triple ink rewards promo in both months, and it did. You can even see in this thread where I suggested it might work, and then later in the thread when I confirmed it did.

That doesn't guarantee it will work for the double/double offer, but it's worth the risk IMO, especially if you don't need the HP ink. As a premier member, the downside is you don't get your second $50 of HP ink (if you were planning to double dip doing it twice by buying the ink twice) but no lost profit. The upside is a possible free $40 in rewards. If I hadn't already recycled my cartridges this month from the previous deal, I'd do it myself and let you know how it went.

my4mainecoons said:   jebbyjoy said:   i wonder if the Staples gift cards from the visa/mc rebate will make it by this week. that will be awesome to use it on the cartridges.
No way will they be here in time for this deal. They're still making adjustments to payment amounts. Takes 6 wks minimum for a rebate under normal circumstances.
OTH, the MC/VC gc will work just fine for ink purchases.



For HP laptops I find 30 days max

RE:

Mfgrs coupons on the batteries.


The offer is clearly free after rewards.
Not better than free after rewards.

aarzi said:   I'm with MC on this, and a bit more skeptical. Why would someone, who waited until the end of the month for a deal, suddenly recycle inks at the beginning of the month for no apparent reason?

I wanted to test if buying once online sufficed for getting triple ink rewards twice...I was only risking 5 cartridges at the regular $2/cartridge instead of $4-6 if another promo came

This is a different promo though, so it may not work.

Edit: I really need to start reading metsfan's replies before I post

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
Mfgrs coupons on the batteries.

The offer is clearly free after rewards.
Not better than free after rewards.


I think it depends on where you live. For me, in Socal, manufacturer's coupons are considered a "form of payment," just like cash or a gift card, so they don't reduce rewards. I have bought the free after rewards batteries from Staples with manufacturer's coupons many times, and always received the full purchase price (not purchase price less coupon) back in rewards.

yesidonoitall said:   RE:

Mfgrs coupons on the batteries.


The offer is clearly free after rewards.
Not better than free after rewards.


OK...whatever makes you happy.

Me...I'll take my free batteries AND $4.

I'm still waiting for the obligatory reminder about how he doesn't pay sales tax.

BeanTech said:   yesidonoitall said:   RE:

Mfgrs coupons on the batteries.


The offer is clearly free after rewards.
Not better than free after rewards.


OK...whatever makes you happy.

Me...I'll take my free batteries AND $4.


I was just stating what the signage indicates.
If a better than free can be done, I am all for it....
I do get a couple of Sunday papers which surely had Duracell coupons in some,
but I did not keep any, I will in the future.
eBay must have some available also.

yesidonoitall said:   
eBay must have some available also.

How many do you want and what are you willing to pay?

can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.

MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.

Mine came in our local Sunday paper with the rest of the ads. Wasn't included in any particular flyer or coupon packet. Very large, double sided promo flyer.

MeIsCheap said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.

Mine came in our local Sunday paper with the rest of the ads. Wasn't included in any particular flyer or coupon packet. Very large, double sided promo flyer.


so it's it's own glossy ad flyer type thingy, one page?? thank you Meis!

Mine Came in the Wednesday shopping spectacular newspaper (same kind of flyer).

MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.
Mine came in Thursday's paper with all the BF ads. Yes, a one page glossy all it's own. $4 batteries on one side, $5 off furby/batteries on the other.

billrubin said:   1chris1 said:   Last month, I used 2 $1 manufacturer coupons (which did apply as manufacturer coupons), & Staples Rewards applied them proportionally over the items just like a regular Staples coupon. This was the first time it happened, so I wonder if they will continue doing this.Are you in a state where manufacturers coupons are not taxed so Staples has to enter them as a Staples coupon code?

I used the manu coupon and Staples didn't split the coupon.

MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.

Sunday's paper, 1 page insert. Not part of the usual coupon packets (ie red plum)

now on eBay for < 50 cents each.

I posted a picture of it in one of the other Staples threads.

Do toner cartridges get double value, too?

GWBush said:   Do toner cartridges get double value, too?

Yes...toner, inkjet cartridge, etc...

NeuroSynapsis said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.

Sunday's paper, 1 page insert. Not part of the usual coupon packets (ie red plum)

now on eBay for < 50 cents each.



This is Saturday

NeuroSynapsis said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.
Sunday's paper, 1 page insert. Not part of the usual coupon packets (ie red plum)
No, it was Thursday's paper.

billrubin said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   can someone post exactly where these $4/2 Duracell coupons are found. Which insert or reg. newspaper pages and the day of the paper. thanks.
Sunday's paper, 1 page insert. Not part of the usual coupon packets (ie red plum)
No, it was Thursday's paper.


Yeah my bad on that...

I plan on using my $5 off $25 Staples coupon and the $4 man Q on the batteries.

I know my Rewards will be reduced by $5 but I also will save 39 cents in tax and there are no MMs this week (I already bought Kaspersky and I don't want to take a chance with McAfee paying all with Staples Rewards and coupon).

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   1chris1 said:   EDIT: It happened two separate times in October, once in VT / NH where they always enter manufacturer coupons at the bottom...first time was two $1 Duracell & one $1 Command; it shows them pro-rated as $2.38 and .62 over all three items. Next week, I bought only two packs of Duracell batteries and the two $1.50 MFR coupons show up as $3 in coupons.In both cases, the $3 "deduction" was for the $3.00* ($1.50 ea.) instant savings on the batteries, not for the mfr coupons.

* Batteries were $12.49 - $1.50 IS = $10.99.

This is exactly what I said several posts ago.

MrVietnam said:   I plan on using my $5 off $25 Staples coupon and the $4 man Q on the batteries.

I know my Rewards will be reduced by $5 but I also will save 39 cents in tax and there are no MMs this week (I already bought Kaspersky and I don't want to take a chance with McAfee paying all with Staples Rewards and coupon).



Mr. V,

no worries paying with coupons/rewards for the McAfee. they won't penalize you for that since you just send in the rebate form that prints out with what's asked for (UPC, etc).

Only known hassle with McAfee is they like to reject perfectly valid rebates, once you call/write in, they approve it. So although not my favorite way to cash out rewards, I will do them from time to time if it's the only decent FAR offer going. I can say so far in 2012, I've gotten ALL my McAfee MIR's paid out properly, so I can offer some personal feedback on this one.

Do not buy the batteries, $51.99 HP ink, and recycle on the same receipt at the store if Staples is still putting $1.50 instant savings coupons for the batteries on your receipt. Did the triple recycle last October and got screwed out of $20.00 Unbelievably, they are advertising the same $51.99 HP60XL black/ 60 color combo pack I brought, in their ad this week with the battery recycle deal right next to it! Last October Staples generated a $1.50 "instant savings" coupon at the register which made the batteries $10.99 each. Because I "used" $3.00 in coupons, my HP ink purchase was reduced to under $50.00. So no triple recycling 6.00 x 5 = $30.00 for me. Only $10.00

MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   I plan on using my $5 off $25 Staples coupon and the $4 man Q on the batteries.

I know my Rewards will be reduced by $5 but I also will save 39 cents in tax and there are no MMs this week (I already bought Kaspersky and I don't want to take a chance with McAfee paying all with Staples Rewards and coupon).



Mr. V,

no worries paying with coupons/rewards for the McAfee. they won't penalize you for that since you just send in the rebate form that prints out with what's asked for (UPC, etc).

Only known hassle with McAfee is they like to reject perfectly valid rebates, once you call/write in, they approve it. So although not my favorite way to cash out rewards, I will do them from time to time if it's the only decent FAR offer going. I can say so far in 2012, I've gotten ALL my McAfee MIR's paid out properly, so I can offer some personal feedback on this one.


OK. You convinced me. I will take the $44 risk (before tax) and just buy it.

Don't forget the $25/$100 Gift card offer from Duracell if you are eligible (businesses only?) Fatwallet post on the rebate

quarter29 said:   Do not buy the batteries, $51.99 HP ink, and recycle on the same receipt at the store if Staples is still putting $1.50 instant savings coupons for the batteries on your receipt. Did the triple recycle last October and got screwed out of $20.00 Unbelievably, they are advertising the same $51.99 HP60XL black/ 60 color combo pack I brought, in their ad this week with the battery recycle deal right next to it! Last October Staples generated a $1.50 "instant savings" coupon at the register which made the batteries $10.99 each. Because I "used" $3.00 in coupons, my HP ink purchase was reduced to under $50.00. So no triple recycling 6.00 x 5 = $30.00 for me. Only $10.00Did you call to complain about that? That is a mistake on their part nd they should be able to fix it. People have called when other coupons have gotten applied incorrectly, albeit for much smaller amounts.

In any event I was charged $13.99 for the batteries yesterday, no instant savings.

metsfan said:   aarzi said:   I'm with MC on this, and a bit more skeptical. Why would someone, who waited until the end of the month for a deal, suddenly recycle inks at the beginning of the month for no apparent reason?

It wasn't no apparent reason. I was taking a risk that the single online purchase would work for the triple ink rewards promo in both months, and it did. You can even see in this thread where I suggested it might work, and then later in the thread when I confirmed it did.

That doesn't guarantee it will work for the double/double offer, but it's worth the risk IMO, especially if you don't need the HP ink. As a premier member, the downside is you don't get your second $50 of HP ink (if you were planning to double dip doing it twice by buying the ink twice) but no lost profit. The upside is a possible free $40 in rewards. If I hadn't already recycled my cartridges this month from the previous deal, I'd do it myself and let you know how it went.


Mets,

ok, this is a well thought out reply. yes, might be worth the risk if you don't need a 2nd round of HP ink, really have nothing to lose. and if you do need HP ink, then you just buy another $50+ worth on Saturday, same difference really.

thanks to you, Mathfaster and others who've responded on this issue.

my4mainecoons said:   jebbyjoy said:   i wonder if the Staples gift cards from the visa/mc rebate will make it by this week. that will be awesome to use it on the cartridges.
No way will they be here in time for this deal. They're still making adjustments to payment amounts. Takes 6 wks minimum for a rebate under normal circumstances.
OTH, the MC/VC gc will work just fine for ink purchases.
I was hoping he meant from the previous Visa/MC deal, not last week's. There is no way that last week's deal will be sent out anytime soon. But didn't people report that they'd already received the cards from the previous deal?

billrubin said:   my4mainecoons said:   jebbyjoy said:   i wonder if the Staples gift cards from the visa/mc rebate will make it by this week. that will be awesome to use it on the cartridges.
No way will they be here in time for this deal. They're still making adjustments to payment amounts. Takes 6 wks minimum for a rebate under normal circumstances.
OTH, the MC/VC gc will work just fine for ink purchases.
I was hoping he meant from the previous Visa/MC deal, not last week's. There is no way that last week's deal will be sent out anytime soon. But didn't people report that they'd already received the cards from the previous deal?

I received the gc's from the previous deal weeks ago and used them to pay activation fees this time around. So maybe incorrectly I assumed jebbyjoy was referring to the Staples gc for this go-around.

I don't need HP ink so I'm going to try metsfan's DD.

ETA: Where's the Staples Cyber Monday thread? I can't believe someone hasn't started one already...

metsfan said:   aarzi said:   I'm with MC on this, and a bit more skeptical. Why would someone, who waited until the end of the month for a deal, suddenly recycle inks at the beginning of the month for no apparent reason?

It wasn't no apparent reason. I was taking a risk that the single online purchase would work for the triple ink rewards promo in both months, and it did. You can even see in this thread where I suggested it might work, and then later in the thread when I confirmed it did.

That doesn't guarantee it will work for the double/double offer, but it's worth the risk IMO, especially if you don't need the HP ink. As a premier member, the downside is you don't get your second $50 of HP ink (if you were planning to double dip doing it twice by buying the ink twice) but no lost profit. The upside is a possible free $40 in rewards. If I hadn't already recycled my cartridges this month from the previous deal, I'd do it myself and let you know how it went.
Great idea - I'm going to try it. Thanks

MISTERCHEAP said:   Batteries are NEW Rewards offer for 11/25-12/1, can buy 2 more if you bought 2 on 11/23 or 24.

What's the degree of confidence on this statement? I purchased some yesterday and would be more than happy to purchase again today if it's F/A Rewards. I couldn't find where the circular indicates one way or the other.

Thrilla said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Batteries are NEW Rewards offer for 11/25-12/1, can buy 2 more if you bought 2 on 11/23 or 24.

What's the degree of confidence on this statement? I purchased some yesterday and would be more than happy to purchase again today if it's F/A Rewards. I couldn't find where the circular indicates one way or the other.


Last year if you bought Black Friday weekend you were able to buy again starting the Sunday after, so I don't see why anything would change.

MrVietnam said:   Thrilla said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Batteries are NEW Rewards offer for 11/25-12/1, can buy 2 more if you bought 2 on 11/23 or 24.

What's the degree of confidence on this statement? I purchased some yesterday and would be more than happy to purchase again today if it's F/A Rewards. I couldn't find where the circular indicates one way or the other.


Last year if you bought Black Friday weekend you were able to buy again starting the Sunday after, so I don't see why anything would change.




Since Staples week starts on Sunday......
that would be the day you could buy again if bought on the previous Sunday to Saturday

MrVietnam said:   Thrilla said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Batteries are NEW Rewards offer for 11/25-12/1, can buy 2 more if you bought 2 on 11/23 or 24.

What's the degree of confidence on this statement? I purchased some yesterday and would be more than happy to purchase again today if it's F/A Rewards. I couldn't find where the circular indicates one way or the other.


Last year if you bought Black Friday weekend you were able to buy again starting the Sunday after, so I don't see why anything would change.
Today's ad is a fresh start at more FAR batteries.

Dano

For those planning to do the online order of ink, coupon 16570 works for $5 off $50. Might as well get an extra $5 in ink.

billrubin said:   For those planning to do the online order of ink, coupon 16570 works for $5 off $50. Might as well get an extra $5 in ink.

This one might be a good one. It's what I always get for these deals, since I can actually use it.

metsfan said:   This one might be a good one. It's what I always get for these deals, since I can actually use it.That's only $50.39 for me, so no coupon needed. I have to check my stock on ink; my printer uses the 940 cartridges, and I just replaced the magenta cartridge today for the first time and used the extra cartridge that came with the printer. I had already bought the combo pack during an earlier deal. I noticed they have replacement printheads for my printer for $58.49 but no one seems to know how often they need to be replaced.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10:30PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.