• Text Only
billrubin said:   For those planning to do the online order of ink, coupon 16570 works for $5 off $50. Might as well get an extra $5 in ink.
Sweet, anyone know if the online order prorates the coupon on items on the order? My ink is already at $52.xx, wonder if I should be able to get an extra $5 of goodies or not.

wiredspider said:   billrubin said:   For those planning to do the online order of ink, coupon 16570 works for $5 off $50. Might as well get an extra $5 in ink.
Sweet, anyone know if the online order prorates the coupon on items on the order? My ink is already at $52.xx, wonder if I should be able to get an extra $5 of goodies or not.
I'd certainly expect it to on the Rewards site, and that would probably bring you down below $50 once it gets applied, if you only order an extra $5 of stuff.

Apologies.. I know not to use rewards when purchasing ink, but with these deals coupons are OK? If I have 25 off 75 and buy at least $75 worth of ink, I'll still get the double double deal, right? Doesn't look like I'll need anything else this week, so figure I might as well get an extra $25 worth of ink at "no cost". Thanks,

Bill

zquinton said:   Apologies.. I know not to use rewards when purchasing ink, but with these deals coupons are OK? If I have 25 off 75 and buy at least $75 worth of ink, I'll still get the double double deal, right? Doesn't look like I'll need anything else this week, so figure I might as well get an extra $25 worth of ink at "no cost". Thanks,

Bill
Yes, you should be fine if you buy at least $75 in ink before sales tax and use a $25 off $75 coupon. You will only get 20% in rewards on the ink for what you spend OOP. So, 20% on the $50 net in ink not on $75.

fyi,

the McAfee 2013 Total Protection at $49 - $49 mir is a NEW OFFER for 11/25-12/1.

if you purchased this on Thanksgiving Day or prior, you can buy it again!

MISTERCHEAP said:   fyi,

the McAfee 2013 Total Protection at $49 - $49 mir is a NEW OFFER for 11/25-12/1.

I thought Internet Security was the Thanksgiving offer and Total Protection was completely new.

billrubin- I've been buying the 940 ink just because it comes so close to $50. Maybe we should work out a deal

my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   fyi,

I thought Internet Security was the Thanksgiving offer and Total Protection was completely new.

billrubin- I've been buying the 940 ink just because it comes so close to $50. Maybe we should work out a deal

yes maine, you are correct.

there appear to be two free aMIR McAfee titles this week,

Total Protection at $49 and Int Security at $56, have to check if the IS is a new offer as well or just a continuation.

IS is the same offer as last week:

Product: McAfee 2013 Internet Security 3 User
Rebate reward: $54.00 Check
Purchase dates: 11-22-2012 through 12-01-2012
Postmark date: 01-01-2013

Total Protection 1 user was FAR 11-18 through 11-22, took a break for the holiday and came back.

Product: McAfee 2013 Total Protection 1 User
Rebate reward: $49.00 Check
Purchase dates: 11-18-2012 through 11-22-2012
Postmark date: 12-22-2012
Promotion: $49 Mail in Rebate on McAfee Total Protection 1User 2013 (SKUs 959598, 982943, 957355) at Staples
Rebate Offer
Number: 12-27227

Purchase dates: 11-25-2012 through 12-01-2012
Promotion: $49 Mail in Rebate on McAfee Total Protection 1User 2013 (SKUs 959598, 982943, 957355) at Staples
Rebate Offer
Number: 12-29122

my4mainecoons said:   Total Protection 1 user was FAR 11-18 through 11-22, took a break for the holiday and came back.
I bought that 2 weeks in a row recently and just sent in the rebates. I'm waiting to see if they both show up as valid before taking a chance buying it again. Hopefully they'll get processed before the end of the week. I bought Kaspersky, IS and QuickBooks (wish me luck) and got rid of my $174 Rewards check from the month with free after Rewards paper and the ink deal.

where is the cheapest HP ink? Thanks

Usually McAfee has limitation of one rebate per product per year. However, rebate form from Staples does not have that language. So I think it is ok to buy again even if you had bought it before. I haven't tried this so anyone with experience in buying twice and getting rebates?

I bought the McAfee Internet Security 3 user for $54 (using the $5 coupon and $49 in Rewards). Maybe I am behind the times but I noticed no CD was included. Now installation is all done through downloading the software and the only thing provided in the box is a product key needed to activate the software. Is this the trend now not to include a CD? Last year when they were giving the Trand Micro and Kaspersky software away, they all had CDs included. Doesn't really bother me, but I just have never seen it before when they don't even include a CD in the box.

Also, they had an advertisement for a McAfee subscription in which you give them your credit card number and they send you a $20 rewards card for joining their subscription program. Has anyone tried this? Are you able to sign up on their subscription plan for a few months, long enough to get your $20 gift, and then cancel the subscription plan? Might be an easy $20 if you remember to cancel a few months later. I am tempted to sign up for this if you can cancel early before you would get charged for the 2014 version.

Another interesting observation, on the box there is a sticker on it that says theft protection and that my software will not work until purchased and activated at register. Is that true? I noticed they printed the software serial number on the receipt. Does anyone know how that works? I guess once McAfee gets electronic notice from the merchant (Staples in this case) that the software was purchased then the key code included is activated by McAfee. ?

my4mainecoons said:   IS is the same offer as last week:

Total Protection 1 user was FAR 11-18 through 11-22, took a break for the holiday and came back.

Rebate Offer

Rebate Offer
I didn't purchase either McAfee on Thanksgiving - and am planning on buying Internet Security 3 User and Total Protection 1 User since they're different products. Will this work?

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   my4mainecoons said:   IS is the same offer as last week:

Rebate Offer

Rebate Offer
I didn't purchase either McAfee on Thanksgiving - and am planning on buying Internet Security 3 User and Total Protection 1 User since they're different products. Will this work?

Dano

yes, different product and different rebate offer #'s. no worries.

billrubin said:   I noticed they have replacement printheads for my printer for $58.49 but no one seems to know how often they need to be replaced.Without abuse, the earliest they need to be replaced is after using about 20 sets of ink. I have had printers (low priced/good quality) last for 50+ ink changes.

Equal ACTUALLY BETTER offer for batteries at Office Depot
Energizer AA and AAA 16 pack $13.49
free AFTER rewards
limit 2 of each per person per day
Nov 25 to Dec 1

yesidonoitall said:   Equal ACTUALLY BETTER offer for batteries at Office Depot
free AFTER rewards
Nov 25 to Dec 1

Yes, but those won't qualify for the Duracell rebate.

free AFTER rewards
Nov 25 to Dec 1

Staples Rewards are superior to Office Depot Rewards in many ways though. Staples Rewards are easier to cash out with more opportunities to cash out and make MMs, they last twice as long (6 months as compared to 3 months), and they cover the tax when making a Rewards purchase while Office Depot Rewards do not. Not too mention Staples offers Duracell batteries tht qualify for the $25 MIR while Energizer batteries have no such rebate (that I know of at least).

When buying the free after rewards Duracell batteries try to get the batteries that are good for ten years. I bought some last weekend that are only good for 5 years. I called Duracell. They said they have two types of battery expirations: 7 years and 10 years. The ones I bought that expire in 5 years means they were sitting on the shelf at the store for 2 years before I bought them.

free AFTER rewards
Nov 25 to Dec 1

Congrats, you've won the Cyber Monday contest!!
you've won a new screen name!!!!

NoIDon'tKnowItALL

I see it many are not dual store people.
Free is free is free is free...

yesidonoitall said:   I see it many are not dual store people.
Yes but free after rewards is not really free. Its only free if you are going to spend the rewards amount wether or not you have the rewards. Or if you can cash out the rewards and then spend it as you wish. Since from what I hear, cashing out is not possible from OD and rewards does not reduce tax the OD rewards are valued less the the Staples rewards (unless you will 100% spend the money at OD anyway and even with that you still pay tax extra). Free after rebate I would consider free because that money will come back to you and you can spend it as you wish. On top of that Duracell has a $25 rebate so for most people who have not reached the $100 mark, the Staples is a far better "free" deal.

emp1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   I see it many are not dual store people.
Yes but free after rewards is not really free. Its only free if you are going to spend the rewards amount wether or not you have the rewards. Or if you can cash out the rewards and then spend it as you wish. Since from what I hear, cashing out is not possible from OD and rewards does not reduce tax the OD rewards are valued less the the Staples rewards (unless you will 100% spend the money at OD anyway and even with that you still pay tax extra). Free after rebate I would consider free because that money will come back to you and you can spend it as you wish. On top of that Duracell has a $25 rebate so for most people who have not reached the $100 mark, the Staples is a far better "free" deal.

No tax here, I would think if you are not going to use the rewards on buys
many are missing out with the thinking they have to cash out...
Staples and OD surely having something all want.

emp1 said:   yesidonoitall said:   I see it many are not dual store people.

you need to learn about the programs you offer advice about before you post up info like this. Sorry, but the OD program can be equally as lucrative as the Staples if you know what you are doing.

Staples website is showing double ink and recycling rewards with $50 HP ink purchase are through 12/15/12 if you click on the ink banner on the left side of the page.

CasualObserver said:   Staples website is showing double ink and recycling rewards with $50 HP ink purchase are through 12/15/12 if you click on the ink banner on the left side of the page.Good to know. So, a 3 week promotion. Not unusual with this promotion. Able to do once in November and then once again in December and you have until 12/15 for December. No need to rush to the store on Dec 1 if you were planning to do December as if it was the end date for the promo.

I just tried to buy $50.97 worth of ink and it kept discounting it to $48.50. I wasn't buying even more to hit the threshold.

mathfaster said:   CasualObserver said:   Staples website is showing double ink and recycling rewards with $50 HP ink purchase are through 12/15/12 if you click on the ink banner on the left side of the page.Good to know. So, a 3 week promotion. Not unusual with this promotion. Able to do once in November and then once again in December and you have until 12/15 for December. No need to rush to the store on Dec 1 if you were planning to do December as if it was the end date for the promo.

More importantly, someone (not me) could try returning the Dec carts on Dec 1 after buying the ink online in Nov and letting everyone know if the double credit for only one ink purchase works as discussed earlier in the thread before the offer is over.

JamesTKirk said:   mathfaster said:   CasualObserver said:   Staples website is showing double ink and recycling rewards with $50 HP ink purchase are through 12/15/12 if you click on the ink banner on the left side of the page.Good to know. So, a 3 week promotion. Not unusual with this promotion. Able to do once in November and then once again in December and you have until 12/15 for December. No need to rush to the store on Dec 1 if you were planning to do December as if it was the end date for the promo.

More importantly, someone (not me) could try returning the Dec carts on Dec 1 after buying the ink online in Nov and letting everyone know if the double credit for only one ink purchase works as discussed earlier in the thread before the offer is over.

Pardon the obvious, but don't we have to wait for the end of the month to see the x$4 instead of x$2?

I am planning on doing this strategy. I have a surplus of ink and I'm willing to risk the $38.

Has anyone who bought batteries on Friday with the $4 manufacturers coupon checked their Rewards account today? It should be posted and you can report on whether it did in fact deduct the coupon from the Rewards amount this time. I agree with others who said it was the instant savings that people were seeing last time, but I'm curious to see if it's back to normal this time, since there is no IS.

billrubin said:   Has anyone who bought batteries on Friday with the $4 manufacturers coupon checked their Rewards account today? It should be posted and you can report on whether it did in fact deduct the coupon from the Rewards amount this time. I agree with others who said it was the instant savings that people were seeing last time, but I'm curious to see if it's back to normal this time, sicne there is no IS.

Yep, $27.98 in rewards, used the $4 coupon. Bought another 2 packs today.

metsfan said:   billrubin said:   Has anyone who bought batteries on Friday with the $4 manufacturers coupon checked their Rewards account today? It should be posted and you can report on whether it did in fact deduct the coupon from the Rewards amount this time. I agree with others who said it was the instant savings that people were seeing last time, but I'm curious to see if it's back to normal this time, sicne there is no IS.
Yep, $27.98 in rewards, used the $4 coupon. Bought another 2 packs today.
Thanks. There was actually a way to make the instant savings from last time work to your advantage, by buying extra stuff on the same transactions. That way the coupon got attached to the other items as well, and if you bought enough, you got extra from the coupon not being applied to the batteries.

I only bought mine on Saturday so they have not posted yet.

Nov 23 battery buys have posted

NeuroSynapsis said:   
Pardon the obvious, but don't we have to wait for the end of the month to see the x$4 instead of x$2?

I am planning on doing this strategy. I have a surplus of ink and I'm willing to risk the $38.

If someone buys the ink online in Nov, then returns carts in Nov and then again on Dec 1, they might be able to say whether they got double credits on the second one before the offer expires on the 15th to help everyone else out.

JamesTKirk said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   

If someone buys the ink online in Nov, then returns carts in Nov and then again on Dec 1, they might be able to say whether they got double credits on the second one before the offer expires on the 15th to help everyone else out.
I guess if someone did it now and on Saturday and then the rest of us waited until Friday to buy and recycled then and waited for the December set, it could work.

Maybe we should all chip in to cover "someone's" loss if it doesn't work

Can someone confirm when the new week starts with Staples? If I bought batteries on 11/23 when am I eligible to buy more batteries? Also the cashier said it was 2 packs per week, I asked 2 packs of each (AA/AAA) and she said no. 2 packs total. Is that correct?

Lastly, where is the $4 coupon everyone is talking about?

25 off 75

4994 8263 5711 8494

ends tonight

Frogleg311 said:   Can someone confirm when the new week starts with Staples? If I bought batteries on 11/23 when am I eligible to buy more batteries? Also the cashier said it was 2 packs per week, I asked 2 packs of each (AA/AAA) and she said no. 2 packs total. Is that correct?
The new week started Sunday and this was already discussed here. And it's limit two total per week.
Lastly, where is the $4 coupon everyone is talking about?Thanksgiving Day's newspaper. You can probably buy it on eBay.

Frogleg311 said:   Can someone confirm when the new week starts with Staples? If I bought batteries on 11/23 when am I eligible to buy more batteries? Also the cashier said it was 2 packs per week, I asked 2 packs of each (AA/AAA) and she said no. 2 packs total. Is that correct?

Lastly, where is the $4 coupon everyone is talking about?

It starts Sunday in the eastern time zone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014