• Text Only
tangster said:   25 off 75

4994 8263 5711 8494

ends tonight

16 digit coupons shouldn't be shared. that is a one time use coupon. in other words, if you used it, it's already dead, otherwise by posting it here, it's probably already dead!!

thanks tangster, confirmed dead...by me!

If I have already done the triple ink recycling promotion for November and only recycled 5, can I now also do the double ink recycling for 15 with another $50 purchase? For a total of $90 in rewards for ink recycling for the month.

I think I should be able to, but if anyone knows for sure from prior experience I would appreciate it.

Duracell (85.71kB)
Disclaimer
MrVietnam said:   When buying the free after rewards Duracell batteries try to get the batteries that are good for ten years. I bought some last weekend that are only good for 5 years. I called Duracell. They said they have two types of battery expirations: 7 years and 10 years. The ones I bought that expire in 5 years means they were sitting on the shelf at the store for 2 years before I bought them.

FINALLY! I can post some really helpful info.

Look on the back of the battery package to read the date of manufacture. Some packs make it easy, and have it in plain English. Others are coded.

See image at left.

The one on the bottom is easy: produced August 28, 2012.

The top one, 1J18J2, you have to decode:

• 1 = 2011
    J = month, where A = Jan, B = Feb, etc. J = October
    18 = day of month

October 18, 2011

Got it?

I wasn't thinking and used a $25 off $75 coupon on my purchase yesterday ($54 on ink, $20 on TrendMicro, and $45 on the Folgers BOGO). Did I just screw myself out of the double ink rewards by using the coupon? If so, suggestions? Is return & re-buy the only option?

Your help is appreciated - AND IN RETURN, I'm planning to be the guinea pig to do 10 cartridges by the end of the November and 10 more December 1st to see if we can double dip on double rewards. Thanks!

shayis said:   If I have already done the triple ink recycling promotion for November and only recycled 5, can I now also do the double ink recycling for 15 with another $50 purchase? For a total of $90 in rewards for ink recycling for the month.

I think I should be able to, but if anyone knows for sure from prior experience I would appreciate it.

5 more for regular. 15 more for premier.

FatRick said:   MrVietnam said:   When buying the free after rewards Duracell batteries try to get the batteries that are good for ten years. I bought some last weekend that are only good for 5 years. I called Duracell. They said they have two types of battery expirations: 7 years and 10 years. The ones I bought that expire in 5 years means they were sitting on the shelf at the store for 2 years before I bought them.

FINALLY! I can post some really helpful info.

Look on the back of the battery package to read the date of manufacture. Some packs make it easy, and have it in plain English. Others are coded.

See image at left.

The one on the bottom is easy: produced August 28, 2012.

The top one, 1J18J2, you have to decode:

• 1 = 2011
    J = month, where A = Jan, B = Feb, etc. J = October
    18 = day of month

October 18, 2011

Got it?

Very smart! Only one problem. All the newer ones have the easy-to-decode dates. If you see the other type, it's too old. Case settled!

ETA: The weird quotes are not my fault. FW is messing up.

freakinout said:   tangster said:   25 off 75

4994 8263 5711 xxxx
ends tonight

16 digit coupons shouldn't be shared. that is a one time use coupon. in other words, if you used it, it's already dead, otherwise by posting it here, it's probably already dead!!

I usually use my 25 off 75 codes, but after an hour of searching, there was nothing worthy to buy. All the Cyber Monday stuff were out of stock. Instead of letting the coupon expire, I thought someone in FW can use it. It looks like Kirku did.

shayis said:   If I have already done the triple ink recycling promotion for November and only recycled 5, can I now also do the double ink recycling for 15 with another $50 purchase? For a total of $90 in rewards for ink recycling for the month.

Can someone help out by reposting where to buy used cartridges for these ink promos. Thanks

spater said:   shayis said:   If I have already done the triple ink recycling promotion for November and only recycled 5, can I now also do the double ink recycling for 15 with another $50 purchase? For a total of $90 in rewards for ink recycling for the month.

Can someone help out by reposting where to buy used cartridges for these ink promos. Thanks
Amazing new site online where people buy and sell used items... e-something... Ummm ebuy? No, that's not it... give me a minute.... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

[/sarcasm]Look for offers that work out to $.20 per cartridge or less, but expect to buy by the 100s (can find .16, .15, even sometimes .13 per cartridge, but have to buy larger quantities). Usually I find the better prices on ink tanks, like those used by Canon and Epson.

BTW, there aren't any new coupons, are they? Nothing to replace the 5 off 50 that expired on 11/25? I have a 15 off 100, but didn't want $100 worth of ink. 5 off 50 online would have been perfect.

Danzilla said:   BTW, there aren't any new coupons, are they? Nothing to replace the 5 off 50 that expired on 11/25? I have a 15 off 100, but didn't want $100 worth of ink. 5 off 50 online would have been perfect.

There was a 5 off 30 (online and phone) for the 26th (Cyber Monday). Dont know if it will still work
http://f.e.staples.com/i/25/2068345218/coupon85815.JPG?...

I have bought all my emptys from this
eBay seller
zedona
for years

They sell nice clean well packed/stacked ones and for less not so clean and just thrown in a box.
Tanks or with chips.

metsfan said:   Yep, $27.98 in rewards, used the $4 coupon. Bought another 2 packs today.Mine posted, and I got the full amount even though I bought in a state where coupons are entered as a Staples coupon because they are not taxed. In the past the manufacturers coupons have not been deducted, so obviously there has been no change in the policy.

yesidonoitall said:   I have bought all my emptys from this
eBay seller
zedona
for years

They sell nice clean well packed/stacked ones and for less not so clean and just thrown in a box.
Tanks or with chips.
Here's the link for zedona's empties

I know it's posted somewhere, but, Staple's "week" runs from Sunday - Saturday, correct? Gotta start scooping up these batteries before end of Dec

Joe328 said:   I know it's posted somewhere, but, Staple's "week" runs from Sunday - Saturday, correct? Gotta start scooping up these batteries before end of DecYes. My purchase from Sunday posted fine, after also buying on Saturday.

Is there a special SKU the cashier needs to enter when taking my ink cartridges for recycling? I know I ran into problems with this before where there was a special bonus SKU that didn't get used and I got shorted Rewards. It got sorted out, but it was still annoying, so best to make sure they're doing everything right

bjork73 said:   Is there a special SKU the cashier needs to enter when taking my ink cartridges for recycling? I know I ran into problems with this before where there was a special bonus SKU that didn't get used and I got shorted Rewards. It got sorted out, but it was still annoying, so best to make sure they're doing everything right

She has to ring something, they know what to do, you do get a receipt......
The only issue I ever had was she hit 2 instead of 20.....
Just present your rewards card, for most the limit is 10, some of us can do 20.

bjork73 said:   Is there a special SKU the cashier needs to enter when taking my ink cartridges for recycling? I know I ran into problems with this before where there was a special bonus SKU that didn't get used and I got shorted Rewards. It got sorted out, but it was still annoying, so best to make sure they're doing everything right
there's a special SKU for the "recycle 5 non-HP cartridges and buy $50 in HP ink" deal but this is just regular cartridge recycling and cashiers all know how to do that

Ace Hardware has the same 16 Packs of Duracell batteries for $8.99 thru Dec 3 in their printed ad. I'll try to have Staples price match it to save some up front $'s.

Frugalengineer said:   Ace Hardware has the same 16 Packs of Duracell batteries for $8.99 thru Dec 3 in their printed ad. I'll try to have Staples price match it to save some up front $'s.The price on the website shows valid thur 12/31. Let us know if Staples will PM as this could be a real money-saver.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Frugalengineer said:   Ace Hardware has the same 16 Packs of Duracell batteries for $8.99 thru Dec 3 in their printed ad. I'll try to have Staples price match it to save some up front $'s.The price on the website shows valid thur 12/31. Let us know if Staples will PM as this could be a real money-saver.

Dano
It would be detrimental to many.

@ $12.99 x 2 = $25.99 every week, you will have $100+ in 4 weeks, get all of it back as rewards, and can still apply for the $25 rebate.
@ $8.99 x 2 = $17.98 per week, you will be way short.

aarzi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Frugalengineer said:   Ace Hardware has the same 16 Packs of Duracell batteries for $8.99 thru Dec 3 in their printed ad. I'll try to have Staples price match it to save some up front $'s.The price on the website shows valid thur 12/31. Let us know if Staples will PM as this could be a real money-saver.

Dano

@ $12.99 x 2 = $25.99 every week, you will have $100+ in 4 weeks, get all of it back as rewards, and can still apply for the $25 rebate.

Rebate takes copies of the receipts. Just go back and get a price match after you make the copies.

SafetyDance said:   Rebate takes copies of the receipts. Just go back and get a price match after you make the copies.While you are at it, why not buy from anywhere, make copies of receipts, then return to store? Heck, do it a dozen times over, for family and friends.

No further comment....

aarzi said:   SafetyDance said:   Rebate takes copies of the receipts. Just go back and get a price match after you make the copies.While you are at it, why not buy from anywhere, make copies of receipts, then return to store? Heck, do it a dozen times over, for family and friends.

No further comment....

Not to mention, all it does is save you tax on ~32 bucks (2.5 for me). Even if it was ethical, 4 trips to Staples for 2.5, no thanks.

my4mainecoons said:   bjork73 said:   Is there a special SKU the cashier needs to enter when taking my ink cartridges for recycling? I know I ran into problems with this before where there was a special bonus SKU that didn't get used and I got shorted Rewards. It got sorted out, but it was still annoying, so best to make sure they're doing everything right
there's a special SKU for the "recycle 5 non-HP cartridges and buy $50 in HP ink" deal but this is just regular cartridge recycling and cashiers all know how to do that

OK, thanks I think my problem did occur during a triple recycling rewards for 5 cartridges promo, so I'll keep that in mind.

aarzi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Frugalengineer said:   Ace Hardware has the same 16 Packs of Duracell batteries for $8.99 thru Dec 3 in their printed ad. I'll try to have Staples price match it to save some up front $'s.The price on the website shows valid thur 12/31. Let us know if Staples will PM as this could be a real money-saver.

Dano

The rebate started October 1st and Staples had their first FAR batteries at $10.99 Oct 7-13. Add the BF batteries and the current promo of 5 weeks of FAR batteries and you've 7 weeks - plenty to spare. Batteries were OOP $8.99*2 last week after Duracell coupons but earned $27.98 in Rewards; purchasing batteries for 4 additional weeks gets you $111.98 = $21.98+$17.98+8.99*2*4.

Dano

I wonder if this rebate will take printouts of receipts from the Staples Rewards website. I bet I could cull $100 worth of battery receipts from that. Hmm.

What sort of coupons are included with the batteries? I'm still using batteries from last year, and I don't want to open a package.

package (2.47MB)
Disclaimer

cpTOP (2.58MB)
Disclaimer

cpBOTTOM (2.63MB)
Disclaimer
And I said "let there be coupons" bozos 2.1

Those coupons expire on 6/30/2014 too, FYI.

Wow, thanks for the jpgs, yesidonoitall!

Thanks for the info on the emptys

Thanks for the help!
DanoMcGarret said:   yesidonoitall said:   I have bought all my emptys from this
eBay seller
zedona
for years

Tanks or with chips.
Here's the link for zedona's empties

Heads-up on ink prices for Rewards members. Staples is discounting HP ink by 10% so factor that in when you make your purchase to ensure you exceed the $50 threshold. My revised purchase was as follows:
1 HP21 @$15.99-10%=$14.39
1 HP27/28 combo @($45.99-10%)-10%=$37.25
Total = $51.64

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Heads-up on ink prices for Rewards members. Staples is discounting HP ink by 10% so factor that in when you make your purchase to ensure you exceed the $50 threshold. My revised purchase was as follows:
Total = $51.64

Dano

what are you talking about? i see the price for hp21 @15.99?

wksound said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Heads-up on ink prices for Rewards members. Staples is discounting HP ink by 10% so factor that in when you make your purchase to ensure you exceed the $50 threshold. My revised purchase was as follows:
Total = $51.64

Dano

what are you talking about? i see the price for hp21 @15.99?

You get 10% off if you did the generic ink thing a little while back.

no!
manimiao said:   Can I buy batteries with reward coupons and get rewards?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014