• Text Only
Yep, I am no longer worrying about reward theft anymore. It's happened to me *three* times, but I don't think it will be a problem in the future. When they were stolen, Staples had no problems sending me a new code, and quickly.

I wondered for a long time why they didn't change the system sooner, as it seemed like an easy fix. I think they were working with the DOJ to catch the criminals before making the change to prevent it.

New rewards numbers work, but caused all sorts of hassles for me not being able to link my online account to the new number. I think that's finally been fixed just by linking my old numbers to my rewards account.

Edit: I had even gotten in the habit of shredding my rebate receipts/rebate forms (I keep the original receipts) so I didn't throw out my rewards number somewhere someone could find it.

Ink recycling rewards page has been messed up for months. Shows I haven't recycled anything but I've been getting the checks.
Called Rewards last week. They confirmed I'd be receiving $80 Ink Recycling based on Nov. 30 on line purchase and recycling later that same day.
Rewards posted and site showed $40 Recycling reward not $80. Waited until today to see if it would change. It didn't.
Just off phone w/ Rewards again. They saw where I should have received $80 (it was submitted) but what I actually received was $40. CSR had never seen this before, needed to speak w/ manager. Funny thing happened. I was conference called in and heard his entire conversation w/ the manager. Completely appropriate conversation during which CS manager told him to contact higher up. CS asked if he should just issue me another $40 check and CS manager said no, because they might correct it. Of course then we got disconnected...

Long story short. I'm receiving a second $40 Ink Recycling check in my acct later today.

OTH, my December ink recycling shows I'll be receiving $80 for recycling on Dec. 4, piggybacked on to my Nov. 30 online HP ink purchase which because I didn't purchase until after 5PM (just happened that way) didn't post as happening as a purchase until Dec. 3.

If all goes well I'll have the "metsfan bonus" of $80 double recycling in Nov. & Dec. based on the one ink purchase on Nov. 30.

I have a c310a HP printer running out of cartridge
never done ink rewards/recycle stuff before

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/121125/22604/
http://www.staples.com/Photosmart-Premium-e-All-in-One-C310a/cat...

what all can i do to save max / get rewards

mrkk said:   I have a c310a HP printer running out of cartridge

Buy $50+ in HP 564 ink out-of-pocket and recycle 10/20 ink carts on the same day. 20% back in rewards on the 50+ in HP ink. $4 per cart in rewards for every cart recycled up to limit based on your status. If you don't have a rewards account they can give you a rewards number in the store or you can create one online and give them the rewards number when you make your purchase of ink and recycle carts. You can use the $5/$25 coupon but make sure you spend $50+ OOP before sales tax and after coupon.

mrkk said:   I have a c310a HP printer running out of cartridge

Join Staples Rewards to get rewards for ink purchases and ink recycling. Monthly ink recycling limit is 10 carts/ month @$2/cart (Premier get 20) and 10% reward for ink purchases. The double double this month is buy $50 in HP ink, get $4/cart ink recycling and 10% reward for ink purchases.

Dano

I use 564 ink and typically get Item 956112 color $26.99 and 2 (11.99) Item 743478 black for about $51.

I have not contacted them about my missing $40, but I guess I will, given that the transaction clearly shows $80 on 11/30. I just realized that I did not get the 20% ink rebate in my November Rewards check, either. and I ordered before 5pm and it shipped that day. I guess lesson learned is not to wait for the last day of the month.

I never got a reply to my email, but today I got a $50 Rewards Check in the mail. Expires 2 months earlier than it should have if it were issued normally as Premier, but hopefully I will have ample opportunity to use it before then.

billrubin said:   I never got a reply to my email, but today I got a $50 Rewards Check in the mail. Expires 2 months earlier than it should have if it were issued normally as Premier, but hopefully I will have ample opportunity to use it before then.Had the same thing happen to me when they didn't credit me for the HP triple rewards in October - they mailed a $20 rewards check to cover the balance and it had a short expiration. Wasn't a problem with all the BF and FASER deals.

Dano

I chatted w/ CS to get my missing Rewards. When told they'd send me a Rewards check I pointed out that it would expire sooner than usual Premier Rewards. CS said it didn't matter. "As one of our best customers we're going to take care of you. If you have a Reward that expires just give us a call." I'm not a huge spender ($2K this past year) so maybe this is just a Premier benefit we've never needed cuz cashing out the Rewards is never an issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014