• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco has these on sale for 15.99 for 10 AA batteries. This season they should come in handy.

Rarely goes on sale these days.

Bought a pack. Comes with 2 cases.

I like them because they seem to hold the charge pretty well.

Have energizer, piece of crap.

Item no = 637494 if you need.

Member Summary

eneloop
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Wish this was earlier, I got the AmazonBasics rechargeable 8 for $18.

mach6 (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 4:03p) |

Cannot find Eneloop AAA batteries at Hackensack Costco for past 2 months; any info on future availability?

joncohen2 (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 1:18p) |

horizon6 (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 8:35a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great battery. They do hold charge very well.
Also much more reliable than generic brand NiMH battery.

What do the cases look like and each package has 2 cases? No charger like the previous Costco versions?. TIA.

No charger.

fivetalents said:   What do the cases look like and each package has 2 cases? No charger like the previous Costco versions?. TIA.

Various Costco warehouses have had various Eneloop products again over last few months - think these included the following three items:
12 pack AAA two plastic cases to hold 4-5 batteries each ($19.99).
10 pack AA with two plastic cases to hold 4 batteries each ($19.99).
4 AAA/AA slot charger ($6.89).

It has not been the combo packages of AA, AAA and charger that had been sold in prior years at the warehouses.

Guessing OP has now found an $4 IR that makes at least the AA at warehouses an even better value. May also be applicable on AAA at warehouses that stock those now.

The Eneloop AAA have worked well in rechargeable Panasonic Dect 6 phones that use that AAA batteries rather than a custom size battery, although have heard that some have not recommended them for that purpose.

horizon6 said:   The Eneloop AAA have worked well in rechargeable Panasonic Dect 6 phones that use that AAA batteries rather than a custom size battery, although have heard that some have not recommended them for that purpose.

Any cheap NiMH will work. Using any low self-discharge battery is wasteful since you're charging the phone most of the time, so you won't get any benefit other than more expensive.

$1.60/ea is hot for Eneloops. Are these available at all (most?) Costcos? I haven't seen Eneloops at the nearby one in a while.

mcdull said: Using any low self-discharge battery is wasteful since you're charging the phone most of the time, so you won't get any benefit other than more expensive.

Really? The last place to look for a phone in this house is on the charger. Usually they're under the sofa, in a bedroom, pretty much anywhere a charger isn't. It was easier when phones only lasted a few hours or a day off the base. Mine can last several days and seem to move into progressively more unusual hiding spots as time goes on.

Your point stands, that these batteries are at their best for when you need to store a battery for weeks before use. They're ideal for things like flashlights.

Still, they're only a couple of dollars more expensive than decent brand normal rechargeable batteries. That and you know you're likely to get good cells means it's not really wasteful to use these in your phone.

Standard eneloops are also rated for a crazy number of charge cycles. If that holds up to Sanyo's claims, the batteries are likely to outlive most other brands and more than make up for the few dollars extra initial outlay.

mcdull said:   horizon6 said:   The Eneloop AAA have worked well in rechargeable Panasonic Dect 6 phones that use that AAA batteries rather than a custom size battery, although have heard that some have not recommended them for that purpose.

Any cheap NiMH will work. Using any low self-discharge battery is wasteful since you're charging the phone most of the time, so you won't get any benefit other than more expensive.

How much cheaper would the alternate be than these $1.50-$2.00 (x2 in a phone)?
At Costco price the Eneloop are inexpensive for what they are, very good, and work well in the phones (although the worn out batteries in the phone were "standard" NiMH).

albanach said:   mcdull said: Using any low self-discharge battery is wasteful since you're charging the phone most of the time, so you won't get any benefit other than more expensive.

Really? The last place to look for a phone in this house is on the charger. Usually they're under the sofa, in a bedroom, pretty much anywhere a charger isn't. It was easier when phones only lasted a few hours or a day off the base. Mine can last several days and seem to move into progressively more unusual hiding spots as time goes on.

Your point stands, that these batteries are at their best for when you need to store a battery for weeks before use. They're ideal for things like flashlights.

Still, they're only a couple of dollars more expensive than decent brand normal rechargeable batteries. That and you know you're likely to get good cells means it's not really wasteful to use these in your phone.

Standard eneloops are also rated for a crazy number of charge cycles. If that holds up to Sanyo's claims, the batteries are likely to outlive most other brands and more than make up for the few dollars extra initial outlay.
Not to mention the fact that leaving cordless phones on the charger is a sure way to degrade the batteries. The vast majority of cordless phone charging bases are 'dumb' and overcharge the batteries. This leads to a vicious cycle -- batteries degrade -> shorter runtime -> people feel they have to constantly charge the phones so they'll have enough talk time -> batteries degrade further. The series string of batteries exacerbates this problem since no two batteries are perfectly balanced. As a general rule, if the part of the phone holding the batteries feels warm or hot after leaving it on the charger for over a day, they're getting overcharged.

I guess I'm the exception since I charge up the phone til its full and take it off the charger ASAP. On standby (little or no use), a phone can last 5 days on a single charge, though I typically charge before they drop below 50%. Since I have a 2-handset system, I rotate them in use and on the charger. This Uniden system is over 2 years old on the original factory NiCd batteries, mind you. I've seen friends & relatives 6-month old phones not last an hour off the charger because they've completely neglected their batteries by leaving the phone on the charger 24/7. Ultimately it's a design failure on the part of cordless phone makers trying to save pennies cutting corners. But that's the reality of the market.

If anyone is looking for the charger too this is item #666681 for $6.89

peas said:   Ultimately it's a design failure on the part of cordless phone makers trying to save pennies cutting corners. But that's the reality of the market.

You forgot to add, it's also their design for you to go and pay for the overly expensive custom bundled AA/AAA batteries so they can make some profit on the back-end.

This one's a repost but has a much better photo of the product than OP.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1237522

Good sale - thanks for the heads up!

It was REALLY nice when they came with the charger and the "sleeves" that turned them into C and D size batteries when needed.

Are these good for solar lights? After a few years, some of my garden solar lights die on me.

Really good ?

I hope some nerd can answer. I was thinking about it. But did not put my heart for research.

horizon6 said:   fivetalents said:   What do the cases look like and each package has 2 cases? No charger like the previous Costco versions?. TIA.

Various Costco warehouses have had various Eneloop products again over last few months - think these included the following three items:
10 pack AAA two plastic cases to hold 4-5 batteries each ($19.99).
10 pack AA with two plastic cases to hold 4-5 batteries each ($19.99).
4 AAA/AA slot charger ($6.89).

It has not been the combo packages of AA, AAA and charger that had been sold in prior years at the warehouses.

Guessing OP has now found an $4 IR that makes at least the AA at warehouses an even better value. May also be applicable on AAA at warehouses that stock those now.

The AAA are a 12 pack at my store. Five in each case and two loose.

I have had great luck with various versions of the Eneloop over 5 years. In my humid climate (FL), I prefer to use throwaway batteries outdoors, rather than more expensive rechargeables. For fun, read some of "N Lee the Engineer" 's battery reviews on Amazon. He is way smarter than I am and "proves" that Eneloops are a superior product.

if you use both eneloop and regular batteries at home, you may want to keep a log of which devices use eneloop

Wish this was earlier, I got the AmazonBasics rechargeable 8 for $18.

Cannot find Eneloop AAA batteries at Hackensack Costco for past 2 months; any info on future availability?

unumshopper said:   No charger.

See here.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014