70" Vizio smart TV - $1,499 at Costco B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just bought it & can assure you it's obscenely awesome.

Link to TV

Review link

Member Summary

vizio
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I've always been a Vizio fan myself. I've been through a number of TVs over the years because I usually keep them on all... (more)

info321 (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 9:56p) |

I missed the $1499 deal, but waited until last week, when the TV dropped to $1699, no tax and free shipping, on Amazon.

I... (more)

clarkkentesque (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 3:30p) |

For those who mounted this? What kind of mount did you use? First TV mount I'm really buying.

Deetz (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 9:00p) |

Review: http://hometheaterreview.com/vizio-e-series-70-inch-razor-led-smart-hdtv-reviewed/[/L
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What is the model number of the TV and where are you located please? I assume it doesn't have 3D? Thanks.

I saw it online this morning, but it appears they sold out as you can't even find it on the site now. Did you get it in store?

Chris

YeaBabyYea said:   What is the model number of the TV and where are you located please? I assume it doesn't have 3D? Thanks.

No 3D, I wouldn't wear the glasses anyways. 70" e-series.

cboothe said:   I saw it online this morning, but it appears they sold out as you can't even find it on the site now. Did you get it in store?

Chris

There are about 5 left in Naples FL, I purchased it in-store. It's so choice.

The TV is mind-boggling beautiful, I'm just shocked that you can get this type of thin panel for this little money now. I mean I'm hooked for a long while & I just hit Costco for every channel known to man. I'm pretty freaking happy right now.

You just made me buy this thing, just 2 cheap for the size. Now where am I gonna put it?

I know BJ's has had the 70" Sharp for $1499 for the longest time...better TV...Just dont have the model in front of me.

Costco Price - $1500 + $100 shipping = 1600.

Amazon price - $1700 - 2% Amazon TV rewards - 1% credit card card rewards = $1649. For $50 more you get enhanced delivery (worth it?) One caveat - this item on Amazon "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"

WalMart Price - $1700 - 5% FW CashBack - 1% credit card rewards = $1632. Pick up next week or get it delivered for free.

exclusivelysid said:   Costco Price - $1500 + $100 shipping = 1600.

Amazon price - $1700 - 2% Amazon TV rewards - 1% credit card card rewards = $1649. For $50 more you get enhanced delivery (worth it?) One caveat - this item on Amazon "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"

WalMart Price - $1700 - 5% FW CashBack - 1% credit card rewards = $1632. Pick up next week or get it delivered for free.

Add tax to the equation and Amazon is pretty compelling, especially if you don't want to make a store visit. That Costco extended warranty is a sweet deal though.

Chris

+ Tax @Costco/WalMart for most states

exclusivelysid said:   Costco Price - $1500 + $100 shipping = 1600.

Too bad the cutout above my fireplace can only fit a 50"

cboothe said:   exclusivelysid said:   Costco Price - $1500 + $100 shipping = 1600.

Add tax to the equation and Amazon is pretty compelling, especially if you don't want to make a store visit. That Costco extended warranty is a sweet deal though.

Chris

I live in CA so TAX applies to all purchases everywhere

cboothe said:   exclusivelysid said:   Costco Price - $1500 + $100 shipping = 1600.

Chris

$100 more for 5 full years of warranty through Costco, that's like an unbelieveable deal in itself.

thanks OP !
I'm glad I saw your post -was able to get it this afternoon (3 left at the Coleman store in Santa Clara when I left).

At 5am, I bought online, then went to Coleman at 10am this morning. Bought 2 TVs -- they still had about 7-8 boxes at that time. No body new about the TVs, no price tag, nothing. They had to confirm the price from the back and they were surprised too. They said they got the TV this morning. Surprisingly Sunnyvale store never received it.

JohnTheDoe said:   At 5am, I bought online, then went to Coleman at 10am this morning. Bought 2 TVs -- they still had about 7-8 boxes at that time. No body new about the TVs, no price tag, nothing. They had to confirm the price from the back and they were surprised too. They said they got the TV this morning. Surprisingly Sunnyvale store never received it.

These just came today, which blew my mind because I was contemplating the 65" version at Sams for $998 but there was none there. I literally do not have one MM on either side to squeeze even a tiny cord by and had to remove one knob to put it in. Everything is bigger in 70", unreal TV.

Once you go big you only go bigger and bigger. I think 60" is sufficient for my apartment for now.

i3ighead said:   Once you go big you only go bigger and bigger. I think 60" is sufficient for my apartment for now.

We have a larger main room & this is pretty big in here. Then again, we can officially know if a play is going to get turned over because the players are near real height. I'm really blown away by this TV, it's more than I expected in play at the house.

coolbreeze said:   Too bad the cutout above my fireplace can only fit a 50"

Same with mine, but real easy to mount there on the outside of the opening, since the tv is about 3 inches thick in total

It's not thick.

coolbreeze said:   Too bad the cutout above my fireplace can only fit a 50"

Don't let that stop you.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my *** from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer - LET'S DO IT!!

Frame it out far enough to put a flat mount on.

Wish you guys never told me about this

I was hoping to get the Vizio 65" at Sam's for 998 but missed it. With tax it would have been $1057

I can grab this TV from Amazon and there's no tax so it will come to $1700

REALLY don't need anything bigger than a 65, and it seems a waste of money to spend 60% more for only a 5" bigger screen.....
...but having said that this seems to be a REALLY good deal and I'm having trouble passing it up.

What to do... what to do..... hmmm......

Have a sixty sharp quattron 240hz. This a worthy upgrade? Figure 800 in addition. After reselling sharp.

nbha said:   Wish you guys never told me about this

I was hoping to get the Vizio 65" at Sam's for 998 but missed it. With tax it would have been $1057

I can grab this TV from Amazon and there's no tax so it will come to $1700

REALLY don't need anything bigger than a 65, and it seems a waste of money to spend 60% more for only a 5" bigger screen.....
...but having said that this seems to be a REALLY good deal and I'm having trouble passing it up.

If the game is on, you're hosting for it. You'll have to add that expense in here.

nbha said:   Wish you guys never told me about this

Not as simple as "5" bigger screen". If it wasn't mentioned upthread:

60" to 65": ~18% more viewable area;
65" to 70": ~16% more area;
60" to 70": ~35% more area.

http://www.displaywars.com/

That 35% is what swayed my brother from the 60" to the 70".

Jobronie said:   nbha said:   Wish you guys never told me about this

Not as simple as "5" bigger screen". If it wasn't mentioned upthread:

60" to 65": ~18% more viewable area;
65" to 70": ~16% more area;
60" to 70": ~35% more area.

http://www.displaywars.com/

That 35% is what swayed my brother from the 60" to the 70".

It's 96% larger than a 50", whoa.

were you able to get Skype app to download? I couldn't find it on the VIA tab - R

Having a 92" PJ setup in my theater room, there is just no substitute for square inches.

I picked this up this morning at the Arundel Mills Costco. They had 3 or 4 more on the floor. The Greenbelt, MD Costco does not carry these. As of this morning, Pentagon City, VA had 2.

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in this TV in the store. It's not placed very prominently and I think most people are going for the 1k and under TVs.

There were a dozen in Carmel Mountain, San Diego CA.

tadr said:   I picked this up this morning at the Arundel Mills Costco. They had 3 or 4 more on the floor. The Greenbelt, MD Costco does not carry these. As of this morning, Pentagon City, VA had 2.

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in this TV in the store. It's not placed very prominently and I think most people are going for the 1k and under TVs.

Front & center in Naples FL store, literally the first thing you see when you walk in besides the pharmacy.

Got 2 in Whitemarsh MD. Had at least 2 more on the floor (and more in the back I believe).

polishdreamer said:   tadr said:   There doesn't seem to be that much interest in this TV in the store. It's not placed very prominently and I think most people are going for the 1k and under TVs.

Front & center in Naples FL store, literally the first thing you see when you walk in besides the pharmacy.
WPB had it in the middle of the 55"-and-up aisle, not calling attention to it at all. Found two more wrapped pallets of them (4-6 units/pallet) in nearby aisles. Most folks checking out were going for 42" and under, but every one of those folks took notice of the 70" as we were heading toward the checkouts.

Jobronie said:   polishdreamer said:   tadr said:   There doesn't seem to be that much interest in this TV in the store. It's not placed very prominently and I think most people are going for the 1k and under TVs.

WPB had it in the middle of the 55"-and-up aisle, not calling attention to it at all. Found two more wrapped pallets of them (4-6 units/pallet) in nearby aisles. Most folks checking out were going for 42" and under, but every one of those folks took notice of the 70" as we were heading toward the checkouts.

Same experience here -- several people commented on it as we rolled it to the checkout Can't wait to get it up on the wall.

For those people buying today, is the price still 1499 ?? Online it said Mfr rebate one day only yesterday.

JohnTheDoe said:   For those people buying today, is the price still 1499 ?? Online it said Mfr rebate one day only yesterday.

In-store instant rebate is good through 11/26 (and one employee I spoke with said it would likely be extended).

tadr said:   Jobronie said:   polishdreamer said:   tadr said:   There doesn't seem to be that much interest in this TV in the store. It's not placed very prominently and I think most people are going for the 1k and under TVs.

Same experience here -- several people commented on it as we rolled it to the checkout Can't wait to get it up on the wall.

I received the same responses on the way out as well, I backed the wife Platinum slade into the loading area outside & got some jeers there as well.

Skipping 41 Messages...
For those who mounted this? What kind of mount did you use? First TV mount I'm really buying.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014