• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ASUS Laptop with Intel Celeron Processor, 2GB Memory and 320GB Hard Drive @ Newegg - $249.99
compare at $329.99
Free Shipping!

• Intel Celeron B820 Processor.
  • 2GB Memory and 320GB Hard Drive.
  • Intel HD Graphics.
  • 6-cell Lithium-Ion Processor.
  • Windows 8 Processor.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Celery? Really?
I don't like stuffing with celery.

ACandJVR said:   Celery? Really?

This is a Sandy Bridge Celeron. It isn't just similar to an i3; it IS an ultra-low-power i3 minus Hyperthreading. The B820 is the equivalent of a Core2Duo @ 2.3 or 2.4 GHz. It has Intel HD2000 video built-in, which is the same onboard video as the i5-2500K, and it will play games like Fallout 3 just fine.

This is WAY better than the Turion laptops you see in this price bracket.

I believe the bestbuy deal was better. Same model with a pentium chip

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+14%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Me...

Better than the low end mobile AMDs. Got one for my son. I'm doubtful that it will hold up to his abuse, but there are not many $1000+ notebooks that can.

cremefilled said:   ACandJVR said:   Celery? Really?

This is a Sandy Bridge Celeron. It isn't just similar to an i3; it IS an ultra-low-power i3 minus Hyperthreading. The B820 is the equivalent of a Core2Duo @ 2.3 or 2.4 GHz. It has Intel HD2000 video built-in, which is the same onboard video as the i5-2500K, and it will play games like Fallout 3 just fine.

This is WAY better than the Turion laptops you see in this price bracket.

You're wrong about the IGP. It has "Intel HD", which is lower than the HD2000, which is lower again than the HD3000, which is the IGP in the 2500K desktop CPU.

It's also not equivalent to an i3, an i3 has AVX and AES-NI instruction sets, the SB Celeron/Pentium lack those instructions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014