• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HP Envy 14" Touchscreen Ultrabook w/ i3 CPU, 32GB SSD, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Intel HD 4000 and Windows 8 @ HP - $599.99 after Coupon
was $799.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
NB72134 - $150 off

• 14" HD BrightView LED Backlit Touchscreen Display (1366 x 768)
  • Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8Ghz CPU
  • 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory (Up to 16GB)
  • 32GB mSSD and 500GB 5400RPM HDD
  • 4 Cell Battery (Up to 7 Hours 15 Min)
  • Wireless N
  • Intel HD 4000 Graphics
  • 3.98 Pounds
  • Windows 8

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

HP Home
See HP Home coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

You can add backlit keyboard for $20.

Also add about $50 for the tax

I see that you can upgrade to i5 but what about upgrading the graphics card on this model?

Since its an ultra book you cant upgrade the video card on this model. Your only choice is the Intel hd4000.

Don't fret too much about the video card, the HD 4000 is actually pretty good.

Aren't Ultrabooks supposed to be under three pounds? Like an ASUS Zenbook?

What do you all think of this Envy Laptop at Best Buy

$629.99

i7, 1TB hard drive, 8GB ram.

Jizzay1 said:   What do you all think of this Envy Laptop at Best Buy

$629.99

i7, 1TB hard drive, 8GB ram.

I didnt see much talk about this either. Mine already shipped and will arrive soon I hope.

Wait -- that Envy at $629.99 is a pretty sick deal. Better than what I got for BF (Dell XPS 15z with Intel Core i7-2640M @ 2.80GHz and less memory and RAM).

Am I missing something?

mbwd said:   Wait -- that Envy at $629.99 is a pretty sick deal. Better than what I got for BF (Dell XPS 15z with Intel Core i7-2640M @ 2.80GHz and less memory and RAM).

Am I missing something?

Here are the complete specs on the Envy at Best Buy if you want to compare.

Thanks cnlsfg, I compared -- and I think that my BF deal sucked in comparison. Here are the specs on the Dell XPS 15z. The only thing better on the Dell are: 1) screen size (but downside is weight) and 2) 8 cell battery. The processor for the Envy is benchmarked at 7351, versus 4168 for the Dell (higher is better).

So . . . I just bought the Envy and will return the Dell.

Dell Outlet XPS 15z Laptop Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
8 Cell Battery
Elemental Silver Aluminum
90W AC Adapter
4 GB DDR3 1333MHz (2X2G)
Service Software
Internal Backlit Keyboard - English
Internal Backlit Keyboard - English
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 and Bluetooth 3.0
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Operating System DVD
320 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
15.6 inch HD (720P) WLED Display
Microsoft Office Starter reduced functionality Word & Excel w/ads & no PowerPoint or Outlook
DataSafe Online Backup Software
125V Power Cord
8X DVD +/- RW Drive
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel Core i7-2640M Processor (2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50 GHz)

dougpaw57 said:   Aren't Ultrabooks supposed to be under three pounds? Like an ASUS Zenbook?

The ASUS Zenbook also comes with a super annoying fan that'll definitely drive you crazy. It also provides some free backlight bleeding.
(I'm not hating on ASUS here as I am actually an ASUS fan but the Zenbook is expensive and it comes with plenty of unfixed issues.)

Looks like this coupon has expired

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014