• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

SanDisk SDSDB-8192-A11
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

? not hot

yes hot

Did Staples extend BF earlybird sales for just Friday, or all weekend. I think last year they did all weekend. Anyway, I got two of these instore BF morning.

Initially for the rest of Friday; now extended to all of Saturday.

Class 4. OP please put it in the title.

Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

Class 4

Thanks. The microsd adapter cards have been giving me trouble. I needed two cheap regular cards.

aarzi said:   Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

I thought the whole reason to establish the classes was to make easy comparisons?

vandbmdub said:   aarzi said:   Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

I thought the whole reason to establish the classes was to make easy comparisons?

Class has much to do with formatting and compatabliity. It is not all about speed.

JiggleTheHandle said:   vandbmdub said:   aarzi said:   Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

Class has much to do with formatting and compatabliity. It is not all about speed.

An SD card's speed class rating refers to the minimum transfer speed for that card. For example, an SD card with a speed class rating of 2 has a minimum transfer speed of 2MB per second. This does not mean the transfer speed may not be faster at some points, only that this is the minimum speed guaranteed by the manufacturer. These ratings are based on a minimum sustained data writing speed.

Where does this formatting and compatibility come into the argument? Just a question.

Not the best deal. Sandisk Ultra has been $10 for 16GB and $19 for 32GB. That is class 10 30MB.
Frys had a 32GB class 10 Sony for $13 yesterday. Not a good deal

guilty1 said:   JiggleTheHandle said:   vandbmdub said:   aarzi said:   Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

An SD card's speed class rating refers to the minimum transfer speed for that card. For example, an SD card with a speed class rating of 2 has a minimum transfer speed of 2MB per second. This does not mean the transfer speed may not be faster at some points, only that this is the minimum speed guaranteed by the manufacturer. These ratings are based on a minimum sustained data writing speed.

Where does this formatting and compatibility come into the argument? Just a question.

a speed class rating only measures sustained read speed.

I don't know the details, but manufacturers sacrifice random read/write speed in order to increase the class rating.

It's been proved over and over by many benchmarks. Unless you specifically need a higher class, choose lower class to have versatility and save money.

completing said:   guilty1 said:   JiggleTheHandle said:   vandbmdub said:   aarzi said:   Sandisk Class 4 performs better than many Class 10.

a speed class rating only measures sustained read speed.

I don't know the details, but manufacturers sacrifice random read/write speed in order to increase the class rating.

It's been proved over and over by many benchmarks. Unless you specifically need a higher class, choose lower class to have versatility and save money.

Disagree about using the read speed as to the rating.

Most of my cards far exceed the rating as far as read speed, but some are marginal as far as write speed.

I have a Polaroid card class 4 that reads 10 MB/s but only writes at 4 MB/s, thus it meets the requirements of being class 4.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.