• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Parallels 7 for Mac
Disclaimer
Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac - OEM (N82E16832714025) = $25.00
Patriot Xporter Pulse 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - PSF8GXPPUSB (N82E16820220739) = $0.00 (add bundle via Parallels 7 link)
Newegg Prepaid Visa Card Rebate (45074, Limit 1 per household, Expire 11/26/12) = -$25.00

TOTAL COST = $0.00 with Free Shipping

Use Newegg CB for an additional 1% or $0.25 savings.

Manufacture Product Link => Parallels Desktop for Mac

NOTE: This OEM version of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac DOES NOT QUALIFY for a free upgrade to version 8 since the purchase must be made between July 25, 2012 and October 30, 2012. The rebate is being handled by Newegg and not Parallels. They must be trying to clear out their old Parallels 7 stock and throwing a free Patriot 8GB USB Flash as incentive. Since the deal end on cybermonday, I hope they have better deals than this on Monday and not scraping the bottom of the barrel. For FAR, I guess we can't complain too much.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Rebate finally arrived today. I had almost given up hope.

RobL (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 12:28p) |

my rebate arrived today.

cyou (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 7:35p) |

Just updating thread to let people know that they are sending out the rebate for this deal. You can check the status at... (more)

HTN (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 11:44a) |

Please follow the links below if you plan on running Parallels Desktop 7 on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Making Your Copy of Parallels Desktop 7 Mountain Lion Ready

KB Article 113277 - Parallels Desktop for Mac and OS X Mountain Lion Top 10 recommended solutions
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

PD7 won't work with Mac Mountain Lion

Just to clarify - when you add Parallels to your cart, the USB drive will automatically get added. Thanks, OP.

So, for us non-Mac users, this is essentially "8GB flash drive for FAR"?

code65536 said:   So, for us non-Mac users, this is essentially "free 8GB flash drive for FAR"?No, use your MAC emulation software to run Parallels so you can then use it to run Office.

Note: this is for old vers. 7, 8 has been released.

Thanks - in.

courzen said:   PD7 won't work with Mac Mountain Lion

No, it works. Just download the latest update for parallels desktop 7.

Yeah - I don't have any problem with it on my Macbook Pro.

Will this work with OSX 10.7.5? I am not sure if this is Lion or Mountain Lion.

Got it. Use Linux though.. Oh well free flash drive is always nice. If anyone wants the actual software.. Let me know.. Maybe we can work something out.

Got 1. After tax, rebate, FW CB and Discover 5% CB total will be $0.58 plus stamp. Good deal even if I only end up using the flash drive but maybe a friend can use the Parallels. Thanks OP.

good deal, in 4 for 1

Got one!

I never understood the rebate thing. They say they won't to clear stock... by giving the software away?

Or do they hope a % of the buyers won't submit the rebate or badly and they'll keep the money from those sales. Still....

Could someone explain this to me?

Is there any feature in Parallels 8 that makes it a must have? I still keep a PC around for the rare time I need Windows, but it may be on it's last leg.

RichardF said:   Or do they hope a % of the buyers won't submit the rebate or badly and they'll keep the money from those sales.
Yes.

Now OOS, but my order earlier went through
Thanks OP.

courzen said:   PD7 won't work with Mac Mountain Lion

That's just plain incorrect.

OOS

slickdeal45 said:   courzen said:   PD7 won't work with Mac Mountain Lion

That's just plain incorrect.

Doh! I hate it when misinformation keeps me from getting in on a deal.

Deal seems dead -- clicking on the link says that Parallels 7 has been deactivated.

Anyone else find it odd that this says "not for individual sale" on it?

bhoup said:   Anyone else find it odd that this says "not for individual sale" on it?

Hence the bundling with hardware. What is hard to understand about that?

slickdeal45 said:   bhoup said:   Anyone else find it odd that this says "not for individual sale" on it?

Hence the bundling with hardware. What is hard to understand about that?

If you're referring to the free USB drive that Newegg threw in, that really wouldn't have anything to do with it.

To you, perhaps. It satisfies the OEM bundling condition that Parallels puts on that edition of the product.

Rebate finally arrived today. I had almost given up hope.

my rebate arrived today.

Just updating thread to let people know that they are sending out the rebate for this deal. You can check the status at newegg.rebateaccess.com or calling them at 1-800-953-3098 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm PST.

Submission Mailed: 12/13/12
SubmissionReceived: 12/31/12
Prepaid Visa in hand: 03/04/13

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014