• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008TO3YT8

Seems like a good deal for a 46 inch LED, especially if you missed out on any of the Black Friday mega-deals, like I did. $359.99, and free super saver shipping, and no tax for most since it's from Amazon. Unlike most of the no-name TVs I've seen for sales over the last couple of days, this once actually has some reviews, and most of them not too bad.

The price has been fluctuating, I bought it for $349 on Thursday, and it was up to $399 yesterday.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Seiki 46" 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow, im in for 50

I got in on the $349 price on Thursday... Regular Prime shipping and it was delivered today! Set up was no problem, screen is clear, bright and detailed. No frills, but a good, solid looking set. If it lasts a few years, it's a no-lose buy.

Okay, I'll bite - in for one. Hopefully it'll make a good bedroom set.

I ordered one on Thursday night for $349/Shipped. Friday it was marked as "Shipped" however UPS has not received it yet.

Is this better than the Seiki SE401GS 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim LED HDTV for $279

leethyle said:   Is this better than the Seiki SE401GS 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim LED HDTV for $279

Nope....the 46" is $7.82 per inch and the 40" is $7.

From my personal experience with TVs.....its worth the extra $100 to buy name brand. My Vizio died in 13months. For working maybe a few hrs OT, I'd much rather get something that's going to last.

Any interested...I would order two cause this set will be dead in 13 Months...then you can use the second set.

opathal said:   From my personal experience with TVs.....its worth the extra $100 to buy name brand. My Vizio died in 13months. For working maybe a few hrs OT, I'd much rather get something that's going to last.
I'm not sure if there's any correlation between brand and reliability. I have a Vizio I bought back in 2009 and it's still going strong even though it's ~6 hours/day on average. It mostly comes down to specific models from specific brands that tend to have manufacturing/design defects, and those aren't apparent until the specific set has been around for a bit.

belgique said:   Any interested...I would order two cause this set will be dead in 13 Months...then you can use the second set.

Hey thread pooper, where's your support for this?

Doesn't really matter, any good fatwalleter is going to buy using a card that doubles the factory warranty, so if it does in 13 months, AMEX will give me my money back.

Thanks OP, that's what I needed. IN41.

Tacoma99 said:   leethyle said:   Is this better than the Seiki SE401GS 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim LED HDTV for $279

Nope....the 46" is $7.82 per inch and the 40" is $7.

Actually, while your direct math is correct, you are not factoring in the fact that the area of the set goes up in a non-linear fashion, so the 46" has significantly more than 15% more area. I'm not going to look up the two set's dimensions, but if you go on SQUARE inch of display, the 46" is a better buy.

paciorek said:   I got in on the $349 price on Thursday... Regular Prime shipping and it was delivered today! Set up was no problem, screen is clear, bright and detailed. No frills, but a good, solid looking set. If it lasts a few years, it's a no-lose buy.

Jealous! I had to go with Super Saver Shipping, and it hasn't left the dock yet. Glad to hear it's functional and has a pretty screen!

halterk said:   I ordered one on Thursday night for $349/Shipped. Friday it was marked as "Shipped" however UPS has not received it yet.

i wouldn't be too concerned. UPS ground was closed on friday, only air shipments were moving. you'll see it move on monday when they pick up.

It's back up to $399 now.

seiki. .... sounds like sucky?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014