• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Early Cyber Monday deal I think.

Belkin Share N300 300Mbps Wireless-N MIMO 4-Port Router with USB Port $19.99+($5 shipping) w/free return shipping when you pay with paypal at Tanga.com
Link
Supports DD-WRT. I have this unit, and am overall happy with it.
Old thread with useful info.
10% Cash Back from FW too.

Tanga
See Tanga discounts that earn Up to 10.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Belkin N300 300Mbps Wireless-N MIMO 4-Port Router
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is the link working?

encript said:   Is the link working?
Fixed.

Besides no usb, how would you say this compares to the one frys had for 28AR http://www.frys.com/product/6816646

Akiva1080 said:   Besides no usb, how would you say this compares to the one frys had for 28AR http://www.frys.com/product/6816646
Well yours has dual band, but other than that it costs more ($25 vs $38 shipped by the link you posted) and can't be used as a NAS setup because of the lack of usb. Not sure if yours supports DD-WRT.
I can live without the 5ghz band in exchange for usb/NAS support.

In fairness though, the USB/NAS support is pretty limited and throughput performance is nothing to celebrate. I'd rather have the 5GHz personally. I'll swap you one.

Thanks for the response. I'm uber basic when it comes to networking but for the $3 more I paid (assuming rebate is fulfilled) I'll keep it. I was just having my doubts w/ the lack of usb, but more I read about it in the 44 page "old thread," the more I realized it's way over my head and I'd rarely if ever use it.
I'll be content if I can pick the signal up on my laptop 20 feet away unlike the d-link I'm replacing.

Toddler said:   In fairness though, the USB/NAS support is pretty limited and throughput performance is nothing to celebrate. I'd rather have the 5GHz personally. I'll swap you one.
If you are running tomato firmware you have fat, ntfs, and ext3 nas support. That is about as well rounded support as you can get. While it is true that the open source ntfs driver tend to peg out the cpu, you can use the other formats if you really need to. I don't seen any other nas solutions in the $25 mark. It also has DNLA support, so you can use it as a media server too. Unless you are living in an apt complex where the whole 2.4ghz block is saturated, I don't see any significant advantage in needing the 5ghz frequency range.

Thanks I was waiting for good deals for cyber Monday for a wireless router and was very disappointed so I came back here and ordered it now with PayPal. Thanks for the deal.

Condition: New
Warranty: 30 days.
Ehhh

Possible typo?

Thanks OP. Better than all the other non existent deals on routers today

Got my router and now I am looking to flash the Tomato firmware. My model is F7D7302 v1, any one got a different version?
Thanks.

The old thread that the OP has referenced is for a different model than this one. This model does not have Gigabit LAN ports and only 1 USB port. If you are flashing to DD-WRT you can not use the version that is referenced in the old thread. Just and FYI as I ordered this router thinking it was the same model as the old thread. Only to find out it is a lower model.

burner33 said:   The old thread that the OP has referenced is for a different model than this one. This model does not have Gigabit LAN ports and only 1 USB port. If you are flashing to DD-WRT you can not use the version that is referenced in the old thread. Just and FYI as I ordered this router thinking it was the same model as the old thread. Only to find out it is a lower model.

So if I want to flash this with DD WRT what should I use?

burner33 said:   The old thread that the OP has referenced is for a different model than this one. This model does not have Gigabit LAN ports and only 1 USB port. If you are flashing to DD-WRT you can not use the version that is referenced in the old thread. Just and FYI as I ordered this router thinking it was the same model as the old thread. Only to find out it is a lower model.

I flash it DD-WRT fine and it's working right now. The wireless and the basic features are fine. I update it to the big firmware. I am not sure any problem might arise in the future. After flashing it to DD-WRT, it shows up as the F7D7302 v1. The only difference b/w the 2 models are Gigabit LAN ports and 1 vs 2 USB ports. I cannot use Tomato b/c my ATT DSL requires Ppoe authentification and Tomato does not have the settings to do this. At least I could not find it. So I have to use the DD-WRT. So far it works well.

So it's safe to update to dd-wrt? Can you recommend a good tutorial.

I have been using this for months. No problem. No DD-WRT. Dual SSID is helpful. USB/PrintServer not in use yet. Bought from Expansys (I think) for $21+.

I guess it's safe to follow the same tutorial you linked.

Okay everything in the old thread works except for one of the links
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn1...
This is the file you should download if you received the F7D7302/3303

villagepeople said:   I have been using this for months. No problem. No DD-WRT. Dual SSID is helpful. USB/PrintServer not in use yet. Bought from Expansys (I think) for $21+.

Currently sold out at Tanga but, looking at Expansys, it is going for $15.99 right now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014