• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sorry, just found this, and it ends tonight.

Through Bon Ton, you have your choice of two different sets.

Chicago Cutlery« Walnut Traditions 14-pc. Set + $15 Mail-In Rebate

Or

Chicago Cutlery« Essentials 15-pc. Cutlery Set + $15 Mail-In Rebate

I've been searching high and low for new knives, and these have great reviews.

Rebate form

Member Summary

15 Piece Chicago Cutlery Knife Set
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
OP's rebate link is for one of the two products covered by this deal. Rebate form for the other set can be found on this page.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Don't do rebates!

I have never had any trouble with rebates. How have they affected you?

I was 2 seconds from confirming my order on the 15 piece, then looked up these knives on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Cutlery-Essentials-15-Piece-Knife/...

They appear to have rusting issues, which would be a big turn off.

And the 14 piece has wooden handles, which would be a nightmare to upkeep (and isn't very dishwasher friendly).

Great find tho!

I own a similar set from Chicago Cutlery and hand wash with no rust issues. Definitely not for the dishwasher, otherwise they will rust.

WithinRafael said:   I was 2 seconds from confirming my order on the 15 piece, then looked up these knives on Amazon
They appear to have rusting issues, which would be a big turn off.
They're not stainless steel, nor would you really want them to be..And the 14 piece has wooden handles, which would be a nightmare to upkeep (and isn't very dishwasher friendly).You put your good knives in the dishwasher? Apparently we live in very different worlds when it comes to kitchen equipment..

For what it's worth, I have had walnut-handled Chicago Cutlery knives for more than 20 years now and haven't had any problem taking care of them -- I just hand wash them and then dry them (as I would any expensive knife.) They're not really premium knives but they've served me pretty well in the years I've had them and I've got no complaints.

just from that picture you can tell they're really cheap...stamped (there's a time and place for that)

the gap between the heel and the handle really doesn't fit

Nally said:   They're not stainless steel, nor would you really want them to be [...] You put your good knives in the dishwasher? Apparently we live in very different worlds when it comes to kitchen equipment...

If they're premium knives, my opinion is they should survive a mere consumer dishwasher. Though I will admit, I don't think I've ever soiled a knife to the point it needed more than a simple rinse/wipe clean. I'll give them a whirl, my cheap Ginsu knives are falling apart.

Thanks!

Wow! That was super-fast shipping. It was nice to have a knife last night that actually didn't need any extra exertion.

The original poster's "rebate form" link goes to a form for the 15-pc. "new essentials" set, which I only realized after I had received my 14-pc. "walnut traditions" set.

If, like me, you need the other rebate form you can find it here, along with all of the rest of Bon Ton's rebate forms.

Yikes! I hope they will accept it! OI didn't even catch that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014