• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Standard Switch (8 x 10/100/1000Mbps)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QUA6RA/...

Top rated by users 4+

Update : Now $19.49

Update : Now $19.99

NEED 11 MORE GREEN PLEASE

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Shipping at $6 and tax kills it for me. With Amazon it was free 2-day via Prime, no tax

CaptQ (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 11:45p) |

My new house has ethernet cables run to most rooms (great room, family room, bar, office, and bedrooms), so I have a 16 ... (more)

Beckles (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 9:33a) |

I plug in my Roku, PS3, PS3, Yamaha Receiver and my Vizio TV to it.

Especially for streaming HD, wireless doesn't always ... (more)

izzy411 (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 4:10p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I have three of these and they all work great. This is a good price also.

Thanks, I ran out of ports the other day and ended up falling back on an old 10Mbit hub I had around, with this I can put it into retirement!

Thanks OP, in for 1.

Thanks OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case this pushes anyone to pull the trigger: the shipping is free standard shipping (not FSSS), which means that neither a $25 checkout amount nor Prime are required for the FS.

Drat, just bought it for 27$ last week from Amazon. Wonder if 9$ is worth sending it back...... Yessss!

Thanks OP, great find!

Might want to put the model in the title... or at least the OP, OP...

TEG-S80G

In for 1. Thanks OP.

see if Amazon will price match you for it. i have done it before on a few items and a week later it was a few bucks cheaper at Amazon
stratman71 said:   Drat, just bought it for 27$ last week from Amazon. Wonder if 9$ is worth sending it back...... Yessss!

Nice find OP! In for one.

Got one. Thanks

Needed one, thanks...

AT present I don't need it..Still ordered one.

Fatwallet effect

this is good price. I bought a couple of months ago at $19.99 from new egg and quite happy with it.

Newegg.com also has this switch, but for $19.49, FS and tax free (for me, but not @ Amazon). For folks who prefer Newegg and have high tax rates (although some do have no tax at Amazon).
Trendnet TEG S80G

Thanks, just in time for reworking current setup.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this switch? from Newegg.com? Netgear 5 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (GS605AV) for AV use (other than fewer ports?)

Got 3, thanks. FYI same price at Frys but this beat me driving there and fighting the crazy crowd..Thanks OP!!!

Can someone please explain the difference (or post a link) that explains "managed" vs "unmanaged" switches, and which is "better"?

In for two

And can somebody explain, in simple terms, what is this thingy used for?

v1rok said:   And can somebody explain, in simple terms, what is this thingy used for?

You have 1 Ethernet cable coming from the wall and you want to connect up to 8 Ethernet cables to multiple different devices.

barbeque said:   v1rok said:   And can somebody explain, in simple terms, what is this thingy used for?

You have 1 Ethernet cable coming from the wall and you want to connect up to 8 Ethernet cables to multiple different devices.

You mean up to 7 ethernet cables to multiple different devices...

Price just went up to $19.49. Still worth it. Pulled the trigger. Thanks OP.

Bump!

$20 at NooEgg w/free shipping. For those with a Frys nearby, they have this in stock and will PM to Newegg. BTW, it was $18 at Frys yesterday.

If you don't need gigabit: 10/100 version for $15

ablang said:   Can someone please explain the difference (or post a link) that explains "managed" vs "unmanaged" switches, and which is "better"?

Managed means you can log into it either through a web interface or a command line interface and change settings in the switch. You'd do this to set up things like VLANs (virtual LANs) on specific ports and managed switches are commonly only found in enterprises.

Unmanaged means that you can't make any configuration changes within the switch itself, which is fine for 99.99% of home users. Unmanaged is really another way to say "plug and play".

Now $19.99

Bump!

Couldn't remember myself what managed vs unmanaged meant...so googled and found this...

http://www.wirelessforums.org/alt-comp-hardware/managed-vs-unman...

Is the price still 19.99?

Is this a different item? http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unmanaged-GREENnet-Auto-Negotiati... If so, how is it different?

bestdealseaker said:   Is this a different item? http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unmanaged-GREENnet-Auto-Negotiati... If so, how is it different?

5 port vs 8 port

Dang it is showing for $29.99 now... I need to read these sooner. Thanks OP for the heads up.. my switch only has one free port on it.

What do you home users plug into all the ports? I need to know what other devices I should purchase on fatwallet to make use of something like this and impress all my geeky friends.

Skipping 7 Messages...
I plug in my Roku, PS3, PS3, Yamaha Receiver and my Vizio TV to it.

Especially for streaming HD, wireless doesn't always cut it for me.
Switches are the way to go.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014