• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
bestdealseaker said:   What do you home users plug into all the ports? I need to know what other devices I should purchase on fatwallet to make use of something like this and impress all my geeky friends.
If you live in the house that has 8 rooms including bathroom and garage, you can take advantage of this.

bestdealseaker said:   What do you home users plug into all the ports? I need to know what other devices I should purchase on fatwallet to make use of something like this and impress all my geeky friends.

Basement
Kitchen
Family Room
Living Room
Library
BR1
BR2
BR3
BR4
Garage

I haven't even wired the bathrooms yet and I need a 16-port

1 - cascade to another switch
2 - HDHomerun Prime
3 - Router
4 - media center PC
5 - media center extender
6 - media center extender
7 - media center extender
8 - open for occasional large xfers to laptop

Yes, my router has a 4 port switch in it but it's better to have my 3 extenders, media center, and hdhomerun prime on the same switch.

I have 3 of this too. All work great.

kcote said:   Ok I found it still alive on

http://www.microcenter.com/product/307605/GREENnet_TEG-S80G_8-Po...

Shipping at $6 and tax kills it for me. With Amazon it was free 2-day via Prime, no tax

bestdealseaker said:   What do you home users plug into all the ports? I need to know what other devices I should purchase on fatwallet to make use of something like this and impress all my geeky friends.My new house has ethernet cables run to most rooms (great room, family room, bar, office, and bedrooms), so I have a 16 port switch in the basement connecting our AT&T router to all the ethernet drops, but in some rooms I need to hook up more than one device (e.g., the office I have a computer plus a network printer and in the family room I have a PS3 and Smart TV), so I need another small switch in those places to plug more than one device into the single ethernet outlet.

I prefer to hardwire things like the PS3 and Smart TV's in instead of using their built-in wireless, seems to be more stable and fast.

I plug in my Roku, PS3, PS3, Yamaha Receiver and my Vizio TV to it.

Especially for streaming HD, wireless doesn't always cut it for me.
Switches are the way to go.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014