• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

30-Pack AA Alkaline Batteries
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
These made in China batteries would be overpriced at any price. They not only won't last as long but will not provide t... (more)

str8shot (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 1:23p) |

Picked up two boxes with my 10% off for military discount.

djHobbes (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 2:43p) |

I'm not a huge fan of alkalines, but its good to have around. Thanks OP.

TheNewbGuy (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 5:03p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 1

Haven't heard about this brand. Will it be a safe buy? I am worried if they may leak or even explode. Someone knowledgable please help me.

Utilitech Batteries are bad from my experience. Lasted approx 1/3 the time of an energizer...

Thanks a lot for the information,roamerr.

They will not explode and are safe. They may not last as long as a name brand but they do work.

roamerr said:   Utilitech Batteries are bad from my experience. Lasted approx 1/3 the time of an energizer...yet only 1/4 the price!

i usually buy a brick of batteries every black friday. and this will be no exception. decent enough batteries and plenty of others can vouche.

I think the 24 AA /24 AAA Rayovac pack @ HomeDepot for $7.88 is the better buy, if you have a need for AAA. There is also a $1.75 off 2 @ coupons.com

At 12 cents per battery these are great. I buy bricks at 23 cents each on a regular basis. I'm going to buy 13 of these and use a $10 off $50 coupon for a cost of 10 cents each and I eon't buy any more AA's dor years. (they have a 7 year shelf life)

My price point for alkaline AA batteries is below 25 cents is a good.

Just picked some up and installed.. Working just fine for the price.. Thanks.. Russ ... What 10$ code you using ? I may just do that too..

Is it the same price if I bought these in the store?

djHobbes said:   Is it the same price if I bought these in the store?

Yep, 4 bucks. I got some yesterday. Price is good until Monday.

russellt said:   At 12 cents per battery these are great. I buy bricks at 23 cents each on a regular basis. I'm going to buy 13 of these and use a $10 off $50 coupon for a cost of 10 cents each and I eon't buy any more AA's dor years. (they have a 7 year shelf life)

My price point for alkaline AA batteries is below 25 cents is a good.
Crunching the numbers, it's more economical to use the low-self-discharge Eneloops. They're rated for 1500 charges and retain their charge up to 3 years. At $1.60 per cell, charging them just 10 times brings the cost per use to 16 cents. 100 charges takes it down to 1.6 cents, and if you live long enough to get 1000 charges it's down to 0.16 cents. It really doesn't make financial sense to hoard throw-aways anymore unless you're putting them in gifts to give away. Rechargeables got a bad rap years ago for not holding charge in storage and having the "memory effect", but Eneloops have completely changed the ballgame.

kumarsrin said:   Haven't heard about this brand. Will it be a safe buy? I am worried if they may leak or even explode. Someone knowledgable please help me.
Overthink things much? You better not go outside either, I heard the sky is falling...

... iof you are going big on this one,
there are 10% off codes on the SD thread.

kumarsrin said:   Haven't heard about this brand. Will it be a safe buy? I am worried if they may leak or even explode. Someone knowledgable please help me.
I wouldn't take a chance on these no-name batteries. I got a great deal on several hundred last year of a different no-name brand, and they leaked within a month in my closet. The acid got on everything that surrounded the bag containing the batteries. (I never knew batteries would leak that much!) I will only buy name brand now.

I was Just voicing my thoughts and was asking for suggestions. I don't want to get in to any arguments here. Is it wrong even to check out with some one knowledgable. Is this the importance we give to consumer awareness in this country or just the herd mentality towards anything and everything cheap? Either way, I think we should ask more and learn from others. I was asking for suggestions, not criticisms. If you want to criticize look for someone else.

The above response was only to ilikechickentacos. Thanks to others for the information shared.

You are absolutely right, these things do explode. They are made by the taliban

in 4 a few Was waiting for this deal again. Bought last year. good deal. Thanks for posting

Was about to jump into my car and drive 12 miles to go get one when I realized that aftera round trip I will use a gallon of gas and when it is all said and done,
I have spent $3.6 for gas, $4 for batteries and time.

Here Home depots every 2 miles but Lowes you gotta drive compared to some places in east coast.

10% code: 470218415921370

YMMV

I use these and other cheap brands for remotes and kid toys. The remotes don't use that much power and the kids usually leave their toys on draining the batteries anyway.

PugRanch said:   10% code: 470218415921370

YMMV

10% worked for me. TY PugRanch and TY OP. Also used my Lowe's Credit Card for an additional 5% off. Total after tax was $7.32

As my wife says, 'They are good enough for the kids to put in their *INSERT NAME OF ELECTRONIC TOY* and leave on all night."

great deal, good enough product... thanks for the post OP

They definitely don't last as long as the brand name batteries, but they make up for that fact in cost! I usually purchase a few of these packs to get me through the year...

Sweet deal! Def will pick up a few.

roamerr said:   Utilitech Batteries are bad from my experience. Lasted approx 1/3 the time of an energizer...

I think it depends a lot on the device. In low drain stuff they are much better than 1/3. Prolly 60-70% in things like mice or clocks.

After 1 year I'm at the end of my 2nd box and have never had an issue with extremely short life or leaking of any sort.

I bought two different packs of these a while back...9 volts and AA both leaked and the caps on the 9 volts fell off of the batteries before they even got used.

These made in China batteries would be overpriced at any price. They not only won't last as long but will not provide the performance new of made in the USA batteries such as Ray-O-Vac and Duracell. Ray-O-Vac batteries in particular are a good value and often go on sale in home improvment stores.

Picked up two boxes with my 10% off for military discount.

I'm not a huge fan of alkalines, but its good to have around. Thanks OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014