• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Long time without a post from me, so hopefully this helps some people.

So Amazon is running a $10/$50 Victorinox knives special, and in my quest to order one, I noticed that the promo discount was hitting twice. I placed two more orders and the same thing happened. Victorinox makes some of the best pocket knives out there, so if you're in the market, this can be fantastic. Hopefully this isn't a repost.

Two that are excellent deals with the $20 off are:

Work Champ

Rescue Tool

Member Summary

Work Champ
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you've received your order confirmation email then it's done. It's an FTC issue if they try to cancel the order or c... (more)

Razzierb (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 2:43p) |

It's not an FTC issue. It's clearly a pricing error (i.e., the discount was advertised once, but applied twice), and th... (more)

ThinnerWallet (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 5:09p) |

Got mine in the mail, the double discount stayed. Amazon comes through as usual...

drupha (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 8:01p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

take the money, buy a Leatherman instead

Awesome. Thanks for sharing

in for the Rescue Tool -- after the Discount Doublecheck, it beats the lowest price from four years ago per the camel...
thanx OP.

Discount is on any Victorinox Swiss Army Knife over $50, so the $55.99 Swiss Champ comes in at $35.99. Not my thing, but a good deal. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001GS19U/...

buy 3 knives, plus tax $34

good deal,only ~10/each

good for gift

lordoffire said:   take the money, buy a Leatherman instead

Or anything else, these aren't what they used to be for sure.

drmorb said:   lordoffire said:   take the money, buy a Leatherman instead

They never were. Wenger is the brand to go to.

aarzi said:   drmorb said:   lordoffire said:   take the money, buy a Leatherman instead

They never were. Wenger is the brand to go to.

I had one 20y ago that was excellent.

Worked great! Green for you.

Didn't work on all listed knives but I found a combination that did work for me. Thanks, OP

Thanks OP, in for one.

In for a Rescue Tool (Christmas gift for my near-Eagle 13 y/o), and three Climber IIs.

Thanks OP!

I bought one of each you recommended for gifts! Great tip-thanks! I had to purchase them separately to get the deal applied to each one.

Thank you!!!

Got the Rescue Tool and Free 1 day shipping using my Discover Card.
Thanks OP!

thanks, placed several orders with different combinations including these two for $33.69:
1 of: Victorinox Swiss Army Cadet Pocket Knife (Silver Alox, Ribbed) [Sports]
$20.70
1 of: Victorinox Swiss Army Trekker Multitool [Sports]
$32.99

Three climbers for 32 bucks is a great deal. This is my everyday knife and has everything you really need but is not too heavy in your pocket. I've even field dressed deer with it. Picked up three for stocking stuffers. Thanks OP.

2 Rescue tools for 68 delivered. Thanks OP.

Nice. In for a few (gifts). Also opted for the standard shipping, netting $6 for movies (two orders, $3 promo each). They will arrive soon enough.

IN FOR 3 CLIMBERS~! $35~ GREAT DEAL~

Thanks OP - In for a Rescue Tool

Thanks OP! I usually buy 3 of the climber IIs at this time of the year because I use/abuse/lose them during the year and like to stock up because Amazon has the $10 off $50. I ended up buying 9 total 3x3 purchases and got the -10 x2 for each transaction. Awesome deal!

Looks like they fixed the double discount.

Yeah, only applying once now...

Yep, it's dead. I guess the massive spike in orders tripped a flag SMS to the programmer, who promptly logged in and fixed this little screw-up.

Now, wonder if we will actually get the "double dip" orders that were placed?

Looks like the single discount is gone as well.

My order is listed as shipped and no adjustment to the double discounted invoice.

If you've received your order confirmation email then it's done. It's an FTC issue if they try to cancel the order or change the terms.

It's not an FTC issue. It's clearly a pricing error (i.e., the discount was advertised once, but applied twice), and the store is completely within its rights legally to cancel the sale.

Got mine in the mail, the double discount stayed. Amazon comes through as usual...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014