• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother MFC-J430w Inkjet All-in-One $50 @ Staples

Printer is actually $49.99. Pad your order with paper clips or something else small to get $5 off $50 order with coupon code 16570.

Generic ink is incredibly cheap for this printer.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Brother MFC-J430w
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
$10.11 for one set, and $15.95 for two.

aarzi (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 8:38a) |

or $21.98 for 4 sets w/shipping = $1.38 per cart = $10.02 profit after turn in at Sta ples.

I always had good luck with t... (more)

dafish (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 9:32a) |

I missed that. Much better buying 4 sets and becoming carefree. $22.91 for me. Maybe a special code will come along.

aarzi (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 9:38a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TheRatsWon said:   Generic ink is incredibly cheap for this printer.Printer isn't shabby either. Best of both worlds.

My own preference is Canon for the same two reasons: great quality, cheap ink. Plus I like the looks better.

Got one of these a few weeks ago - prints well, and I really like the tablet/phone integration (iOS and Android) - especially since you can scan to PDF and do rotation/cropping without using a PC. Haven't tried the fax yet.

Best printer I've ever owned. It works everytime and I can get cheap ink from eBay or Meritline.

zoid99 said:   Best printer I've ever owned. It works everytime and I can get cheap ink from eBay or Meritline.

And Amazon! Got 24 for $13+, free shipping with prime.

Interestingly OD had this for same price (no $5 coupon though) for BF and yesterday. So this is a really great deal.

Are the batteries that are free after rewards available online to use as a filler?--Anyone?

Thanks OP. Good deal

If you buy the cheap generic ink cartridges they cost less than $2 you can then take them to Staples and get $2 in credit. I have benn doing this for some timee with ink from Meritline.

I have to agree with all the positive posts on this printer. First wireless printer I've ever owned, can't imagine going back to a wired setup.

Ink is incredibly cheap, as mentioned (got mine from Amazon). I've only had to change the black cartridge once, but the replacement ink shows no difference in quality on paper.

ljderm said:   Are the batteries that are free after rewards available online to use as a filler?--Anyone?

No. In store only.

For those who have a $20 off $99 Staples mobile app printer coupon you MAY be able to get this printer for $30 after the coupon. Buy at the kiosk and pay at the register and have the coupon applied. It works as the printer is $99 online with $50 of instant savings. The instant savings should show on the printout for the cashier to scan. In previous kiosk orders this has come off w/o intervention so not totally sure what scenarios could be for this offer. In any case, get them to scan the instant savings if necessary and then give them the mobile app coupon for another $20 off. YMMV.

Thanks OP. I've been looking for a decent wireless color printer for a while now. This is the first one I've seen for a decent price and it is a good brand.

man, I remember those good times with Staples copons from e-junkee. I guess they are gone for ever.

Is there any difference between this and the j435w model?

HappyGuy said:   Is there any difference between this and the j435w model?

5 digits.

respdoc said:   HappyGuy said:   Is there any difference between this and the j435w model?

5 digits.
Yep. One can go to the Brother web site and find that the model numbers are different for different vendors but the printer is identical.

ljderm said:   Are the batteries that are free after rewards available online to use as a filler?--Anyone?You wouldn't want to do that with this item, anyway. If there is an instant savings coupon involved, it would attach itself to some of the battery price and cause your Rewards payment to be reduced on the batteries.

16570 coupon code does not work with this item.

BestBuy has the same printer at the same price - Printer

16570 is no good

anontemp123 said:   16570 coupon code does not work with this item.
millertime83 said:   16570 is no good
Coupon 16750 was only good for BF Weekend and expired on 11/25.

About 2 years ago I bought a Brother ink jet combo printer/scanner/fax. The darn thing does not work if it thinks the ink is low. The problem is that it always thinks one of the cartridges is low. I truly hate this thing and swore off Brother products as a result. Can someone tell me if this has that same issue with shutting down if it thinks the ink is low. BTW, I have not been able to trick the sensor like I did with the laser printer.

No coupon code needed now, seems Staples has matched Best Buy's price online.

Add the printer to your cart and go to checkout and the $49.99 price is shown.

Brother Ink Fix
Disclaimer
Mandamus said:   About 2 years ago I bought a Brother ink jet combo printer/scanner/fax. The darn thing does not work if it thinks the ink is low. The problem is that it always thinks one of the cartridges is low. I truly hate this thing and swore off Brother products as a result. Can someone tell me if this has that same issue with shutting down if it thinks the ink is low. BTW, I have not been able to trick the sensor like I did with the laser printer.

I posted how in another thread about this, but can't find it.

Here's a link that describes how.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7168059_reset-brother-lc51-cartridge.htm...

Basically you put a piece of tape over the little window that shows ink level.

Attached pic shows where.

Worked for me (on lc75) as I noticed the printer says they are empty even though they appear to be half full.

I used regular masking tape.

edit: This is the link I got the trick from.

http://journal.drfaulken.com/trick-your-brother-inkjet-into-work...

The other link explains why it happens
"Brother print cartridges such as the LC51 have a sensor that responds to an LED light within the printer to monitor the ink level. As long as there is ink in the cartridge, the LED light cannot pass through it and the printer operates normally. If the LED light is able to pass through the ink cartridge, a sensor picks it up and the printer assumes that the cartridge is empty, even if there is still ink in the cartridge--leading to error messages. You can reset the ink cartridge to "think" that it is full again and continue using the cartridge by covering the sensor."

Do you have to trick the one in this post also?

Mandamus said:   About 2 years ago I bought a Brother ink jet combo printer/scanner/fax. The darn thing does not work if it thinks the ink is low. The problem is that it always thinks one of the cartridges is low. I truly hate this thing and swore off Brother products as a result. Can someone tell me if this has that same issue with shutting down if it thinks the ink is low. BTW, I have not been able to trick the sensor like I did with the laser printer.

Mine start notifying me when ink gets down to about 20%, but I run them down to absolute zero without issue. It will "print" with completely empty cartridges if you're willing to accept the resulting page.

BTW, mega ink deal posted here-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1238433/

Mandamus said:   Do you have to trick the one in this post also?

This is the model I have and yes I had to trick it. I am still on the original color cartridges that came with it. I replaced the black when it told me it was out before I came across this trick. The new black cartridge is a cheapy from Meritline and I have not had to trick that one. So it could be just on the OEM cartridges that came with it.

Ordered one, then saw the Canon PIXMA MX892 dropped to $69, so I had to cancel it and grab that one. The MX892 seems to be a more polished product with better print quality, although it does cost $20 more. Plus it offers true iOS Airprint capability (without app).

In 4 4 for our office from quill.com.Around $38 each sfter $50 coupon,no tax.

Mentioned on another deal site... if you have a $20 off $99 printer coupon from the Staples App, you can order in-store for delivery to store (or home? Not sure about shipping.) Then just try and use the $20 coupon when paying the cashier... IF they let you. If they read closely, most all those Staples App coupons exclude use with other coupons or instant savings, which is how the $50 off the $99 regular price is figured. Make sure and watch that they scan BOTH barcodes on the kiosk printout. The first is for the item and the second is for the $50 off instant savings 'coupon'.
Cost me $32.46 out the door.

steph280 said:   Ordered one, then saw the Canon PIXMA MX892 dropped to $69, so I had to cancel it and grab that one. The MX892 seems to be a more polished product with better print quality, although it does cost $20 more. Plus it offers true iOS Airprint capability (without app).Wow! The MX892 is back up to $199.xx

These are $59.99 now thru 12-8. You can use the 20% coupon in this thread Text
(good 12-7 and 12-8) and buy in store for $47.99 after coupon if you missed the original deal, which I did.
Reserved one for store pickup and will go in Friday with the coupon.

I absolutely hate this printer. After it goes to sleep, I can never connect to it to print even thought it'll scan. Can't figure out what the *ck is wrong. I have to install and uninstall to get it working (the IP port is hard set).

ARgh!

cr3s..I have it setup on wireless and it works fine for me..Do you give it a static ip? And does the printer show up on your router as connected..

Anyone actually bought any of the cheap generic ink refills? They are available at various Amazon vendors, Meritline etc. but folks say they either work great, or are cheap cr*p and leak in their printer.
I am out of yellow.

I've used a continuous-ink-supply-system for this particular printer; it's been working great. Here's the exact CISS I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Non-OEM-CISS-CIS-Ink-System-for-Brother-...

robby69 said:   Anyone actually bought any of the cheap generic ink refills? They are available at various Amazon vendors, Meritline etc. but folks say they either work great, or are cheap cr*p and leak in their printer.
I am out of yellow.
If anyone has had a good (or bad) experience, please mention the seller as well. Thanks.

aarzi said:   robby69 said:   Anyone actually bought any of the cheap generic ink refills? They are available at various Amazon vendors, Meritline etc. but folks say they either work great, or are cheap cr*p and leak in their printer.
I am out of yellow.
If anyone has had a good (or bad) experience, please mention the seller as well. Thanks.
Just search the forum for past threads. Ink sources have discussed thoroughly in prior threads. Mr. C would tell you to buy the G&G inks from Meritline when they have a sale.

I concur on the G&G brand. Occasionally, you would find good product on Amazon at a decent price, but the reviewers either fail to, or are disallowed from mentioning sellers' names. I don't want to order blind.

I use the G&G from Meritline.com as well. They work fine in my MFC-420CN.

Skipping 4 Messages...
I missed that. Much better buying 4 sets and becoming carefree. $22.91 for me. Maybe a special code will come along.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014