• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
32GB Asus Nexus 7 7" Android 4.1 Tablet (Asus-1B32)$224.99 + Free Shipping or in-Store Pickup at Sears.com

Unfortunately shipping is OOS now, but seems to come and go so check back if that's what you want. Store pickup may be up to two weeks, not sure why if they say it's available.

Link

This comes with a free 8gb micro SD card, but it appears to be sold out now (has to be sold by Sears). Maybe you get it when it's back in stock, not sure how this works.

Kmart has a similar deal but their Nexus is regular priced, so if there is a Sears nearby to pick up this may be better.

Don't forget Discover CB, 10% through ShopDiscover and 5% for online purchase to make this $224.99 - ($22.50) - ($10.02) = $192.47. Which is pretty good.

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Asus-1B32
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
its showing as 249 did the price go up?

neeedcoupon (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 7:39p) |

Yeah, it's back up. BTW, when I was at Sears it rang up as $249.99, and I only got the $224.99 when I asked the clerk to... (more)

saltoricco (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 7:41p) |

It is dead for now. Maybe it will be back for Cyber Monday.

bru20 (Nov. 25, 2012 @ 7:59p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

awesome deal - in 4 1

awesome deal - in 4 1

FW'ers must be picky . This is a front page, cream of the crop, on another site.

bru20 said:   FW'ers must be picky . This is a front page, cream of the crop, on another site.
We don't like sales tax

Also, lol at the free microSD card. I'd pay good money to see someone try to "put it in" the Nexus 7.

What is Sears return policy on technology? I can't locate it with a Google search.

coolbreeze said:   We don't like sales tax
Who does, but...

OD had it for $229 on BF and that was labelled a Top 10 Tablet deal by many. With CB this is under $200, plus tax, of course .
coolbreeze said:   
Also, lol at the free microSD card. I'd pay good money to see someone try to "put it in" the Nexus 7.

Yeah that is kind of funny, but assuming someone has a use for it elsewhere, it adds to the value of this deal.

The Nexus is rarely discounted so if someone is considering purchasing this is pretty good, even with the caveats.

edit: It is in and out of stock and some are getting orders cancelled so YMMV. If you can get it shipped it reduces the tax, at least for me.

bru20 said:   FW'ers must be picky . This is a front page, cream of the crop, on another site.

*shrug* It's only good if you can go through ShopDiscover.

With NJ sales tax my total was $240.74 Comparable to the expired Adorama via eBay deal (which got 10 green) @ $239.00 (which I would have had to pay tax on in NJ)

But that came with a case and screen protector!!

Which I think the $32 in CashBack will more than cover (so to speak).

how do you get the 5% off? I only see 10% CB from Discover

SarvG said:   how do you get the 5% off? I only see 10% CB from Discover
In addition to the 10% when you go to Sears.com through ShopDiscover, Discovers' quarterly bonus is 5% for "online purchases". They stack. It makes almost any online purchase through Dec. 31 that much better.

I already got it for a BB.com purchase, Discover sends an email confirming it.

Thanks, Just bought it for pickup in a couple weeks!

hmm... this or the kindle paperwhite... i keep wavering

emmd2001 said:   hmm... this or the kindle paperwhite... i keep wavering

I've had the same thing on my mind. I finally decided with the Nexus, though, as I do not want to be completely locked into being an Amazon consumer. There is a whole lot more content available than just Amazon, and if I want to stream Amazon Prime to the Nexus I just need to install Flash.

I think the biggest upsell for the Paperwhite is the lighting and text readability. ymmv.

Marauder777 said:   emmd2001 said:   hmm... this or the kindle paperwhite... i keep wavering

I've had the same thing on my mind. I finally decided with the Nexus, though, as I do not want to be completely locked into being an Amazon consumer. There is a whole lot more content available than just Amazon, and if I want to stream Amazon Prime to the Nexus I just need to install Flash.

I think the biggest upsell for the Paperwhite is the lighting and text readability. ymmv.

the text readability is my thing, since i'd mainly use it for reading... any real work would be done on the laptop... but still the additional capability of th nexus is tempting, especially at this price...

Smoking deal. If you're at all interested in this tablet, go for it, you will not be disappointed.

But at the OP price and no Shop discover etc, is this still a good deal?

It seems that this deal is now dead. The sale price no longer shows up on the Sears website for me.

seems dead....shows $249.99 now...good post though

Got one earlier today, thanks OP!

its showing as 249 did the price go up?

neeedcoupon said:   its showing as 249 did the price go up?
Yeah, it's back up. BTW, when I was at Sears it rang up as $249.99, and I only got the $224.99 when I asked the clerk to look up the online price.

It is dead for now. Maybe it will be back for Cyber Monday.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.