Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$399.99-25 GC for Dell - Inspiron 15.6" i5 Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive at BestBuy

SKU: 6913616

FREE SHIPPING

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+15.6%26%2334%3B+Lapt...

25GC info

Chase Freedom 5% Cash Back (ie $399 - $25GC - $20 = $354)
or
Discover 5% Cash Back (ie $399 - $25GC - $20 = $354)
or
AMEX FB sync $20 statement credit ($20 off $200 at Bestbuy) (ie $399 - 25GC - 20 = $354)

and

+ Upromise 5% off (ie $399 - 25GC -$20 -$20 = $334)

i5 for $344 + Tax

Member Summary

Dell Inspiron
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This is still live, minus the $25 GC. Still, $399 for a 3rd gen i5 and LED 15" screen is about the bet deal that's out t... (more)

ziolo (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 8:19a) |

Ordered mine this morning for ship-to-store. (still in fulfillment)

Now, item page says: "NOT AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING"
See... (more)

embedit (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 2:31p) |

Received it. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3520.

Haven't fired it up to check specs, but it is missing the Windows 8 registrat... (more)

ziolo (Dec. 03, 2012 @ 3:30p) |

Warning "Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN". No Gigabit ethernet. Shame!
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you mean $375? $275 would be a great deal for an i5.

$399.99-25 != $275

klm123 said:   $399.99-25 GC for Dell - Inspiron 15.6" i5 Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive at BestBuy

SKU: 6913616

FREE SHIPPING

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+15.6%26%2334%3B+Lapt...

OP ERROR
should be $375 not 275

My error. Fixed it. It should be $375

Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20, this could come out to $335 plus tax on $399.

How do I get the $25 GC for Dell?

voodoomorph said:   How do I get the $25 GC for Dell?

It's a $25 best buy GC you get for doing in store pick up over $250.

this seems like a good deal. how does one get that AMEX $20 off $200 best buy?

n/m - you have to synch an AMEX card on twitter or facebook...

russ0519 said:   Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20, this could come out to $335 plus tax on $399.

I believe that shopdiscover gives you 5% for online purchases upon using your discover card. The AMEX discount also requires use of the registered AMEX card. Your math is slightly off here.

russ0519 said:   Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20,

Guess you didn't think that through completely. In order to get $20 from AMEX, you have to purchase with...... yup, you guessed it.... an AMEX card.

In order to get 5% back from shopDiscover, you have to purchase with...... yup, you guessed it... a Discover card.

usernamemax20charact said:   russ0519 said:   Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20,

Guess you didn't think that through completely. In order to get $20 from AMEX, you have to purchase with...... yup, you guessed it.... an AMEX card.

In order to get 5% back from shopDiscover, you have to purchase with...... yup, you guessed it... a Discover card.

Beat you by 6 minutes. I think the best he can hope for is $20 from AMEX and $9.99 from discover by using both cards to pay.

Thats why I always take it with a grain of salt when math skills are used on HD FW posts. More often than not posters never follow through after showing off their math powers.

EDIT
Fixed my own math error

Is this really an i5? or i3? Searching for the model on Newegg and Amazon gives i3 (altho the model has an "n" i15N-2728BK.

Amazon link

klm123 said:   + Upromise 5% off (ie $399 - 25GC -$20 -$20 = $334)

What is + Upromise 5% off (ie $399 - 25GC -$20 -$20 = $334)

Thanks!! After all things considered I'm in for one. I was at best buy earlier and they had some nice open box deals but, when the guy was trying to show me stuff to show different facets of the computer people had deleted stock photo's and did god knows what else to the computers. Figuring the points and Cash Back and the 25 dollar gc this was a good deal for me.

Jlovey2 said:   Thanks!! After all things considered I'm in for one. I was at best buy earlier and they had some nice open box deals but, when the guy was trying to show me stuff to show different facets of the computer people had deleted stock photo's and did god knows what else to the computers. Figuring the points and Cash Back and the 25 dollar gc this was a good deal for me.

Would appreciate it if you could verify if that is indeed an i5 or an i3...

is Wondows 8 worth a buy or a turn off for this deal ?

They have both and I3 and an I5 at this price the I3 has more Ram but the same size HD so I wanted the faster processor.

anaheimhill said:   klm123 said:   + Upromise 5% off (ie $399 - 25GC -$20 -$20 = $334)

What is + Upromise 5% off (ie $399 - 25GC -$20 -$20 = $334)

upromise.com free to join

thank you OP.
in for 1
bb specs say 3rd gen i5

I m not familiar with the upromise 5% off. How can I find this offer? Thanks?

Dell Inspiron 14z-2877 14" Laptop? ($420+tax) in Staples.com! which is good deal? Tech-guys please advise?
Product Details

Intel® Core™ i5-2450M 2.50 GHz Processor
6GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory
500GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
14.0" HD WLED True-Life Display (1366x768)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Specifications
Laptop Battery Life n/a
Bluetooth Compatibility v3.0
Laptop Display Type HD WLED True-Life Display
Laptop Memory Expandable no
CPU Cache n/a
Laptop Processor Speed 2.5 GHz
Laptop Processor Type Intel Core i5-2450M
Laptop Color Espresso Black
Laptop Memory RAM 6GB
Laptop Use Everyday
Laptop Screen Size 14"
Laptop Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Laptop Network Card 802.11 b/g/n
Laptop Optical Drive 8X CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Laptop Memory Type DDR3 1333MHz
Video Graphics Memory n/a
Laptop Hard Drive Speed 5400RPM
Laptop Hard Drive Capacity 500GB
Laptop Webcam HD
Laptop Audio High Definition Audio 2.0
Media Card Reader 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
Laptop Hard Drive Type SATA
Laptop Video Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000
Laptop Other ports 1 VGA, 1 RJ-45, 1 headphone, 1 microphone
Laptop Extra Features English Non-Backlit Keyboard
Laptop USB Slots 3 USB ports
Laptop Warranty 1 year
Laptop Weight n/a
Laptop Dimensions (L x W x H) 13.6" x 9.7" x .94"
Laptop Style Laptop/Notebook
Windows Select PC No
Laptop Refurbished No
Laptop Battery Type 6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery

$25GC is for next purchase!!

Dell Inspiron 14z-2877 14" Laptop? ($420+tax) in Staples.com! which is good deal?Compared to the Best Buy laptop, the Staples laptop is:
- $20 more expensive (more after the GC & rebates)
- slightly slower processor & graphics (2nd generation Sandy Bridge instead of Ivy Bridge)
- no HDMI
+ smaller size & screen, but apparently same resolution
+ 2 GB more memory

For me, the Best Buy laptop is the better deal.

C320 said:   usernamemax20charact said:   russ0519 said:   Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20,

Beat you by 6 minutes. I think the best he can hope for is $20 from AMEX and $5 from discover by using both cards to pay.

Thats why I always take it with a grain of salt when math skills are used on HD FW posts. More often than not posters never follow through after showing off their math powers

You can buy a $200 BB GC online using the AMEX and still get 5% on the other $199 using a Discover or Freedom card. $30 off + whatever you can get in a shopping portal. If you happen to get 5% on the $199 from ShopDiscover, his math would be correct.

Also, he was just trying to help.

Definitely a good deal. Keep in mind that this line (the Inspiron 15) is pretty bulky. I have another version of this laptop (different CPU) and it just looks dated. It works well though - keyboard feels fine, screen is fine, runs cool - it's just more bulky than I'd like.

Can any one tell if this is Inspiron 15 or 15R

Before you order note there is no Gigabit ethernet.

"Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN"

If you only plan to use wireless then you may be fine but if you ever want to transfer large data or do backup over ethernet be warned.

Thank you, I just ordered one.

Today this deal is SD's first page hot deal and their users are all over on this deal.

I don't know why FWers didn't find it as hot deal.

No touch screen or multi-touch touchpad = no deal!

I might have pulled the trigger if it didn't include a Best Buy gift card. Man I hate that place. Green for op though.

Not a gift card peoples.. Redeemable Gift code to be used @ BB only by 1/25/2013. Means ya gotta go back and buy summin else. However, the lappy looks pretty decent. Im trigger happy but not yet. I have 2 other 15R's and theyve been great.

Pay attention to you FW Cash Back if you used it they reported only about .006% when the link clearly says 1 to 3.6 unspecified. I got 2.60 cents for a 399 dollar purchase. I clicked support so hopefully this gets fixed.

Today I was offered this laptop from Dell as a part of replacement order for my Dell 14Z door buster of black friday($299) and since it's n longer available -Dell offered this model at no extra charge.

Jlovey2 said:   Pay attention to you FW Cash Back if you used it they reported only about .006% when the link clearly says 1 to 3.6 unspecified. I got 2.60 cents for a 399 dollar purchase. I clicked support so hopefully this gets fixed.

Im curious to know what you hear. In for one but you got more Cash Back than I did. Pending Cash Back is $2.40 for me.

$25GC apply to ship to store orders? Or only for pickup immediately?

usernamemax20charact said:   russ0519 said:   Minus $20 for AMEX $20 off $200 bestbuy, and possibly shopdiscover 5% on top of that for another $20,

LMAO.............................................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Discover CashBack is NOT valid on laptop purchases.

Skipping 8 Messages...
Received it. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3520.

Haven't fired it up to check specs, but it is missing the Windows 8 registration sticker (looked on the bottom, under battery, in box, everywhere), so no way to reinstall OS on the new SSD I have waiting for it.

Also it shipped with a driver CD, but no OS disc. Looks like I'll be calling Dell for those things, but it looks nice, at least.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014