• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Android Games Link <--Some nice in-game discounts.

Music Link <-- From $2.99 per album.

TV Link <-- Full seasons from $9.99

Books Link <-- Up to 80% Off

Movies Link <-- From $2.99

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Google Play said: "Some of the best apps and games of 2012 are slashing prices on the goodies that make your favorite free experience even better. For a limited time, get incredible discounts on in-game currency, special items, packs, gems, exclusive content, app upgrades and more."

Seems like not to be a discount on games, but rather on in app purchases of "free" games.

Yeah, it seems pretty weak to call this a big deal. I saw this a few days ago and it seems like just discounts on in-game purchases. I guess, nice if you already play the game and are the type to make purchases inside the game. But for most, I'd say a big disappointment. But maybe something big will happen on Monday there.

I am really sick of the IAP games; Before this new trend I had bought many games, but now it feels like I'm not spending much on games, at least normal apps don't pull this crap. I actually actively looked for a way to buy all the "add-ons" for one of these games at once (instead of as needed) and when I failed i just gave the whole system a big "fuckit" and now make a point to not support this terrible practice. If devs want to do this they should at least offer a paid version of their program for those of us who prefer it (instead of selling me "silly-dollers" for real USD just make the things cost some other resource that i produce in the game, or unlock all of the locked IAP goodies for a 1-time fee). Sorry, just wanted to vent, and I know it is a bit off topic.

anonguy said:   Yeah, it seems pretty weak to call this a big deal. I saw this a few days ago and it seems like just discounts on in-game purchases. I guess, nice if you already play the game and are the type to make purchases inside the game. But for most, I'd say a big disappointment. But maybe something big will happen on Monday there.

Updated to included other Google Play Offers, including Books, TV, Movies, Music, etc.

dajabon said:   Google Play said: "Some of the best apps and games of 2012 are slashing prices on the goodies that make your favorite free experience even better. For a limited time, get incredible discounts on in-game currency, special items, packs, gems, exclusive content, app upgrades and more."

Seems like not to be a discount on games, but rather on in app purchases of "free" games.
Updated the OP. Thanks for the correction. As for discounted apps and games, there is a good chance that the developers are discounting it this weekend. For example, Swiftkey 3 Keyboard is half price at $1.99

I can say that there is another promotion going, may already be posted somewhere on this forum:

The Amazing Spider-Man $0.99

The Adventures of Tintin $0.99

Backstab $0.99

Sharp666 said:   I am really sick of the IAP games; Before this new trend I had bought many games, but now it feels like I'm not spending much on games, at least normal apps don't pull this crap. I actually actively looked for a way to buy all the "add-ons" for one of these games at once (instead of as needed) and when I failed i just gave the whole system a big "fuckit" and now make a point to not support this terrible practice. If devs want to do this they should at least offer a paid version of their program for those of us who prefer it (instead of selling me "silly-dollers" for real USD just make the things cost some other resource that i produce in the game, or unlock all of the locked IAP goodies for a 1-time fee). Sorry, just wanted to vent, and I know it is a bit off topic.

anonguy said:   Yeah, it seems pretty weak to call this a big deal. I saw this a few days ago and it seems like just discounts on in-game purchases. I guess, nice if you already play the game and are the type to make purchases inside the game. But for most, I'd say a big disappointment. But maybe something big will happen on Monday there.


I agree with the rant. I have to keep my child's IPAD on lock even though it is only tied to some low;y Itunes credit. My brain doesn't work fast enough to sort out all the crap. And is certainly designed to trap a small kid. Yes, it is teaching a bad lesson. It teaches wastefulness.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014