Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Intel 330 Series 240gb SSD $139.99 + FS @ Newegg

First page
1 of 2
brothertrav
11/25/12 6:44 PM
Link

Sort of a repost, but I thought it could use a post of it's own. There is a newer 335 series here for $154.99, but that series may have questionable reliability with the new smaller chips.

A decent deal for an Intel SSD.
WikiPost
11/25/12 6:44 PM
Intel 330 Series 240gb SSD [ image/jpeg - 22.94kB ]
Mulox
11/25/12 8:12 PM
Awesome deal, thanks OP! Just curious where you are reading about the 335 chipset, as I thought that was "the one to get" and have been waiting on the price to fall a bit on that one...
brothertrav
11/25/12 8:50 PM
Here

and

Here

There is at least one more... I'll keep looking. There seems to be a worry about moving to the smaller chip and it's longevity. Probably most would never see the end life of the 335, but for those who are concerned well...

And after all that being said... here's a link where intel says it was a firmware issue and will be fixed. So, maybe it's a non-issue.

And here Anandtech gets a response and says that the 330 doesn't even report it's life expectancy... so, now maybe it's not such a great deal. LOL, who knows...
fatxman
11/25/12 9:28 PM
Has Newegg just admitted they are a crappier store than TigerDirect? They consistently sale the same thing at higher price.
jaymez619
11/25/12 10:16 PM
I was waiting and waiting for the Samsung 830 to go lower and lower. Did I wait too long? Black Friday has come and gone and I was hoping to get a 128GB (preferably the Samsung) for under $60. Now this Intel is starting to look attractive.
ensignlee
11/25/12 10:22 PM
jaymez619 said:   

I was waiting and waiting for the Samsung 830 to go lower and lower. Did I wait too long? Black Friday has come and gone and I was hoping to get a 128GB (preferably the Samsung) for under $60. Now this Intel is starting to look attractive.

Lol, that was never going to happen. You definitely waited too long.

You could try this one though if you want: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1237957/

It's sandforce, but for %60, you can't have the world.
Mulox
11/26/12 1:51 AM
Thanks for the links brothertrav, that is very concerning indeed, and it seems too early to tell on the 335. Looks like TigerDirect not only has a better price on the 330 drive, but also has a lot more CashBack at 6%...

I have a 180gb 520 drive now... how much improvement will I see on this drive?
brothertrav
11/26/12 2:01 AM
Mulox said:   

Thanks for the links brothertrav, that is very concerning indeed, and it seems too early to tell on the 335. Looks like TigerDirect not only has a better price on the 330 drive, but also has a lot more CashBack at 6%...

I have a 180gb 520 drive now... how much improvement will I see on this drive?

I'd think you'd only see improvement in the size of the drive. The drive you have is pretty much top of the line for Intel right now. And yeah Tiger direct started their deal after I posted this. It's definitely cheaper there if you don't mind the rebate hassle.
Mulox
11/26/12 2:15 AM
I don't understand... are you saying the 330 is a step down from the 520 series?
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.