• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Sort of a repost, but I thought it could use a post of it's own. There is a newer 335 series here for $154.99, but that series may have questionable reliability with the new smaller chips.

A decent deal for an Intel SSD.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Intel 330 Series 240gb SSD
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome deal, thanks OP! Just curious where you are reading about the 335 chipset, as I thought that was "the one to get" and have been waiting on the price to fall a bit on that one...

Here

and

Here

There is at least one more... I'll keep looking. There seems to be a worry about moving to the smaller chip and it's longevity. Probably most would never see the end life of the 335, but for those who are concerned well...

And after all that being said... here's a link where intel says it was a firmware issue and will be fixed. So, maybe it's a non-issue.

And here Anandtech gets a response and says that the 330 doesn't even report it's life expectancy... so, now maybe it's not such a great deal. LOL, who knows...

Has Newegg just admitted they are a crappier store than TigerDirect? They consistently sale the same thing at higher price.

I was waiting and waiting for the Samsung 830 to go lower and lower. Did I wait too long? Black Friday has come and gone and I was hoping to get a 128GB (preferably the Samsung) for under $60. Now this Intel is starting to look attractive.

jaymez619 said:   I was waiting and waiting for the Samsung 830 to go lower and lower. Did I wait too long? Black Friday has come and gone and I was hoping to get a 128GB (preferably the Samsung) for under $60. Now this Intel is starting to look attractive.

Lol, that was never going to happen. You definitely waited too long.

You could try this one though if you want: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1237957/

It's sandforce, but for %60, you can't have the world.

Thanks for the links brothertrav, that is very concerning indeed, and it seems too early to tell on the 335. Looks like TigerDirect not only has a better price on the 330 drive, but also has a lot more CashBack at 6%...

I have a 180gb 520 drive now... how much improvement will I see on this drive?

Mulox said:   Thanks for the links brothertrav, that is very concerning indeed, and it seems too early to tell on the 335. Looks like TigerDirect not only has a better price on the 330 drive, but also has a lot more CashBack at 6%...

I have a 180gb 520 drive now... how much improvement will I see on this drive?

I'd think you'd only see improvement in the size of the drive. The drive you have is pretty much top of the line for Intel right now. And yeah Tiger direct started their deal after I posted this. It's definitely cheaper there if you don't mind the rebate hassle.

I don't understand... are you saying the 330 is a step down from the 520 series?

Mulox said:   I don't understand... are you saying the 330 is a step down from the 520 series?

Yes, the 520 has a better firmware and better quality chips. Speed wise, they are very similar, with the 520 being a tad faster. The 520 has a 5 year warranty, the 330 only has a 3 year warranty. In general terms, the 330 is perfectly fine for the average consumer and he/she wouldn't notice any difference between the two. But there is a difference in components. You already have the better drive.

Below is stolen from Anandtech's review...

"The 330 and 520 are very similar drives. The 330's primary differentiation comes from its use of cheaper, lower endurance MLC NAND. I'll get to the math behind why this isn't an issue at all for most users shortly. Conceptually, the 330 vs. the 520 is very similar to Kingston's HyperX 3K vs. regular HyperX drive. Just like with frequency binning for CPUs, there's endurance binning for NAND. Lower endurance parts are more plentiful (and thus cheaper) while the highest endurance parts will be sold for a premium (e.g. MLC-HET). If Intel does its job right, most of the stuff in the middle should be very good. And if it does its job really well, even the lower endurance parts should be more than good enough." - Anand

Full review linked here.

It is now $10 cheaper at tiger direct for cyber monday ($129.99 + FS) but requires $30 MIR

So how do you get free shipping? There are 4 options for shipping, 3 requires to pay and the only option with free shipping, you have to sign up for some kind of membership for $50.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.